Pseudo wrote:
LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Royal Adelaide show cancelled

Parents around SA rejoice :)

But I still want my Bertie Beetle showbag. :evil:

showbagshop.com.au - plenty on there.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby tigerpie » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:45 pm

News item on 7 about a hoarder trying to get a refund from drakes for toilet paper and hand sanitiser.
Had his eBay account suspended so couldn't sell it.
Had 20 people getting it for him.
Sucked in dickhead Drakes rightly said no.
Now, I would've asked to meet in person, and invited the media along, just in case it was a hoax.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:13 pm

football tragic wrote:A lot of clubs will start ramping up their training during may for a June start.
there will be a 2020 season probably consisting of 12 rounds plus finals.
Economy and life will go on and yes that will mean the virus will infect more people over time.

You’re consistent I’ll give you that! Unfortunately for all of us you’re kidding yourself too. Zero chance, especially that early.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby locky801 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:57 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
football tragic wrote:A lot of clubs will start ramping up their training during may for a June start.
Economy and life will go on and yes that will mean the virus will infect more people over time.

You’re consistent I’ll give you that! Unfortunately for all of us you’re kidding yourself too. Zero chance, especially that early.

Seeing the current situation will still be in vogue in May I doubt there would be any chance of anything football game wise happening would occur prior to July 1
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:16 am

locky801 wrote:

Seeing the current situation will still be in vogue in May I doubt there would be any chance of anything football game wise happening would occur prior to July 1

Read between the lines. If they aren’t playing footy in front of any crowds what so ever this year then there is absolutely no chance the government is going to allow players In a non controlled environment to run around, tackle ect. We’re going to be lucky if the state borders are open in 8 weeks and all of this is dependent on if we get any set backs or not. Social distancing is here until we get a vaccine and they will open things back up domestically in a modified sense prior to that.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:10 am

locky801 wrote:

Read between the lines. If they aren’t playing footy in front of any crowds what so ever this year then there is absolutely no chance the government is going to allow players In a non controlled environment to run around, tackle ect. We’re going to be lucky if the state borders are open in 8 weeks and all of this is dependent on if we get any set backs or not. Social distancing is here until we get a vaccine and they will open things back up domestically in a modified sense prior to that.

What are we talking about here? I think the AFL will start up in July but local footy, including the SANFL, may not start at all this season.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:31 am

DOC wrote:
No reason they can't sell them.

Postage would cost more than the showbag.

We call some of our reps showbags, overpriced and full of shit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:33 am

tigerpie wrote:News item on 7 about a hoarder trying to get a refund from drakes for toilet paper and hand sanitiser.
Had his eBay account suspended so couldn't sell it.
Had 20 people getting it for him.
Sucked in dickhead Drakes rightly said no.
Now, I would've asked to meet in person, and invited the media along, just in case it was a hoax.

He's tried a few places, they should expose him, good luck being stuck with 1500 packets of poo tickets you idiot, I hope no one ever buys any for him.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:35 am

LMA wrote:
What are we talking about here? I think the AFL will start up in July but local footy, including the SANFL, may not start at all this season.

I think the Victorian and NSW governments will intervene for any early start for the season, the players will NOT be allowed to travel to and fro interstate, that is the bottom line, these sportsmen will not be seen in a different light.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:40 am

The latest stoush between Trump and New York's Governor Cuomo is, like most things involving Trump, funny and sad in equal measures.

Cuomo's called bullsh!t on Trump's claims he has 'total authority' as US president, and will defy orders that result in COVID-19 further endangering the health of the NY public.

Trump's response was to draw a comparison with the movie "Mutiny On The Bounty” via Twitter, depicting himself as the Captain and Democrat governors (like Cuomo) as the mutineers:

Donald Trump wrote:Tell the Democrat Governors that “Mutiny On The Bounty” was one of my all time favorite movies. A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers need so much from the Captain. Too easy!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1250075668282576898?s=20

The funny thing is that in the movie (and the true events that inspired it) (a) the captain was a complete and utterly cruel bastard who no-one respected or needed the help of, and as a result, (b) the crew took over and cut him loose. So, if you're going to reference a movie in an argument, make sure you at least know the plot.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:49 am

Magellan wrote:The latest stoush between Trump and New York's Governor Cuomo is, like most things involving Trump, funny and sad in equal measures.

Cuomo's called bullsh!t on Trump's claims he has 'total authority' as US president, and will defy orders that result in COVID-19 further endangering the health of the NY public.

Trump's response was to draw a comparison with the movie "Mutiny On The Bounty” via Twitter, depicting himself as the Captain and Democrat governors (like Cuomo) as the mutineers:

Donald Trump wrote:Tell the Democrat Governors that “Mutiny On The Bounty” was one of my all time favorite movies. A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers need so much from the Captain. Too easy!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1250075668282576898?s=20

The funny thing is that in the movie (and the true events that inspired it) (a) the captain was a complete and utterly cruel bastard who no-one respected or needed the help of, and as a result, (b) the crew took over and cut him loose. So, if you're going to reference a movie in an argument, make sure you at least know the plot.

Unfortunately Trump has been udderless rudder from the outset, the bloke thought he could just blow the virus up, now he's in damage control, a Chinese invasion is imminent IMO.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:47 am

He literally has blood on his hands, his handling of this has been nothing short of catastrophic.

I feel sick thinking about what the US has in front of it and there's no doubt much of it is a direct result of that brain dead moron's view.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:56 am

Booney wrote:He literally has blood on his hands, his handling of this has been nothing short of catastrophic.

I feel sick thinking about what the US has in front of it and there's no doubt much of it is a direct result of that brain dead moron's view.

Chucking in a few one liners and attempted humour doesn't really cut it when you're supposed to be the most powerful man in the world, throwing out a shitload of money is the next best solution to earn the people's trust, I don't think that's going to work either.

I'm concerned about his next move.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:57 am

Booney wrote:He literally has blood on his hands, his handling of this has been nothing short of catastrophic.

I dont think they will be as up in arms compared to what it would be like if that was here in Australia.

America has always had a culture of capitalism, their entire existence is about being the strongest dog. As a country they seem fairly comfortable with the 'weak & vulnerable' suffering at the expense of the strong and tough.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:04 am

The only people with blood on heir hands is the CCP for not advising the WHO and the world until 6 weeks later after the first infection.

The WHO also has a lot to answer for for backing the CCP and giving out wrong advice.

Back to Trump he can only go by the advice from the medical experts ie Fauci and Birks and act accordingly.

Initially Fauci down played the severity and as time went on policy starting changing every day as the pandemic started taking holdas still is the case world wide.

Still no one knows for certain how this virus works.

Latest comment from a Doctor in New York who says the body and organs is being starved of oxygen and that ventilators do not help what is required is pure oxygen interesting theory.

In Australia 97% of people who get COVID19 have mild symptoms.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:10 am

Only chance for local footy is to push the season back a month to late October, which would be possible with cricket assistance.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:17 am

Apachebulldog wrote:

The only people with blood on heir hands is the CCP for not advising the WHO and the world until 6 weeks later after the first infection.

The WHO also has a lot to answer for for backing the CCP and giving out wrong advice.

Back to Trump he can only go by the advice from the medical experts ie Fauci and Birks and act accordingly.

Initially Fauci down played the severity and as time went on policy starting changing every day as the pandemic started taking holdas still is the case world wide.

Still no one knows for certain how this virus works.

Latest comment from a Doctor in New York who says the body and organs is being starved of oxygen and that ventilators do not help what is required is pure oxygen interesting theory.

In Australia 97% of people who get COVID19 have mild symptoms.

Even in Adelaide people defend Trump. :lol:

He told people to keep going to work. He told them it will go away "like a miracle". He told them that nobody in the US had it. He told them they'd be open for business Easter Sunday because "it's a very special day to him".

Now 612,000 people have it. 25,949 have died.

Doesn't help when :

He practised what he preached — then he died of coronavirus.

An evangelical pastor in America died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital”.

In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:23 am

Trump's just cut US funding of the WHO on what seems to be punitive grounds - i.e. that it had promoted China's "disinformation" about the virus that likely led to a wider outbreak of the virus than otherwise would have occurred.

I'm no expert, but cutting funding to the WHO, irrespective if you thought they've done a good job or not in the past, might also lead to a wider outbreak of the virus than otherwise would have occurred.

Also, any press conference held by Trump these days is a simply substitute for a political rally. Blaming China (who probably do bear liability for this whole thing) at this stage is simply nothing more than a convenient political sound-byte and rallying-cry for his base.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:33 am

Magellan wrote:Also, any press conference held by Trump these days is a simply substitute for a political rally.

Mr President, the American people are concerned about your response to COVID-19, how do you answer that criticism?

Did somebody say KFC?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion