Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Corona Man wrote:Not much in the way of comment from old Bum Crack in here lately...... I hope he has not succumbed to Covid-19.

Here ya go

LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:51 am

football tragic wrote:The whole reason behind Scomo pushing hard for schools to open is kids are the lowest risk to get the virus.
It is all part of getting back some normality to low risk groups
He will then assess after a few weeks the result of that before lifing the next restricitons whilst keeping an eye on the curve to manage the levels.
End of may will look a lot different with what you can and cant do.
anyone who thinks we will keep the gate locked as it is now with such low infection rate needs to dig their head out the sand.

Totally agree
We actually need more infections otherwise we will just be chasing our tail. We have been way too good at isolating.
Unless China sends over their vaccine for it.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:18 am

Booney wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Not much in the way of comment from old Bum Crack in here lately...... I hope he has not succumbed to Covid-19.

More of a chance he's succumbed to Chateaux Collapso.

Funny you mention that. Been home crook the last two days. Not feeling very well at all.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Magellan » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:21 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:I mentioned yesterday but now that the government know they can legitimately enforce such regulations it would be a fool to suggest these measurements will only be used for 'pandemics' in the future.

Yeah, nah, not everything you read on Facebook is real.

Its got nothing to do with facebook.

After Covid-19, these measurements are a legitimate action and successful way to ease the burden on the medical system. The fact is that it isnt just pandemics that overload our health system.

Tin foil hat time- The use of lockdown measures eg 'non essential travel' on Catastrophic Fire Days will be discussed at parliament level next Summer.

So you're saying that the government will want to force people to stay indoors when the next Ash Wednesday rolls around? :?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby LMA » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:27 am

Magellan wrote:
whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:I mentioned yesterday but now that the government know they can legitimately enforce such regulations it would be a fool to suggest these measurements will only be used for 'pandemics' in the future.

Yeah, nah, not everything you read on Facebook is real.

Its got nothing to do with facebook.

After Covid-19, these measurements are a legitimate action and successful way to ease the burden on the medical system. The fact is that it isnt just pandemics that overload our health system.

Tin foil hat time- The use of lockdown measures eg 'non essential travel' on Catastrophic Fire Days will be discussed at parliament level next Summer.

So you're saying that the government will want to force people to stay indoors when the next Ash Wednesday rolls around? :?

They may even force us to shut our windows.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Magellan » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:47 am

I wouldn't be too worried, whufc.

The government can legitimately (the key word here) enforce lockdowns at the moment because most people accept and agree with them in the wider public. People are self-enforcing them, in effect.

But they're not going to work if they're imposed willy-nilly unless (a) the public buy into it because it's in the public interest, or (b) the government can provides a sufficient show of force and policing power (like police states/totalitarian regimes, like China) where people are shit-scared of the consequences of not obeying. This is usually to enforce broader controls over the people - a show of force to remind them who's the boss.

We have a political system built around autonomy and liberty (not like China), so people didn't agree with it, they would simply disobey and protest the lockdowns en masse, and there wouldn't be enough public resources or community fear of reprisal to compel and punish people. It would not be legitimate in the eyes of the community. The political consequences for any government here seeking arbitrary lockdowns would be severe.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby stan » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:01 am

Magellan wrote:

I wouldn't be too worried, whufc.

The government can legitimately (the key word here) enforce lockdowns at the moment because most people accept and agree with them in the wider public. People are self-enforcing them, in effect.

But they're not going to work if they're imposed willy-nilly unless (a) the public buy into it because it's in the public interest, or (b) the government can provides a sufficient show of force and policing power (like police states/totalitarian regimes, like China) where people are shit-scared of the consequences of not obeying. This is usually to enforce broader controls over the people - a show of force to remind them who's the boss.

We have a political system built around autonomy and liberty (not like China), so people didn't agree with it, they would simply disobey and protest the lockdowns en masse, and there wouldn't be enough public resources or community fear of reprisal to compel and punish people. It would not be legitimate in the eyes of the community. The political consequences for any government here seeking arbitrary lockdowns would be severe.
This is the point, that should be made to the conspiracy theorists that state thinks the first step to Agenda 21 or be New World Order or that 5G has causes this or it's a bio weapon from China as part of World War 3 or it's from the big banks as part of the New World Order and one world government or some other stuff from TruthTV or the Facebook world. I haven't covered them all I don't think.

End of the day, if we all decided not to self isolate, then this lockdown wouldn't be a lockdown. Our governments are so under staffed it's not funny in terms of law enforcement.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:14 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

Funny you mention that. Been home crook the last two days. Not feeling very well at all.

You can go and get tested today then ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:16 am

Brodlach wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

You can go and get tested today then ;)

No Coronavirus is going to live in my body. Especially after what I consumed on the weekend.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:33 am

NSW want face to face learning in classrooms about 2 weeks into the new term
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:43 am

Bum Crack wrote:No Coronavirus is going to live in my body. Especially after what I consumed on the weekend.

Red wine on the porch mate? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:45 am

Q. wrote:If I had my way, I'd open gyms and tattoo shops as the first step in relaxing restrictions :lol:

My ink fund is growing nicely.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:46 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:No Coronavirus is going to live in my body. Especially after what I consumed on the weekend.

Red wine on the porch mate? :lol:

Yeah that was into the 4th day of my Easter bender.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:10 am

Booney wrote:
Q. wrote:If I had my way, I'd open gyms and tattoo shops as the first step in relaxing restrictions :lol:

Ha, same. I'll be heading for a full back piece at this rate :shock:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:12 am

Booney wrote:

Yeah, I need my butterfly finished off.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:19 am

Germany to begin easing virus curbs

German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Wednesday announced first steps in undoing coronavirus restrictions that have plunged the economy into a recession, with most shops allowed to open although schools must stay closed until May 4.

Shops up to 800 square metres (8,600 feet) are allowed to reopen once they have "plans to maintain hygiene", Merkel told reporters in Berlin, as Germany sees "fragile intermediate success" in slowing the spread of COVID-19.

"We have to proceed with extreme caution," she said following her afternoon meeting with the heads of Germany's 16 states.

Rules will therefore remain in force preventing more than two people from gathering in public, other than family groups who live together.

Schools will gradually be reopened with priority given to pupils about to take leaving examinations.

Meanwhile, a ban on large public events will be upheld until August 31 to prevent possible mass transmissions of the virus.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:30 am

Brodlach wrote:NSW want face to face learning in classrooms about 2 weeks into the new term

Seems like a reasonable plan, especially if they are going back to school in Europe
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Spangas » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:56 am

Wedgie wrote:Anyway, an update on my position, it turns out the 8000 people that work for pubs in the ALH group miss out on Job Keeprs payment, the only pub workers that miss out. It's because a couple of months ago they merged with BWS and Dan Murphys and because those companies are still making mega bucks the ALH pub workers miss out. If I worked for any other pub group in the nation I'd be entitled but as I work for ALH I'm not which seems a bit stupid. Maybe the government should have looked at giving the money to eligible workers not eligible employers.

If they miss out on the JobKeeper they will be entitled to the JobSeeker payment which is $1100 / fortnight. It's not enough income for some, but certainly better than nothing.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:01 am

Spangas wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Anyway, an update on my position, it turns out the 8000 people that work for pubs in the ALH group miss out on Job Keeprs payment, the only pub workers that miss out. It's because a couple of months ago they merged with BWS and Dan Murphys and because those companies are still making mega bucks the ALH pub workers miss out. If I worked for any other pub group in the nation I'd be entitled but as I work for ALH I'm not which seems a bit stupid. Maybe the government should have looked at giving the money to eligible workers not eligible employers.

If they miss out on the JobKeeper they will be entitled to the JobSeeker payment which is $1100 / fortnight. It's not enough income for some, but certainly better than nothing.

My eldest daughter was in the hospitality industry and lost her job but centrelink have rejected her application, they are apparently going to email her as to why, it's absolute crap as I see long term doleys cashing in and posting their bonus's on social media.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:03 am

Declined for JKeeper or JSeeker?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion