Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:35 am

Mr Beefy wrote:I think India and Indonesia will go through the roof, once they actually start testing people.

Basically nothing out of Africa, what's going on there?

*edit*

It seems Africa has 5,999 confirmed cases, you'd think that will explode.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:38 am

JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Heard from my brother in NSW that all schools will close for the whole of Term 2

Will be interesting to see if that's a possibility over here? I know the official line for schools still being open is to keep health workers at work rather than home, but you also wonder if there was an element of not being able to deliver the curriculum online, which should be in place by the commencement of Term 2.

Our school has said that if kids can't be looked after they can still go to the school in Term 2 and complete learning online in a supervised environment, but the teachers wont be present, they will be working from home.

My youngest stayed home today, only had 5 kids in his footy program class yesterday out of the usual 28, he loved it though as the teacher is Nick Liddle. My oldest, in year 11, is still happy to go along though, gives him a chance to catch up with mates face to face as he knows there is going to be a long period without that.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby DOC » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:40 am

Booney wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:I think India and Indonesia will go through the roof, once they actually start testing people.

*edit*

Same as South/Central America.

If you are not testing you are not confirming.

I for one think the Chinese numbers are perhaps a little understated.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:45 am

DOC wrote:
Booney wrote:

*edit*

Same as South/Central America.

If you are not testing you are not confirming.

I for one think the Chinese numbers are perhaps a little understated.

The whole world thinks the same, even the chinese would think that if they were allowed to think.

I see Israel have been surging, even with the latest tech and healthcare - they just don't like having their civil liberties restricted for some reason.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:01 am

Due to a number of cases associated with Adelaide Airport, it is now recommended that anyone who is sick with symptoms of COVID-19 and has been at the airport, including in the terminal or car park, in the last 14 days must immediately self-isolate and seek testing.

Symptoms may include fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, runny nose, or muscle aches.

Dedicated COVID-19 clinics are open across metropolitan and regional South Australia for those people who fit into the expanded testing criteria and who have symptoms of COVID-19.

Find the list of clinics here: https://bit.ly/3aDgtTM
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:14 am

The US become the first country to record 1000 deaths in a day

Well on track to win the Corona Olympics
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jase » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:27 am

Dutchy wrote:
JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Heard from my brother in NSW that all schools will close for the whole of Term 2

Will be interesting to see if that's a possibility over here? I know the official line for schools still being open is to keep health workers at work rather than home, but you also wonder if there was an element of not being able to deliver the curriculum online, which should be in place by the commencement of Term 2.

Our school has said that if kids can't be looked after they can still go to the school in Term 2 and complete learning online in a supervised environment, but the teachers wont be present, they will be working from home.

We are going a similar thing, the staff have the option from working from home or coming into school, but all teaching will be online.

This is being trialled this week, with a number of students still being at school but they are being taught as though online, so as to not cause those that are working away from school to be given the same consistent information as those here at school.

I would suggest that a number of teachers will still come into school next term (provided this is still supported by the government) and tech support etc will be available on campus but also online.

The teachers have been brilliant in this period getting everything up to speed to make it as easy and seemless for students and parents alike, but there will be gaps unfortunately.

I feel for the Year 12's this year, my son being one of them, as there is so much not known, but they are all still working hard from what we can tell, but we don't really know what is going to happen at the end of the year for them.
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1477 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:33 am

My son had 4 people in his class yesterday.
Normally a class of 21.

Daughter had 11 in her class.
Normally 26.

The school has sent out a survey asking who will be present at school in term 2 so they can facilitate some classes.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:50 am

Any figures on Russia? Seems China looked after them
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby locky801 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:56 am

daysofourlives wrote:Any figures on Russia? Seems China looked after them

Funny about that :shock:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3694 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:56 am

17 deaths so far and a few thousand positive tests.
They went into lockdown fairly early and people who break self isolation risk 7 year prison sentences.
I’d have zero doubt their figures are fudged aswell and anyone who spreads “false” reports can face 5 years in prison.

Their deaths might be low but they have a lot of “missing persons” [emoji23]
Jim05
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:03 am

Jim05 wrote:
17 deaths so far and a few thousand positive tests.
They went into lockdown fairly early and people who break self isolation risk 7 year prison sentences.
I’d have zero doubt their figures are fudged aswell and anyone who spreads “false” reports can face 5 years in prison.

Their deaths might be low but they have a lot of “missing persons” [emoji23]

2,777 total cases
+440 new cases (yesterday)
24 deaths (7 yesterday)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:07 am

Jim05 wrote:The US become the first country to record 1000 deaths in a day

They'd claim and celebrate it too.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:08 am

The Bedge wrote:

They'd claim and celebrate it too.
USA, USA, USA!
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:09 am

The Bedge wrote:

Trump will claim and celebrate it too.

EFA
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Pag » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:15 am

amber_fluid wrote:My son had 4 people in his class yesterday.
Normally a class of 21.

Normally 26.

The school has sent out a survey asking who will be present at school in term 2 so they can facilitate some classes.

I'm down to 9 or 10 at school each day from a class of 30. This week is a trial run of online learning, the kids sitting in my class aren't allowed to ask questions face-to-face and have to do it as if they are at home, like the rest of the students, as a practice run for Term 2. All teaching content posted online for kids to access, however I'm self-teaching how to use the program and am looking forward to getting some proper training around this next week during Pupil Free Days.

I have five kids out of the 30 that haven't accessed any work during this time. Have no idea what they're doing at the minute.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:17 am

Pag wrote:the kids sitting in my class aren't allowed to ask questions face-to-face and have to do it as if they are at home, like the rest of the students, as a practice run for Term 2..

How does that work? Do they message/email you questions? Surely they can still ask face-to-face questions - they'd ask questions at home still?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:17 am

Pag wrote:
Normally a class of 21.

Normally 26.

I'm down to 9 or 10 at school each day from a class of 30. This week is a trial run of online learning, the kids sitting in my class aren't allowed to ask questions face-to-face and have to do it as if they are at home, like the rest of the students, as a practice run for Term 2. All teaching content posted online for kids to access, however I'm self-teaching how to use the program and am looking forward to getting some proper training around this next week during Pupil Free Days.

I have five kids out of the 30 that haven't accessed any work during this time. Have no idea what they're doing at the minute.
From a teachers perspective is there a very real chance that we could end up with a heap of kids that need to repeat a year?
Just get the feeling that plenty of kids will get left behind
Jim05
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:19 am

Jim05 wrote:
Pag wrote:
Normally a class of 21.

Normally 26.

From a teachers perspective is there a very real chance that we could end up with a heap of kids that need to repeat a year?
Just get the feeling that plenty of kids will get left behind
And who is going to cop that blame? The teachers! Unfortunately they are in a hiding to nothing in this situation and need parents to buy into assisting in their children's education.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:23 am

Pag wrote:
Normally a class of 21.

Normally 26.

I spent all day yesterday setting up the kids laptops to access the relevant websites they need for term 2.
Saving all logins etc for ease of use.

That’s poor form by the parents of those 5 kids who aren’t at school nor accessing the work from home.
Hopefully they’re preparing for next term.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion