Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 am

Pseudo wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Pseudo wrote:There's always bedroom golf...

You'll start on the back 9?

No mate, with my club I'm afraid I'm restricted to mini-golf...

I’m going straight to the 19th as I’m no chance of getting near the hole.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:50 am

am Bays wrote:CoVId the 19th hole....

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!”
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:04 pm

Booney wrote:Seems clear to me :

Golf Australia has advised all Australian golf clubs and facilities to close until further notice.

Golf Australia chairman Andrew Newbold said the recommendation was based on the Prime Minister’s announcement on Sunday evening (29 March) that limits outdoor gatherings to two persons or fewer.

The Prime Minister said all Australians should stay at home except for:

• Shopping for essentials
• Medical purposes
• Exercise
• Work and education, if you cannot work or learn remotely

Some Premiers and Chief Ministers have already supported this view and reinforced to their residents that this advice should be followed. It is expected that states/territories will all take this position in coming days.

Newbold said government messaging had been clear on what constituted exercise and while golf is used as exercise for many, it was clear golf did not fall within those parameters in the past 24 hours.

“Golf Australia acknowledges that some state and territory governments will provide additional information and we will keep you up to date as and when additional state and territory-based announcements are made so you are clear on the legalities of golf courses and their operations moving forward,” Newbold said.

“While this is a difficult time for the golf industry and wider society, Golf Australia is committed to working with clubs and facilities across the states and territories to ensure that we return a vibrant, strong industry.”

Golf Australia has also, in conjunction with the Australian Sports Turf Management Association, Golf NSW and Golf WA begun to lobby both Federal and state governments to ensure that – in the event of a further increase in restrictions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 – course staff will be able to continue to access clubs and facilities.

“We will keep you all up to date as to the status of these discussions, although it should be noted that as of now there are no further restrictions on current greenkeeping operations,” Newbold said.

Maybe not. Just found out all courses in Riverland are open to all members provided they play in a maximum group of 2 and non-members are not permitted to play.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:20 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

Golf Australia has advised all Australian golf clubs and facilities to close until further notice.

Golf Australia chairman Andrew Newbold said the recommendation was based on the Prime Minister’s announcement on Sunday evening (29 March) that limits outdoor gatherings to two persons or fewer.

• Medical purposes
• Exercise

Some Premiers and Chief Ministers have already supported this view and reinforced to their residents that this advice should be followed. It is expected that states/territories will all take this position in coming days.

Newbold said government messaging had been clear on what constituted exercise and while golf is used as exercise for many, it was clear golf did not fall within those parameters in the past 24 hours.

“Golf Australia acknowledges that some state and territory governments will provide additional information and we will keep you up to date as and when additional state and territory-based announcements are made so you are clear on the legalities of golf courses and their operations moving forward,” Newbold said.

“While this is a difficult time for the golf industry and wider society, Golf Australia is committed to working with clubs and facilities across the states and territories to ensure that we return a vibrant, strong industry.”

Golf Australia has also, in conjunction with the Australian Sports Turf Management Association, Golf NSW and Golf WA begun to lobby both Federal and state governments to ensure that – in the event of a further increase in restrictions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 – course staff will be able to continue to access clubs and facilities.

“We will keep you all up to date as to the status of these discussions, although it should be noted that as of now there are no further restrictions on current greenkeeping operations,” Newbold said.

Maybe not. Just found out all courses in Riverland are open to all members provided they play in a maximum group of 2 and non-members are not permitted to play.

Grange is still open currently doing the same thing. Played yesterday in group of two, you hardly get near each other and see nobody else on course. Classified as exercise, no scoring or comps. No different than going for 10 km walk or run. Bumped into more people getting milk and bread down supermarket just then!!

For mental health issues I hope this does not change, only thing keeping me sane at the moment. I fear "peer group pressure"may make them change their mind soon, hopefully get game in tomorrow before this happens!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:21 pm

Its up to each individual golf course, Golf Australia have no powers over courses and can only make recommendations. A few clubs are actively promoting they are open, Im looking to go for a hit on the weekend.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:25 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

• Medical purposes
• Exercise

Grange is still open currently doing the same thing. Played yesterday in group of two, you hardly get near each other and see nobody else on course. Classified as exercise, no scoring or comps. No different than going for 10 km walk or run. Bumped into more people getting milk and bread down supermarket just then!!

For mental health issues I hope this does not change, only thing keeping me sane at the moment. I fear "peer group pressure"may make them change their mind soon, hopefully get game in tomorrow before this happens!

I agree mate. I will be playing with the missus who I walk with every morning, sleep with every night and sometimes if I'm lucky, I get to do other things with her too so what is wrong with a hit of golf if we're the only two people on a hole at a time. Seems like a bit of overkill to me. We're closer to 10 houses in our street than we are to others on the golf course.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:12 pm

A little off topic...... I knew a golfing couple who's "side bet" was for ahem......bedroom favors. Better than winning $2 I guess!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3480 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:15 pm

Corona Man wrote:A little off topic...... I knew a golfing couple who's "side bet" was for ahem......bedroom favors. Better than winning $2 I guess!

She kicks my arse so if I bet with her, I'll be getting Mrs Palmer
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:40 pm

Pseudo wrote:
am Bays wrote:CoVId the 19th hole....

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!”

Will you Loafah my balls...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:IMO the government could do something really simple to assist the mental health of people for the next month and thats extend daylight savings for another month. I know Im enjoying the hour after dinner, whether it be a walk, ride or kick of the footy with the kids or just muck around in the garden. This helps me massively with what is going on after a tough day at work. I know that will make the mornings darker for longer but give me the daylight at the end of the day every time.

**** that, be starting at 9 at that rate
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby locky801 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:15 pm

hearing 32 new cases today in SA

5 critical in ICU
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:19 pm

locky801 wrote:hearing 32 new cases today in SA

5 critical in ICU

Any news of the ages of the critical?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:21 pm

locky801 wrote:hearing 32 new cases today in SA

5 critical in ICU
33 new ones in Adelaide I believe.
6 were Qantas baggage handlers that work in the same area of the airport as me
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:26 pm

Jim05 wrote:6 were Qantas baggage handlers that work in the same area of the airport as me

:o Outrageous! I have a mate, pretty sure that was his role (until last Tuesday), might have to check in with him make sure he's okay dokey.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:11 pm

440 people around the country directly linked to the Ruby Princess.

25% of SA cases are directly linked to the cruise ship.

Heads must roll. ( After all this blows over ).
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:12 pm

Anyone know if recycling joints are open? My garage will be overflowing with empties before too long
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby SANFLFAN » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:26 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Anyone know if recycling joints are open? My garage will be overflowing with empties before too long

Used the one at Pooraka on Sunday.
SANFLFAN
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:28 pm

Lots of flights coming into Adelaide cancelled

GOOD
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:31 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Lots of flights coming into Adelaide cancelled

GOOD
Only Qantas.
Most flights currently are regional passenger flights or freight flights. Very few passengers from interstate
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LMA » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:43 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Lots of flights coming into Adelaide cancelled

GOOD
Only Qantas.
Most flights currently are regional passenger flights or freight flights. Very few passengers from interstate

Has the option been explored to use passenger planes as freight planes internationally rather than have them grounded. I know the parts we get from UK usually get put on passenger planes however now we are facing increased costs and delays getting them in the country.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion