Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby LMA » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:51 pm

JK wrote:
LMA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I have heard of nurses being laid off and on reduced hours because there are no patients.

Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed. Speaking of the Lyell Mc only, all casual nurses have been told there is no work and permanents have been encouraged to take A/L. Currently 3 wards closed there.

Nobody is going to hospital unless its an emergency or they think they have Corona. Once this is over all the hypochondriacs out there can resume there social outings and get back to overcrowding our health system.

Been to the docs a coupla times last few weeks and was surprised by how dead it was. Chatting with the doc I mentioned “goes to show many patients you get that don’t really need to be here”. She agreed completely.

Be great if that’s one of the things that changes as a result of the Chinese virus.

Said the same thing to my missus who works at Lyell Mc.

Also If Employers didn't demand that employees get a sick certificate most doctors would see a reasonable drop in patients.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:33 pm

tigerpie wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
LMA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I have heard of nurses being laid off and on reduced hours because there are no patients.

Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed. Speaking of the Lyell Mc only, all casual nurses have been told there is no work and permanents have been encouraged to take A/L. Currently 3 wards closed there.

Nobody is going to hospital unless its an emergency or they think they have Corona. Once this is over all the hypochondriacs out there can resume there social outings and get back to overcrowding our health system.

How is this helping anyone?
I cant help but think that this is only worse than other outbreaks over the years because of the effects of social media. We are being played by the Chinese government who has the WHO in their pocket.

Geez i hope thats sarcasm?
Dude you need to do some reading if that's not the case.
But I'm sure the families of the 95000 that have died might have a different view.

People die, its a fact of life. 95000 is bugger all in a world population of 7.8 billion. That is 0.0012%. Most of them have lived a lifetime already.
You are obviously one who has been seduced by the social media commentary.
It is not worth killing our entire economy for generations to come but worse than that we are handing control of the world to communist China, **** me look at the communist rules we are currently experiencing in Australia. The police dont need any further encouragement.
Continue with social distancing but lets get back to work. By the way i am still working so there is no bias from that regard.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby JK » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:54 pm

LMA wrote:
Also If Employers didn't demand that employees get a sick certificate most doctors would see a reasonable drop in patients.

My missus said the same thing. She’s not in the health industry, but she’s never wrong ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:19 pm

Celebrity chef Pete Evans is spruiking a $15,000 light machine to recharge the body and he claims it can treat “Wuhan coronavirus” with light ‘recipes’.

The BioCharger NG Subtle Energy Platform, retailing on Pete Even’s website for $14,990 claims to be a “subtle energy revitalisation platform. Four transmitted energies stimulate and invigorate the entire body to optimise and improve potential health, wellness, and athletic performance”.

The Channel Seven My Kitchen Rules star said in a live post the BioCharger “is a pretty amazing tool that will take you down some a rabbit holes and it will take me an hour or two to explain it”.

He went on to say there were “a thousand different recipes and a couple on there for Wuhan coronavirus”.

Dietitian, and member of Friends in Medicine and Science Mandy-Lee Noble said it appeared the BioCharger was like a plasma lamp.

“It is a glorified plasma lamp that make your hairs stand on end, and the recipes are different colours, it’s a recipe from the lamp, putting on a different colour show,” she said.

“It says on the clip online, ‘just like you charge your phone, this charges you’.

“It is probably no threat to people but if people think this in any way will treat or prevent COVID-19 infection, that risks our community response to the pandemic, that is dangerous, it’s an indirect harm.”

Mr Evans has increasingly pushed an alternative health agenda, including sharing anti-vaccine propaganda on to his 1.5 million followers.

Last year amid the Samoan measles epidemic, he posted a picture of himself on social media with anti-vaccine proponent Robert F Kennedy Jr and cited ‘the important work he is doing’ complete with a love heart emoji.

Robert F Kennedy Jr is the founder of Children’s Health Defence which funds a large chunk of anti-vax advertisements and misinformation on Facebook. Critics have also roasted Mr Evans for giving out health advice without any formal training.

The machine, which looks like a colourful food processor claims ‘Energies used in the BioCharger are Light, Frequencies & Harmonics, Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields (PEMFs), and Voltage. These are all natural energies found in nature.”

“Just sit comfortably in front of the Biocharger and select a frequency recipe from the menu,” the online video says on Evan’s website.

“It just goes to show our Health Care Complaints Commission and Therapeutic Goods Administration and health minister Brad Hazzard how much of a risk Pete Evans is to the community and they need to take action to shut Evans down and Channel Seven needs to stop giving him a platform,” Ms Noble said.

Professor of medicine and public health advocate John Dwyer said “this man has for a long time been dangerous and ignorant and in this case anyone making false claims about coronavirus it is not just nonsense but dangerous nonsense.”

“If he is selling a therapeutic machine, he is required to submit details to the TGA and seek registration on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods before he can market it or make claims for it, it is along with many other similar machine that make wild claims, is a dangerous piece of nonsense. I am sure he has been nowhere near the TGA,” Prof Dwyer said.

A search of the ARTG brings up no listing for the BioCharger.

The Therapeutic Goods Administration announced it would investigate the BioCharger.

A spokesman for the Federal Department of Health said “the TGA will investigate the product you have referred and take action in relation to any illegal advertising of therapeutic products, including advertising on social media.

“The TGA is monitoring noncompliance, particularly in relation to the advertising of products that claim to prevent or cure COVID-19,” the spokesman told The Daily Telegraph.

“The TGA has issued a warning about advertising relating to COVID-19 which reminds consumers that, in Australia, the advertising of therapeutic goods is regulated by the TGA and must meet certain requirements in the Therapeutic Goods Act. “

Mr Evans has been contacted for comment.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:38 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
LMA wrote:

Can anyone confirm this?

How is this helping anyone?
I cant help but think that this is only worse than other outbreaks over the years because of the effects of social media. We are being played by the Chinese government who has the WHO in their pocket.

Name the last time any Western Country was burying people in mass grave sites in public parks like they are in NYC at the moment?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Brodlach » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:15 pm

Seven new cases in SA for the past 24 hours
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LMA » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:48 pm

DOC wrote:Pete Evans

Enough said, don't need to read the article. COOKED!
LMA
Coach

Postby locky801 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:08 pm

Brodlach wrote:Seven new cases in SA for the past 24 hours

thats not good
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Kahuna » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:49 pm

DOC wrote:Celebrity chef Pete Evans is spruiking a $15,000 light machine to recharge the body and he claims it can treat “Wuhan coronavirus” with light ‘recipes’.

Put them on all the mobile phone towers. ;)
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:46 pm

Give him the virus and see if his lava lamp cures it.

No one loses.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:55 pm

Weirdly despite me having no job and the missus working for home we probably see less of each other since locking down!
I'm always in the lounge and she's always in the bedroom catching up on her pommy tv shows.
I used to spend more time in the bedroom when I worked and me and the missus used to spend much more time together at the pub! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:56 pm

LMA wrote:

The same f#ckwit who recommended paleo diets including bone broth for babies.
Public menace who should be locked up. Channel 7 need to get their head out of their arses too giving him a platform.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby tigerpie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:09 pm

Spargo wrote:
LMA wrote:

Public menace who should be locked up. Channel 7 need to get their head out of their arses too giving him a platform.

They should give him his own show!
Pete's Cooked. Lots of ratings for people to see what lunatic idea he comes up with next?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby LMA » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:25 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Spargo wrote:
LMA wrote:

They should give him his own show!
Pete's Cooked. Lots of ratings for people to see what lunatic idea he comes up with next?

Hutchy could co-host it.
LMA
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:20 pm

locky801 wrote:

thats not good

Don't be too concerned. It's important to consider rolling 5 to 7 day averages - how was this week compared to last week etc.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby LMA » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:35 pm

Q. wrote:
locky801 wrote:

thats not good

Don't be too concerned. It's important to consider rolling 5 to 7 day averages - how was this week compared to last week etc.

Correct. The 36 beers I've had in the last 36 hours only equates to 5-7 per day on a rolling average, thanks for the reassurance.
LMA
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Every state bar NSW had under 14 cases today
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby JK » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:47 am

In case it’s of assistance to anyone, catch.com has toilet paper and pump soap available. It’s only a 6-pack of bog roll available, but better than none I guess.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:26 am

JK wrote:In case it’s of assistance to anyone, catch.com has toilet paper and pump soap available. It’s only a 6-pack of bog roll available, but better than none I guess.

You’ll be waiting 2 weeks for it at least.
I ordered clothes almost 2 weeks ago and still haven’t seen them.
In transit apparently.

I’ve used catch for online shopping for a couple of years now but their delivery times are getting worse.
Probably not their fault entirely as I assume freight companies and couriers are flat out.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:33 am

amber_fluid wrote:
JK wrote:In case it’s of assistance to anyone, catch.com has toilet paper and pump soap available. It’s only a 6-pack of bog roll available, but better than none I guess.

You’ll be waiting 2 weeks for it at least.
I ordered clothes almost 2 weeks ago and still haven’t seen them.
In transit apparently.

I’ve used catch for online shopping for a couple of years now but their delivery times are getting worse.
Probably not their fault entirely as I assume freight companies and couriers are flat out.
If it’s coming via the AP network you could be waiting a bit longer. Massive backlog currently
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion