Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:20 pm

whufc wrote:Understand some won't agree.

Just found I cant claim any Centrelink money for being dropped down to 0.6 until I have used all my Annual Leave and Long Service Leave first.

That sucks. There pretty much goes our holiday once this crisis is over.

Personally feel permenant employees have been a tad screwed over during this period.

If you go to .6 you can access your super though? Only need a 20% reductuction in wages to qualify for this. Not that it's a particularly good time to sell out of your investments whilst they are down.
But could possibly get $10,000 before July and $10,000 after July.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Should probably stay how it is at the moment I would have thought. Your daughter stays with mum and your partner's kids stay with you guys until it all sorts itself out. That's just my opinion though of course.

Why?
If the kids are going to school anyway I don’t think it matters if they change between families.

Because going from home to school is exposing you to two environments.

Going from home to school to another home is exposing yourself to 3 environments and exposing the two homes to each other.

#riskmanagement

Good to see Booney's on Team Bum Crack :lol:

Bum Crack wrote:It's all a load of absolute wank. I'm happy to have a 2 week lock down at home binging on Netflix though.

Haven't you changed your tune!!
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:23 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Question: We have a blended family, with shared care between parents (myself and my ex, my partner and her ex).. we have decided to stay home from now on, kids school stuff is all sorted for online learning/lectures etc... Suggestions on how to approach this in terms of care arrangements? Is it wrong to "cancel" them for a while and resort to measures like phone calls/face time?

My daughter is with her mum during the week and with us on weekends.
My partners daughters are the opposite - with us during the week, with dad on weekends.

Should probably stay how it is at the moment I would have thought. Your daughter stays with mum and your partner's kids stay with you guys until it all sorts itself out. That's just my opinion though of course.

Why?
If the kids are going to school anyway I don’t think it matters if they change between families.

Because going from home to school is exposing you to two environments.

Going from home to school to another home is exposing yourself to 3 environments and exposing the two homes to each other.

#riskmanagement

I get your point but not being able to see your kids would change your thought process a little.
Last edited by amber_fluid on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:23 pm

Booney wrote:The last week of this term, the 4 days leading up to Good Friday and the start of holidays, will be pupil free days however schools will be open for people who are unable to host children at home or in care.

I wish they worded that better "pupil free" indicates the students aren't welcome at school
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:25 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Haven't you changed your tune!!

Oooh haven't you just been storing that waiting for the perfect moment to pounce! :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:25 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:

Just found I cant claim any Centrelink money for being dropped down to 0.6 until I have used all my Annual Leave and Long Service Leave first.

Personally feel permenant employees have been a tad screwed over during this period.

If you go to .6 you can access your super though? Only need a 20% reductuction in wages to qualify for this. Not that it's a particularly good time to sell out of your investments whilst they are down.

Yeah I believe I could but probably need to take some more advice on whether it is advisable touching my super.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:25 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Haven't you changed your tune!!

Oooh haven't you just been storing that waiting for the perfect moment to pounce! :lol:

Na not at all. I still feel it's way overboard and an overreaction but I'm not going to flout the rules in place and do the wrong thing.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:27 pm

amber_fluid wrote:I get your point but not being able to see your kids would change your thought process a little.

No doubt, no doubt, I'd love to give my daughter a hug ( she's in isolation ) I'd love to see my Mum, my Dad, but it is what it is.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:27 pm

Booney wrote:On a scale of 1-10 for those at work (or working from home), what's the motivation level at?

Varies, but pretty bloody low. Im OK but speaking with customers who are in all sorts of trouble is so hard, becoming a pseudo counsellor atm
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:On a scale of 1-10 for those at work (or working from home), what's the motivation level at?

Varies, but pretty bloody low. Im OK but speaking with customers who are in all sorts of trouble is so hard, becoming a pseudo counsellor atm

He's going to take you on a strange ride.

@Pseudo
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:37 pm

whufc wrote:Yeah I believe I could but probably need to take some more advice on whether it is advisable touching my super.

You don't need to take all $10k super out though, perhaps you could take less and then make additional payments into it when you return to full time work?

Guess you just need to work out how much it's roughly going to cost you to survive/provide for a at least 4 months (after June you can access super again?)

Survive off your LSL / AL, then get Centrelink payments and in the new financial year withdraw super to restore your holiday fund?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:40 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Yeah I believe I could but probably need to take some more advice on whether it is advisable touching my super.

You don't need to take all $10k super out though, perhaps you could take less and then make additional payments into it when you return to full time work?

Guess you just need to work out how much it's roughly going to cost you to survive/provide for a at least 4 months (after June you can access super again?)

Survive off your LSL / AL, then get Centrelink payments and in the new financial year withdraw super to restore your holiday fund?

Great advice cheers mate.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:

How do they stop people ‘stashing’ away their LSL money and then claiming Centrelink payments?
They couldn’t monitor all your spend could they?

I’ve never had to deal with Centrelink thankfully so I’ve no idea
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:42 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

How do they stop people ‘stashing’ away their LSL money and then claiming Centrelink payments?

If yiu get paid out for x weeks, then you cant get cenno for x weeks
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:44 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

If yiu get paid out for x weeks, then you cant get cenno for x weeks

Yeah right.
That makes sense.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:53 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

He's going to take you on a strange ride.

@Pseudo

Get the couch ready Dutchy, the orderlies are just wheeling me in...

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:55 pm

whufc wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

Yeah I believe I could but probably need to take some more advice on whether it is advisable touching my super.

Easy for me to say, but absolutely avoid pilfering your super in the current (crashed) investment market. Find other ways if you can.

The Govt. is avoiding responsibility by making people do this instead of providing fiscal support.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:21 pm

The SA Government Unveils $650 Million Jobs Rescue Package

Earlier today South Australian Premier Steven Marshall announced a $650 million Jobs Rescue Package to help industries flailing in the wake of coronavirus. Details of the package were unveiled by Treasurer Rob Lucas in a press conference this afternoon.

The package includes a $300 million Business and Jobs Support Fund and a $250 million Community and Jobs Support Fund (to assist sporting, arts and recreational organisations).
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Q. wrote:The SA Government Unveils $650 Million Jobs Rescue Package

Earlier today South Australian Premier Steven Marshall announced a $650 million Jobs Rescue Package to help industries flailing in the wake of coronavirus. Details of the package were unveiled by Treasurer Rob Lucas in a press conference this afternoon.

The package includes a $300 million Business and Jobs Support Fund and a $250 million Community and Jobs Support Fund (to assist sporting, arts and recreational organisations).
So the unemployed get another $500 bonus aswell?
Seems no one wants to help the people actual workers who have had massive hours cut or have taken LWOP
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 pm

I like their effort, but $650m into what has already been $189 Billion doesn't really matter does it?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion