Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby locky801 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Anyone on here still working from/at their normal employment?

I’ve been working from home for 3 weeks now.
Busy as but still bored shitless at the same time.

Yep I am. Bored as bat shit. I could work from home if I want to, but I don't trust myself. I'd be too easily led astray and would end up doing **** all.

Same, I'd get on the piss at noon and have 4 lunch breaks.

i dont see a problem with this :D
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:34 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Is the whole company still working from there?
I guess your production team has too but anyone in your office could work from home surely?

Sales are on a rotation system as is our design area, we've got signs on every room to say how many people are allowed in each room at any one time, there is some seriously strict social distancing rules in place that are being adhered to by all.

I'll be the next one told to work from home as I'm the most business critical, I'm neither here nor there on whether I want to or not, I've avoided the convo's with management as much as I can while we're all in damage control as it is.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Recorded a lecture at home today and uploaded it to the course website.

Then I get an email from some bloke wanting to know if it's OK to not turn up at the lecture but to just watch the recording.

Mate - the lecture theatre is empty and no-one is allowed on campus - unless you want to stand at my bedroom window and peer in, how are you going to physically watch the lecture?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Banks could have done this too by putting a hold on mortgage payments for 8 weeks for everyone and just extend the mortgage term by 8 weeks at the arse end

They are doing this for 6 months.

What about those with investment properties they rent out - they can get their mortgage frozen for 6 months to deal with this shit whilst still collecting the rent income.. what happens to those who are renting (not on housing trust) who then suddenly lose their job or need to stay home and cant afford rent.

The world is ****** up.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Anyone on here still working from/at their normal employment?

I’ve been working from home for 3 weeks now.
Busy as but still bored shitless at the same time.

Yep I am. Bored as bat shit. I could work from home if I want to, but I don't trust myself. I'd be too easily led astray and would end up doing **** all.

Same, I'd get on the piss at noon and have 4 lunch breaks.

I am starting earlier in the mornings, like 7.00am. Basically get up, log in, make a cuppa, take one to Mrs C in bed - she is on school holidays now. Get to about 9.30 - 10.00am, then go have a shower etc. I am actually taking a lunch break. I normally eat at my desk (when in the office) and keep going. But I am sitting outside and taking in some vitamin D. Trying to stick to a basic exercise scheme each day. I have on a few days, snuck a cheeky beer in around 4.00pm.... while starting to wrap up for the day. I generally am pulling the pin by 4.30/5.00pm, which is normal for me.

Instead of the normal chats you have in an office with colleagues, I am finding a few minutes to clean up, take rubbish out etc. Even to give the eyes a rest for a while.

3 week beard coming on a treat!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:42 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Banks could have done this too by putting a hold on mortgage payments for 8 weeks for everyone and just extend the mortgage term by 8 weeks at the arse end

What about those with investment properties they rent out - they can get their mortgage frozen for 6 months to deal with this shit whilst still collecting the rent income.. what happens to those who are renting (not on housing trust) who then suddenly lose their job or need to stay home and cant afford rent.

The world is ****** up.

If you’re collecting rent and not paying any interest on your loan you’ll get slugged with a tax bill at tax time for being positively geared.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:42 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Anyone on here still working from/at their normal employment?.

I ventured into head office today for the first time since being told to work from home.. it was like driving into the city on a Sunday morning, and walking to the shops to grab some stuff for the kids so eerily quiet.

In the head office still had temp checking at the front door etc, but was dead quiet inside except the critical staff that need to be there - prob less than 100 people in the building.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:43 pm

amber_fluid wrote:If you’re collecting rent and not paying any interest on your loan you’ll get slugged with a tax bill at tax time for being positively geared.

Ah fair enough, thanks didn't know how it worked.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:

They should be doing compulsory 8 weeks automatically for every household mortgage holder no questions asked. If people wish to put that money back into their mortgage, that's their prerogative, but stop the payments and let the mortgage holders do as they decide. Imagine the money going back into the economy. What does the 6 month qualification process entail?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Ha, I sit there each time Scomo gets on the presser and listen to 18 minutes of waffle while he wades through his spiel like he's talking to a bunch of Grade 2 students only to hear a slight hope of receiving something and then there will be one clause in there that goes BANG Lightning, you ain't getting squat.

My eldest daughter lost her well paying dream job, the wife's employment is anyone's guess, my 16 year old daughter is getting abused while she's re-stocking shelves after school and on weekends, we've kept my 14 year old son as isolated as Tom Hanks in Castaway, step-daughter got laid off at the start of this pandemic, still waiting to hear back from Centrelink and then broke up with her partner, probably because she wasn't bringing any income into their house.

I'm failing to see the humour that others have found and posted on FB, I guess this is what the missus was worried about for a while when I kept telling her to just take each situation as it comes.

This is disgusting. I've been making a point of having a nice convo with all the checkout kids and shelf-stackers and telling them they're doing a bloody good job.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

The world is ****** up.

Thats where goodwill of your landlord comes in, all the banks can do is support those with debt by providing 6 months relief.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:52 pm

Q. wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Ha, I sit there each time Scomo gets on the presser and listen to 18 minutes of waffle while he wades through his spiel like he's talking to a bunch of Grade 2 students only to hear a slight hope of receiving something and then there will be one clause in there that goes BANG Lightning, you ain't getting squat.

My eldest daughter lost her well paying dream job, the wife's employment is anyone's guess, my 16 year old daughter is getting abused while she's re-stocking shelves after school and on weekends, we've kept my 14 year old son as isolated as Tom Hanks in Castaway, step-daughter got laid off at the start of this pandemic, still waiting to hear back from Centrelink and then broke up with her partner, probably because she wasn't bringing any income into their house.

I'm failing to see the humour that others have found and posted on FB, I guess this is what the missus was worried about for a while when I kept telling her to just take each situation as it comes.

This is disgusting. I've been making a point of having a nice convo with all the checkout kids and shelf-stackers and telling them they're doing a bloody good job.

My lad has to wear one of these -
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:52 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

They should be doing compulsory 8 weeks automatically for every household mortgage holder no questions asked. If people wish to put that money back into their mortgage, that's their prerogative, but stop the payments and let the mortgage holders do as they decide. Imagine the money going back into the economy. What does the 6 month qualification process entail?

If you want 6 months relief you get it
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

If you want 6 months relief you get it

what if you're still working?
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:56 pm

Q. wrote:

Same, I always be extra nice now, it makes my blood boil and I feel like hanging around there while she's at work but I know I have to let her grow her own hide and I'd only get arrsted.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:57 pm

The number of confirmed covid19 cases linked to the Ruby Princess in NSW climbs to 337. That’s an increase of 126. Also linked to 6 deaths
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:59 pm

Bum Crack wrote:what if you're still working?

I think you'd have to demonstrate "financial hardship" by providing income assessments.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:01 pm

Booney wrote:

I think you'd have to demonstrate "financial hardship" by providing income assessments.

Exactly. That's why they should give EVERYONE 8 weeks off whether you are working or not and it's your choice whether you put it back into your mortgage during that time. The money that would get injected back into the economy would be massive. Better than any stimulus package.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:02 pm

We're still at work. From next week there's a 3 week shutdown (was already a 2 week scheduled shutdown irrelevant to COVID-19) and we need to take 50% annual leave and can work the other 50% from home. What happens after we "get back" on 27th April is anyones guess...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Trader » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:06 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

Exactly. That's why they should give EVERYONE 8 weeks off whether you are working or not and it's your choice whether you put it back into your mortgage during that time. The money that would get injected back into the economy would be massive. Better than any stimulus package.

How is money getting injected into the economy?
Everything is closed.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion