Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:45 am

Pag wrote:
Dutchy wrote:No where did I say teachers aren't doing a great job, but it is undeniable they pushed the government to the point where they agreed to close this week.

Despite low attendence rates prior to this week you didn't see kids everywhere as the parents who kept them home made sure they did exactly that.

This week is considered by the kids as an additional week of holidays so are out and about everywhere.

How is what kids do in their school holidays the responsibility of teachers?

I'll repeat, parents gotta parent.

Any kids out and about is a true reflection of the parents not the teachers.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:50 am

Pag wrote:
Dutchy wrote:No where did I say teachers aren't doing a great job, but it is undeniable they pushed the government to the point where they agreed to close this week.

Despite low attendence rates prior to this week you didn't see kids everywhere as the parents who kept them home made sure they did exactly that.

This week is considered by the kids as an additional week of holidays so are out and about everywhere.

How is what kids do in their school holidays the responsibility of teachers? I doubt your boss is coming to your house during your annual leave instructing you to stay home, while having zero authority over you during that time.

I'll repeat, parents gotta parent.

Agree, but we all know this is not going to happen 100% of the time in reality. This week kids were supposed to still be at school.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Pag » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Unfortunately there will be a lot more of this as well.

I think the government are doing a great job currently with government assistance and I hope they continue to do so.

If we have to pay for this for the next 10-15 years then so be it.

I seen a few doley's I know flashing their $750 on FB yesterday or showing how much piss they bought, I refrained from comment.

I don’t get the payment to long term doley’s.
That’s another story though.

But any payments or funds to keep people employed or business afloat, I’m happy to wear the cost for years to come.

That's my only gripe, they aren't being disadvantaged.

I'm actually using this time to be smarter with my money and not take things for granted, I haven't been disadvantaged, I haven't stockpiled, I did buy an extra slab on two different visits to put away just incase the bottle shops close for any length of time but as a whole I'm trying to distinguish how much money I actually used to waste each month.

I like a beer, I like a punt and I love going to the pub, it's going to be interesting to see the difference now as whenever I had a win I'd take the missus out for dinner, go to the shop the next day to buy her a dress or some perfume, some shit for the house and a couple of things for myself, I can't do any of them anymore.

I definitely noticed the difference when I put across our leftover money into savings the night before payday last week. Way higher than usual without being able to go the pub/footy club twice during the week. Few more of them and we'll end up investing some $$$ into the economy with a laundry reno.
Last edited by Pag on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Spangas » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote: I'm actually using this time to be smarter with my money and not take things for granted, I haven't been disadvantaged, I haven't stockpiled, I did buy an extra slab on two different visits to put away just incase the bottle shops close for any length of time but as a whole I'm trying to distinguish how much money I actually used to waste each month.

I like a beer, I like a punt and I love going to the pub, it's going to be interesting to see the difference now as whenever I had a win I'd take the missus out for dinner, go to the shop the next day to buy her a dress or some perfume, some shit for the house and a couple of things for myself, I can't do any of them anymore.

That's the difference though, mate. I'm a saver and not a spender. Countries (economies) need people like doley's because they spend, spend, spend...
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:53 am

amber_fluid wrote:

Parent(s) are essential workers leaving home at 6am and getting home at 7pm, teenagers at home by themselves and get invited by mates down to the local shops/park (which is still legal to do) what do you think the teenagers are going to do?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:56 am

Dutchy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Parent(s) are essential workers leaving home at 6am and getting home at 7pm, teenagers at home by themselves and get invited by mates down to the local shops/park (which is still legal to do) what do you think the teenagers are going to do?

Hopefully stay at home.
Educate your kids enough to make good decisions.

Some kids will always ignore rules but hopefully the majority don’t.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:58 am

Spangas wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote: I'm actually using this time to be smarter with my money and not take things for granted, I haven't been disadvantaged, I haven't stockpiled, I did buy an extra slab on two different visits to put away just incase the bottle shops close for any length of time but as a whole I'm trying to distinguish how much money I actually used to waste each month.

That's the difference though, mate. I'm a saver and not a spender. Countries (economies) need people like doley's because they spend, spend, spend...

I'm not, I'm shithouse, the wife probably brings out the worst in me but that's no excuse.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Q. wrote:Some cool economic data coming through, showing impact of lockdown on business categories and impact of stimulus package:

https://www.alphabeta.com/illiontracking

Check out the 'consumer spending by category' changes :shock:

Online gambling increases by 67% and 99% of sports apart from some racing have stopped. That’s insane :shock:
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Pag » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:07 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Q. wrote:Some cool economic data coming through, showing impact of lockdown on business categories and impact of stimulus package:

Online gambling increases by 67% and 99% of sports apart from some racing have stopped. That’s insane :shock:

ScoMo wearing a silver/grey tie paid $4 the other day.

I've found I've been on the punt the last three Saturday afternoons when I would normally be running around on a footy oval. Clearly I'm not the only one in this boat.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:07 pm

The US now has 434,000 confirmed cases. New York on it's own now has more cases than Italy or Spain or England.

With nearly 15,000 deaths and nearly 2,000 deaths over night the USA will pass the death toll in Italy some time today.

There's talk of temporary mass graves being dug in Central Park by the end of the weekend, 10 to a trench bodies will remain there until such a time as they can be processed.

I feel sick thinking about this.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:28 pm

Booney wrote:The US now has 434,000 confirmed cases. New York on it's own now has more cases than Italy or Spain or England.

With nearly 15,000 deaths and nearly 2,000 deaths over night the USA will pass the death toll in Italy some time today.

There's talk of temporary mass graves being dug in Central Park by the end of the weekend, 10 to a trench bodies will remain there until such a time as they can be processed.

Good thing this its just a sniffle, and we can't understand why everyone is getting so nancy about it......
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3482 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby valleys07 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:31 pm

Booney wrote:The US now has 434,000 confirmed cases. New York on it's own now has more cases than Italy or Spain or England.

No words :(
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:32 pm

Pag wrote:I definitely noticed the difference when I put across our leftover money into savings the night before payday last week. Way higher than usual without being able to go the pub/footy club twice during the week. Few more of them and we'll end up investing some $$$ into the economy with a laundry reno.

I get paid monthly so it will take a month to kick in, the pay cycle just gone was a 5 weekend month, I had a week and a half off and shopping was crap as they never had what I needed so I had to go more and buy stuff I generally wouldn't do.

The no pub thing will be the real eye opener, I'm looking at $50 to $200 a visit if I don't back a winner, often a t-bone each is involved if there at dinner time.

Just on that, when the pubs were open, the Reepham does $12 t-bones during the week, they are superb, and extra $5 if you want surf and turf.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:34 pm

Pag wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:

ScoMo wearing a silver/grey tie paid $4 the other day.

I've found I've been on the punt the last three Saturday afternoons when I would normally be running around on a footy oval. Clearly I'm not the only one in this boat.

I thought ubet exotics would pay stuff all, I haven't noticed any real differences.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:35 pm

It really is unfathomable.

Someone in New York died of CV19 every two minutes on the 8th of April.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:That's my only gripe, they aren't being disadvantaged.

I'm actually using this time to be smarter with my money and not take things for granted, I haven't been disadvantaged, I haven't stockpiled, I did buy an extra slab on two different visits to put away just incase the bottle shops close for any length of time but as a whole I'm trying to distinguish how much money I actually used to waste each month.

This 100%

I've found I've been far more stringent with my finances, and get ahead more on utilities etc.. feel like i'm under enormous stress to make sure that
a) I can keep functioning, keep my job and maintain for my family
b) if I lose my income that i'm not in a position of despair and up shit creek
c) prepared for the no doubt monster electricity bill that'll come from everyone being home full time.

So many long term dole bludgers though think Christmas has come early - can buy their booze or their yarndi or some video game and waste the days away doing sweet FA.. and in a few weeks time they'll still be in the same position, not disadvantaged in any capacity - if fact still getting paid more than usual.. still handing out financial advise, laughing at the rest of us, posting rubbish crap on social media, claiming everyone is over reacting blah blah ******* blah.

Anyone whose been on "job seeker" for 9 months + or are students on ABStudy/AUStudy DO NOT DESERVE AN INCREASE IN INCOME!

**** em all.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:The Reepham does $12 t-bones during the week, they are superb, and extra $5 if you want surf and turf.

Let's have a date when it reopens <3
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:

This 100%

I've found I've been far more stringent with my finances, and get ahead more on utilities etc.. feel like i'm under enormous stress to make sure that
c) prepared for the no doubt monster electricity bill that'll come from everyone being home full time.

So many long term dole bludgers though think Christmas has come early - can buy their booze or their yarndi or some video game and waste the days away doing sweet FA.. and in a few weeks time they'll still be in the same position, not disadvantaged in any capacity - if fact still getting paid more than usual.. still handing out financial advise, laughing at the rest of us, posting rubbish crap on social media, claiming everyone is over reacting blah blah ******* blah.

Anyone whose been on "job seeker" for 9 months + or are students on ABStudy/AUStudy DO NOT DESERVE AN INCREASE IN INCOME!

**** em all.

I'm hoping the younger generation learn from this as well as ourselves, I remember watching Paul Clitheroe many years ago saying "as an adult, you always need $2000 at your disposal incase of an emergency" I've always adhered to that and I try to teach my kids the value of saving, both my daughters own their cars outright, my youngest daughter paid $4K cash for hers at 16 years old, all her own money.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The Reepham does $12 t-bones during the week, they are superb, and extra $5 if you want surf and turf.

Let's have a date when it reopens <3

Lock her in Eddie, just around the corner for you.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:42 pm

The Bedge wrote:

This 100%

**** em all.

Despite all that they did do what the government asked of them.
They spent all the money they received.

I don’t agree with it either BTW
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion