SANFL Clubs

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Clubs

Postby UK Fan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:22 pm

LMA wrote:So there's a 15 year deal in place to host the AFL reserves, if the SANFL has an 8 team comp for the next few years geez it would be funny if Port and Adelaide get let back in once the corona fallout corrects itself. Whinge Thread version 2.0, UK would need to create even more usernames.

Man You showed him!!!!!

(how sad is this mans life this has to be Brett)
Last edited by UK Fan on Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:Any ideas how much its costs the Power to run the Magpies? They don't pay anything to the SANFL, they will still need development coaches so one of them could coach them, sprinkled with a few volunteers I don't really understand why it would cost that much considering it is a key part of their business model.

Still need a physio, trainers etc.
They’re not volunteers either.
And need to pay top up players.
Not sure how much they spend each year on top up players?
Wouldn’t be much surely given they don’t use many.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:34 pm

UK Fan wrote:
LMA wrote:So there's a 15 year deal in place to host the AFL reserves, if the SANFL has an 8 team comp for the next few years geez it would be funny if Port and Adelaide get let back in once the corona fallout corrects itself. Whinge Thread version 2.0, UK would need to create even more usernames.

Man You showed him!!!!!

(what a loser this has to be Brett)

You forgot to logout and login again or do you always refer to yourself in the third person. Pathetic.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby UK Fan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:40 pm

LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Man You showed him!!!!!

You forgot to logout and login again or do you always refer to yourself in the third person. Pathetic.

No I had to confess you got me good. One day in the near future it "may" all be reversed. BOOM!!!!!!!!

What a really well made point and not a last desperate grab at all.

(SAD what PAFC & what supporters are left have turned into)

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:46 pm

LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Man You showed him!!!!!

I wonder if he's donated to his old club that he used to follow or if he's as worried about them as much as he is the Magpies? Doesn't seem as though he is, spends much more time rejoicing in the potential death of the Magpies than the survival of the team he once supported. I guess he really did walk away and doesn't care anymore.

I know, it is strange.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:49 pm

(-|
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3460 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:51 pm

UK Fan wrote:
LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Man You showed him!!!!!

No I had to confess you got me good. One day in the near future it "may" all be reversed. BOOM!!!!!!!!

As opposed to being a pathetic sap who's obsessed with another club and has multiple usernames to preach his repetitive drool, or should I say DOOL. You're a joke pal.
LMA
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:05 pm

S
Booney wrote:
LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Man You showed him!!!!!

I wonder if he's donated to his old club that he used to follow or if he's as worried about them as much as he is the Magpies? Doesn't seem as though he is, spends much more time rejoicing in the potential death of the Magpies than the survival of the team he once supported. I guess he really did walk away and doesn't care anymore.

I know, it is strange.

You are aware how centrals voted With the afl reserves ???

Cdfc would be stoked by the news of port magpies demise as am I.

Nothing to worry about In the short term at doggies as we are virtually debt free which has been mentioned a few times.

I’m a Signed up member again This year. Every year since 1994. I even stupidly brought the digital pass which I doubt will get used lbh.

Now any other useless theories/pot shots you’ve got ?? You must be hurting to sink so low to attempt fear mongering on us loyal SANFL fans.

Maybe stick to happy clapping PAFCs recent under achievements and leave the rest to the grown ups. :-)

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:08 pm

UK Fan wrote:S
Booney wrote:
LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:[quote="LMA"]So there's a 15 year deal in place to host the AFL reserves, if the SANFL has an 8 team comp for the next few years geez it would be funny if Port and Adelaide get let back in once the corona fallout corrects itself. Whinge Thread version 2.0, UK would need to create even more usernames.

Man You showed him!!!!!

I know, it is strange.

You are aware how centrals voted With the afl reserves ???

Cdfc would be stoked by the news of port magpies demise as am I.

Nothing to worry about In the short term at doggies as we are virtually debt free which has been mentioned a few times.

I’m a Signed up member again This year. Every year since 1994. I even stupidly brought the digital pass which I doubt will get used lbh.

Now any other useless theories/pot shots you’ve got ?? You must be hurting to sink so low to attempt fear mongering on us loyal SANFL fans.

Maybe stick to happy clapping PAFCs recent under achievements and leave the rest to the grown ups. :-)[/quote]Nothing to worry about in the short term?
You are one step away from rattling tins at Elizabeth City Centre and you aren’t worried about the short term [emoji15]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby UK Fan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:18 pm

LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Man You showed him!!!!!

As opposed to being a pathetic sap who's obsessed with another club and has multiple usernames to preach his repetitive drool, or should I say DOOL. You're a joke pal.

You seem to be getting a tad frazzled Brett my boy :-)

No matter the topic you just can’t help being totally incorrect with the dumbest theories this site has seen in years.

You Just keep dreaming that in 2-3 years it will all be back to the way it was and port will stop being a joke. Good on you.

Btw I believe you may have dropped this. :lol:
Attachments
BAD409D4-A5D6-4F6B-AD41-61ADE94939FB.jpeg
BAD409D4-A5D6-4F6B-AD41-61ADE94939FB.jpeg (14.33 KiB) Viewed 2596 times

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:19 pm

Jim05 wrote:Nothing to worry about in the short term?
You are one step away from rattling tins at Elizabeth City Centre and you aren’t worried about the short term.

Nothing to add.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:29 pm

Booney wrote:
You are one step away from rattling tins at Elizabeth City Centre and you aren’t worried about the short term.

Nothing to add.

We are rattling tins at Elizabeth City Centre atm.

Could I guess you blokes haven’t read cdfcs balance sheet ??

I hear what you are saying and If it wasn’t for our and SANFLs debt position looking so good atm my concerns would defo be higher.

Plus if the afl clubs could keep making their agreed repayments cash flow wouldn’t be that much of an issue.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Groucho » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:29 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:

Nothing to add.

We are rattling tins at Elizabeth City Centre atm.

Could I guess you blokes haven’t read cdfcs balance sheet ??

I hear what you are saying and If it wasn’t for our and SANFLs debt position looking so good atm my concerns would defo be higher.

Plus if the afl clubs could keep making their agreed repayments cash flow wouldn’t be that much of an issue.

Or if one of them in particular could actually pay it.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:44 pm

Groucho wrote:Or if one of them in particular could actually pay it.

SANFL commission concluded as a foundation club we were not subject to the payment, is that right?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:06 pm

Booney wrote:

SANFL commission concluded as a foundation club we were not subject to the payment, is that right?

Can you say that again, I didn't hear it the first 25 times.
LMA
Coach

Postby Dogs64 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:32 pm

Booney wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:
Booney wrote:Rumors the Magpies will not exist next year are gaining momentum. Looks increasingly likely there won't be a side from the PAFC in the SANFL. :(

This is what the Power have always wanted. This way they can blame the virus and fold their reserves (keep the gaming license). They only kept the Magpies to appease some naïve supporters that couldn't comprehend a team of Power players is the Power reserves and Steve Summerton was right. Besides me cleaning out my garage, this would be one of the few positives of COVID -19. If they truly wanted to keep the Magpies they could reduce their AFL coaching staff by one down to 46.

You should have stayed in the shed.

I'm just starting to get interested again. A competition with some integrity may soon be plausible.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby JK » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:09 pm

Booney wrote:

Think you guys forego your SANFL/SMA dividend for not paying the fee the Crows do?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby StrayDog » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:10 pm

If nothing else, rattling tins will at least distract us from all those pokies and splashing all that disposable income in American fast food joints, apparently.
Last edited by StrayDog on Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:12 pm

Booney wrote:

No. We are talking your need to independently buy your licence Back off the SANFL as part of the Adelaide Oval deal.

7 mill over 15 years I believe.

Port missed making its payment last year and I’d be doubtful on this years.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Al22 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:26 pm

I think people will be sick of being indoors and watching tv by next season, so the SANFL crowds will grow quite significantly. Families at the footy, reserves and league still playing, but probably with a lower salary cap. Almost back to post WW2 recovery. It will also add interest if Port and Adelaide players are allocated to the 8 sides, but the loss of a dedicated Port side will be sad, even though I've hated them for 56 years. I was blissfully unaware of their existence for the prior 10 years. I've always admired Tim Ginever, although hate was also part of it when he was playing, but he's now one of the best SANFL commentators ever.
Al22
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL