Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby tigerpie » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:54 pm

So I'm shocked!
Dodgy products, with certificates of compliance landing here.
We've been importing substandard products from them for years.
You do get what you pay for. They're cheap for a reason!
Wake up Australia.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:51 pm

My wife got an official letter from her employer today confirming she is considered an essential worker and has been told to carry it everywhere, anyone heard a full lock down is coming?

I was actually only thinking yesterday that we might avoid it?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:56 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I went to the airport this morning - but it was a drive by - picking up my brother, who flew in from Moomba

What does your brother do?

Rigger.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:My wife got an official letter from her employer today confirming she is considered an essential worker and has been told to carry it everywhere, anyone heard a full lock down is coming?

Think it would have to get a lot worse if they haven’t done it in nsw already
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Corona Man » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:01 pm

If the current social distancing etc situation continues until let’s say Aug/Sept the death toll from Covid 19 could well be surpassed by the cabin fever death toll. 3 weeks in and I’m going stir crazy.... to not be travelling, not be seeing people, meeting with customers and solving problems is doing my head in. Another 5 months of this will be bloody torture.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Jase » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:43 pm

Pfft social distancing...

My mum and dad just rocked up at the door to say Hi and for me to help him with his Samsung Tablet...

Not a bloody clue, the Lifestyle Village that they live in has 2 confirmed cases of Vivid as well...

Old people are crazy...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:52 pm

Golf club is selling off cartons of beer and wines etc.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:54 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Golf club is selling off cartons of beer and wines etc.

A lot of sporting clubs are.
I’ve had several emails about it.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Smashed Crab » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:58 pm

First day out of Self isolation after overseas travel. Took our boy to the GP to get a referral for a Pediatrician. Very quiet in there, organised. Dropped into Welland shopping centre on way home, wife went into Coles to get some supplies, I stayed in the car people watching with our son. Most people doing the right thing, I don't like to stereotype, but the bogans were the ones hanging in small groups and loitering. Saw the same again in Port Adelaide when we went to Chemist Warehouse. I'm impressed that most people seem to be abiding by the distancing, but its the minority that are just plain stupid and clueless that will let the virus linger on for months longer than it should. The same people that get and extra $550/fortnight for doing sweet F all.

Its awesome to go for a walk outside our 425m2 house block though :D Our boy has come straight from Korea, to the airport and straight home for 2 weeks. He got to see a bit today, was mesmerized by everything.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:04 pm

Smashed Crab wrote:First day out of Self isolation after overseas travel. Took our boy to the GP to get a referral for a Pediatrician. Very quiet in there, organised. Dropped into Welland shopping centre on way home, wife went into Coles to get some supplies, I stayed in the car people watching with our son. Most people doing the right thing, I don't like to stereotype, but the bogans were the ones hanging in small groups and loitering. Saw the same again in Port Adelaide when we went to Chemist Warehouse. I'm impressed that most people seem to be abiding by the distancing, but its the minority that are just plain stupid and clueless that will let the virus linger on for months longer than it should. The same people that get and extra $550/fortnight for doing sweet F all.

Its awesome to go for a walk outside our 425m2 house block though :D Our boy has come straight from Korea, to the airport and straight home for 2 weeks. He got to see a bit today, was mesmerized by everything.

Nice work mate.
Keep us posted with updates of your son.

Adoption must be the hardest but most rewarding thing you can ever do.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Smashed Crab » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:43 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Smashed Crab wrote:First day out of Self isolation after overseas travel. Took our boy to the GP to get a referral for a Pediatrician. Very quiet in there, organised. Dropped into Welland shopping centre on way home, wife went into Coles to get some supplies, I stayed in the car people watching with our son. Most people doing the right thing, I don't like to stereotype, but the bogans were the ones hanging in small groups and loitering. Saw the same again in Port Adelaide when we went to Chemist Warehouse. I'm impressed that most people seem to be abiding by the distancing, but its the minority that are just plain stupid and clueless that will let the virus linger on for months longer than it should. The same people that get and extra $550/fortnight for doing sweet F all.

Nice work mate.
Keep us posted with updates of your son.

Adoption must be the hardest but most rewarding thing you can ever do.

Thanks mate. It's been a long process. We started nearly 5 years ago, had a 18 month hiatus when we got pregnant, but then got straight back into it when our girl was 12 months old. We feel really lucky at the moment. He's a very happy boy, seems very healthy, good eater, good communication (for 17mths old), sleeps like a bloody log (our girl was a horrible sleeper). Its very rewarding when the two of them are playing & giggling.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:52 am

Smashed Crab wrote:
Thanks mate. It's been a long process. We started nearly 5 years ago, had a 18 month hiatus when we got pregnant, but then got straight back into it when our girl was 12 months old. We feel really lucky at the moment. He's a very happy boy, seems very healthy, good eater, good communication (for 17mths old), sleeps like a bloody log (our girl was a horrible sleeper). Its very rewarding when the two of them are playing & giggling.

Great read mate, especially at times like these where good news is few and far between.

All the best to you and your family.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:15 am

It's stories like yours that'll keep us going in the coming weeks and months mate. Please keep us updated.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:24 am

Dutchy wrote:My wife got an official letter from her employer today confirming she is considered an essential worker and has been told to carry it everywhere, anyone heard a full lock down is coming?

Hey Dutch, we have been given something similar. It's more applicable for my WA counterpart at the moment though, where they have restricted travel zones.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:27 am

Australia starting to track Sth Korea, we probably need to widen our testing criteria though.

US is just batshit insane. They can't even keep up with testing, so those enormous numbers probably don't even reflect the true scale of spread.

Last edited by Q. on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:28 am

Heard from my brother in NSW that all schools will close for the whole of Term 2
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:29 am

I tend to agree, the fact we've not gone 30, 54, 103, 260 cases per day suggests we've changed enough behaviours to keep the numbers somewhat under control. Here's a good resource to track the numbers : https://www.covidlive.com.au/state/sa

SA Health, I think, has also done a very good job of track and trace to keep community infections as low as possible, having said that the airport and Barossa clusters are a concern and have yet to fully incubate so we may see a spike in several days.

I saw yesterday SA was conducting around 15,000 tests per million people compared to around 2,200 in the UK and 2,400 in the US, we've also added staff to Pathology SA which means tests can be taken and results confirmed within 17 hours where some parts of the world are waiting up to 3 days for results.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:31 am

Q. wrote:Australia starting to track Sth Korea, we probably need to widen our testing criteria though.

US is just batshit insane. They can't even keep up with testing, so those enormous numbers probably don't even reflect the true scale of spread.

I think India and Indonesia will go through the roof, once they actually start testing people.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby JK » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:31 am

Jim05 wrote:Heard from my brother in NSW that all schools will close for the whole of Term 2

Will be interesting to see if that's a possibility over here? I know the official line for schools still being open is to keep health workers at work rather than home, but you also wonder if there was an element of not being able to deliver the curriculum online, which should be in place by the commencement of Term 2.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:31 am

Q. wrote:

Hey Dutch, we have been given something similar. It's more applicable for my WA counterpart at the moment though, where they have restricted travel zones.

Yeah I suspect it was just something they can issue now to prepare just in case.

I have to travel to Victor for my job so I may need one if they do a lock down in that area, which has been spoken about.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion