I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby LMA » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Corona Man wrote:When did the Weekend Australian stop publishing race form?

Been a while since I’ve bought a paper I guess!

If it's like the Adevertiser you'll see it on a Friday.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:31 pm

DOC wrote:After some research, I wanted to buy the same as Ambers but discovered no one had them.

I went to a computer shop at Kent Town and the guy there said they had a cheaper one (same brand) as it only did one channel and not two. Told me if it didn;t work bring it back for a refund and wait for the other to become available.

Bought it for $52, installed it last night and everything works better.

As an aside, he said they had never been busier with everyone working from home.

I went to Officeworks today and they only had 2 left of any brand, ended up getting a cheap one, $58, and it appears to have worked. Put it halfway down the hallway and the signal strength (bars) are at maximum capacity compared to about 2 thirds for the modem.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:44 pm

Does anyone here know anything about plumbing?

Situation - Drain in bathroom has been blocked partially, water fills the sink but does drain eventually, anyway I used some nasty ass drain cleaner chemicals that I didn't think worked, used it this arvo and after following instructions situation stayed the same. Anyway I just noticed SA water were just doing something a couple of houses down the road, 2 trucks so I guess something major and at this time of night. Drain now works perfectly and can't get the bowl to fill if I try. So my question is, did SA water fix the problem or was in the drain cleaner chemicals working hours later? No other drain in the house had a problem/ kitchen/laundry.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby DOC » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:15 pm

The chems.

You will find under the sink the pipe will go down then bend up again. THis is removable and can be cleaned manually. place a towel and/or a bowl under as it will leak a little.

It will be a grey to black sludge with hair, Enjoy!
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:09 am

Really tossing up using the idea of using the savings we had for our holiday, plus some money that is available to me regarding being paid out on LSL and Annual Leave as a deposit to by a house instead.

Wont be an easy conversation with the kids but under the current circumstances its looking like now isnt a bad time to get into the market......is that correct?
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:42 am

whufc wrote:Really tossing up using the idea of using the savings we had for our holiday, plus some money that is available to me regarding being paid out on LSL and Annual Leave as a deposit to by a house instead.

Wont be an easy conversation with the kids but under the current circumstances its looking like now isnt a bad time to get into the market......is that correct?

Wont be a drop off yet IMO, this thing will bite even harder in 3-6 months time, people are thinking they will be OK now but reality will hit later and they will have to make tough decisions on their house and the market will be flooded with properties driving price down. Unless of course we recover quickly and things aren't as bad as forecast, probably only a small chance of that.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:15 am

whufc wrote:Really tossing up using the idea of using the savings we had for our holiday, plus some money that is available to me regarding being paid out on LSL and Annual Leave as a deposit to by a house instead.

I'm sure Dutchy is well more equipped than I am to answer but yeah, I'd hold off as long as you can, the other end of the tunnel will give the Joe Bloggs' of the world every incentive to build, plus, you can still travel once all of this settles down, imagine the torment that your girls would've endured if all this unfolded while you were stuck in Venice?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:21 am

Dutchy wrote:

Wont be a drop off yet IMO, this thing will bite even harder in 3-6 months time, people are thinking they will be OK now but reality will hit later and they will have to make tough decisions on their house and the market will be flooded with properties driving price down. Unless of course we recover quickly and things aren't as bad as forecast, probably only a small chance of that.

Thanks mate appreciate the advice and that does make sense.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:43 am

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Hard to buy / sell when you can't hold open inspections.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:54 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Hard to buy / sell when you can't hold open inspections.

Interestingly every real estate agent we have spoke to has offered us a 'house viewing' for this week.

I wonder if there is some slight terminology bending of the rules that is happening.
whufc
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:58 am

Agents are doing individual opens

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:59 am

whufc wrote:Interestingly every real estate agent we have spoke to has offered us a 'house viewing' for this week.
I wonder if there is some slight terminology bending of the rules that is happening.

I think I read that one-on-one inspections are okay (as they can easily enforce social distancing), unlike groups of people at walk-though inspections.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:03 pm

Magellan wrote:
whufc wrote:Interestingly every real estate agent we have spoke to has offered us a 'house viewing' for this week.

I think I read that one-on-one inspections are okay (as they can easily enforce social distancing), unlike groups of people at walk-though inspections.
Yep inspections are currently by appointment only.

Assume that the Agent's are asking relevant questions and providing hand gel
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Pag » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:07 pm

heater31 wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Yep inspections are currently by appointment only.

Assume that the Agent's are asking relevant questions and providing hand gel

Yep, we had a walk-through of a property last week and were offered hand sanitiser at the front door.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Agents are struggling at the moment also, I know of plenty of contracts that were in place that collapsed once this hit.

We have 20 houses in our street, 5 are currently for sale, all went on the market just before this started.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:20 pm

Dutchy wrote:Agents are struggling at the moment also, I know of plenty of contracts that were in place that collapsed once this hit.

We have 20 houses in our street, 5 are currently for sale, all went on the market just before this started.

They don't like the neighbours?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:22 pm

Dutchy wrote:Agents are struggling at the moment also, I know of plenty of contracts that were in place that collapsed once this hit.

Yep, we breathed a sigh of relief when ours cooled off last Thursday. We thought we got in.... just in time!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby HH3 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:37 pm

Tradies are still going strong.

This week we have got bricks, aircon, first fix electrical, insulation, gyrock.

Next week we get doors and locked up.

Two weeks our kitchen and bathrooms go in.

Theres four types of tradie at our place right now.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:59 pm

HH3 wrote:Tradies are still going strong.

For how long though? They will be right for another 2-3 months on jobs that were committed prior to this, but with people sitting on their hands now I wonder what the medium term outlook is?
Dutchy
Site Admin

I need to know....

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:09 pm

Dutchy wrote:
HH3 wrote:Tradies are still going strong.

For how long though? They will be right for another 2-3 months on jobs that were committed prior to this, but with people sitting on their hands now I wonder what the medium term outlook is?
My sons work has enough work to see them through to Christmas as long as supplies hold up
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion