Port Adelaide 2020

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:26 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Has PAFC thought of auctioning off that sign (and anything else that might be of value?). Im sure they would get a nice price for it.

When the old AO members stand came down, I got one of the old Green signs "Food/Drink/Beer" for $250, now sits under my pergola at home.

The numbers/letters I think are being framed and auctioned off.

Should donate them to the local schools in the area
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:32 pm

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Has PAFC thought of auctioning off that sign (and anything else that might be of value?). Im sure they would get a nice price for it.

When the old AO members stand came down, I got one of the old Green signs "Food/Drink/Beer" for $250, now sits under my pergola at home.

Some great memorabilia to grab hold of for a port man!

As a kid who worked on the original Unley Oval scoreboard before it was removed in 1988 i wish i had the foresight to take a piece of it!

There's a spot in my man cave if the opportunity arises.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby LMA » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:52 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Would you like the U and K?
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby UK Fan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:19 am

LMA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You should claim the D and H :-)
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby LMA » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:01 pm

Post, logout, login, like :lol: :lol:
LMA
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:36 pm

LMA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You should claim the D and H :-)[/quote]

As in David Hutton who played 150 odd games in the 80’s?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Spargo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:59 pm

David Hynes?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:27 pm

Danny Hughes?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby LMA » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:18 pm

Got nothing :-k

Any more?
LMA
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:44 pm

LMA wrote:Post, logout, login, like [emoji38] [emoji38]
Bahahahahaha at least he is still having a crack.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby The Bedge » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Just watched the Port doco.. thought it was brilliant.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:13 am

On strong recommendation from SA Health and the State Government it has been determined that all Port Adelaide players, coaches and staff who travelled to the Gold Coast on the weekend for Round 1 of the AFL Premiership season, are required to self-isolate for the mandatory 14 day period.

Port Adelaide fully supports this decision and reiterates the health and safety of its players, coaches, staff and the broader community is paramount. The club acknowledges every precaution must be taken against the spread of the coronavirus.

Port Adelaide encourages every one of our members and supporters to follow the instructions of the medical authorities and to continue to follow the social distancing protocols to protect them, their families and friends and the wider community. Together we will get through this.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:26 am

Booney wrote:On strong recommendation from SA Health and the State Government it has been determined that all Port Adelaide players, coaches and staff who travelled to the Gold Coast on the weekend for Round 1 of the AFL Premiership season, are required to self-isolate for the mandatory 14 day period.

Port Adelaide fully supports this decision and reiterates the health and safety of its players, coaches, staff and the broader community is paramount. The club acknowledges every precaution must be taken against the spread of the coronavirus.

Port Adelaide encourages every one of our members and supporters to follow the instructions of the medical authorities and to continue to follow the social distancing protocols to protect them, their families and friends and the wider community. Together we will get through this.
When did Port arrive home and did they go straight into isolation or only informed today?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Gilligan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:On strong recommendation from SA Health and the State Government it has been determined that all Port Adelaide players, coaches and staff who travelled to the Gold Coast on the weekend for Round 1 of the AFL Premiership season, are required to self-isolate for the mandatory 14 day period.

When did Port arrive home and did they go straight into isolation or only informed today?

Find it interesting how all Port Power players and staff who have come back into SA from Gold Coast have to self isolate as directed by the government but any Jo blow from any country can travel here from anywhere in the country and is not required to self isolate unless they arrive after Tuesday . Find it amazing group of professionals who have been being monitored and checked for last few weeks must isolate but a back packer or general traveller is free to do what ever they wish
Sometimes the old guys do know whats best
Gilligan
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:12 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Find it interesting how all Port Power players and staff who have come back into SA from Gold Coast have to self isolate as directed by the government but any Jo blow from any country can travel here from anywhere in the country and is not required to self isolate unless they arrive after Tuesday . Find it amazing group of professionals who have been being monitored and checked for last few weeks must isolate but a back packer or general traveller is free to do what ever they wish

Incorrect, the 14 day self isolation period commenced immediately upon the announcement.

The border measures will be in place from 4pm tomorrow. My daughter is on a bus from Albury, due in at 5pm, she's been there for a week, I spent 2 hours on the SA Health COVID line and she most certainly has to isolate.

Things are moving that quickly they needed 48 hours to get border measures in place. From 4pm today people flying in will be signing isolation documents at the airport. From 4pm tomorrow non essential travellers will be turned away.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Gilligan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Booney wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Incorrect, the 14 day self isolation period commenced immediately upon the announcement.

The border measures will be in place from 4pm tomorrow. My daughter is on a bus from Albury, due in at 5pm, she's been there for a week, I spent 2 hours on the SA Health COVID line and she most certainly has to isolate.

Things are moving that quickly they needed 48 hours to get border measures in place. From 4pm today people flying in will be signing isolation documents at the airport. From 4pm tomorrow non essential travellers will be turned away.

All very good for those people who do self isolate , just unfortunately most aren't , talked to guy in local takeaway shop Sat night who said he had flown in from Spain thursday , didn't see why he shouldn't be able to go out for food or do shopping as he wasn't feeling unwell, besides he said who was going to be checking up he was at home 24 hours a day 7 days a week , no one so he could do what he liked.
Sometimes the old guys do know whats best
Gilligan
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:16 pm

Port Adelaide’s assistant coaches have been “stood down’’ until May 3 and football general manager Chris Davies admits several have been left feeling “vulnerable’’ about their long-term futures.

With all coaches and players who travelled to Gold Coast for the round one win at Metricon Stadium in self-isolation until Sunday, Davies said the likelihood of severe AFL cost-cutting measures next year because of the coronavirus fallout had left the football department on edge.

Senior coach Ken Hinkley is the only Power coach officially working through the pandemic until May 3, with an AFL review at the end of April likely to decide when assistant and development coaches can return to action.

Some of them might not return at all.

“We’ve stood down all of our coaches for this period,’’ Davies said.

“And without the opportunity to have visibility on what next year is going to look like from a soft cap perspective, we’ve got some people who are out of contract who I’m sure are feeling unfortunately vulnerable at the moment

“But the reality is until we get some clarity from the AFL as to what way they want to go in the future, we’re just in a holding pattern.

“Right now those guys, I know they are workaholics anyway, are staying in contact with all of their players and with each other as a coaching group, which is great, because we had a pretty good pre-season, we had a good first game, so we felt like we’d made some strides.

“Our challenge right now is to keep our players in as good a fitness level as we possibly can and our coaches connected with each other, and also the group as well as we can, so that when the season starts up again – and we are confident that the AFL wants to play again this year – that when we get back we are in the best shape we possibly can be.’’

Port, like all AFL clubs, was last week forced to stand down 80 per cent of its staff as the season was suspended due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

The shutdown period will last until at least May 31.

The league has told clubs to slash their “soft cap’’ expenditure from $9.7 million to $8.7 million for this season, and then down to just $6.7 million for 2021.

The Power’s coaching staff includes Hinkley, senior assistant Michael Voss, midfield coach Jarrad Schofield, defence coach Brett Montgomery, forwards coach Nathan Bassett, part-time rucks coach Dean Brogan, SANFL senior coach Matthew Lokan and development coaches

Chad Cornes, Scott Thompson, Trent Hentschel, Geoff Morris and Tyson Goldsack.

“The challenge with all of this is to look at what 2021 looks like in the AFL because by the sounds of things from AFL House, we’re going to be working with a smaller budget,” Davies told Sportsday SA.

“So, whatever we do in the short term we must keep in mind that 2021 is going to look different as well.

“It’s just a really tough time for everybody at the moment and there’s a whole heap of people in footy who are feeling vulnerable.

“Until the AFL gives us some guidance in regards to the specifics of what next year is going to look like it’s really hard for us to make some decisions right now, other than knowing that clearly we are going to have to make some changes at the end of this year.’’
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:27 pm

Stood down with or without pay?
It doesn’t say.

It says Hinkley is still working.
Umm what’s he actually doing?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:35 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Stood down with or without pay?
It doesn’t say.

It says Hinkley is still working.
Umm what’s he actually doing?

Like everyone else you'd think it would be without pay.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby LMA » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:06 am

The Bedge wrote:Just watched the Port doco.. thought it was brilliant.

Finally got around to watching it tonight, totally agree. Goosebumps aplenty.
LMA
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL