Netflix

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Netflix

Postby David Brent » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:41 am

Dutchy wrote:Just finished Sunderland til i die, took a few eps to get into it but then really enjoyed it, love seeing how organisations like they work behind the scenes and also the passion for their town/team.

x2 It's a great show.

The English do their passion for sport so much better than us. I love they way they still love their club despite having dropped two divisions of top flight footy.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:37 pm

i know this is not on Netflix, but I watched Blue Murder again on Prime yesterday. It's an old aussie mini-series about Roger Rogerson and Neddy Smith and all the other dodgey bastards back in the day. It's getting on a bit now but I enjoy it every time I see it. I really enjoy the shows on the crims back in the days NSW Police were just as bad.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby LMA » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:30 pm

Bum Crack wrote:i know this is not on Netflix, but I watched Blue Murder again on Prime yesterday. It's an old aussie mini-series about Roger Rogerson and Neddy Smith and all the other dodgey bastards back in the day. It's getting on a bit now but I enjoy it every time I see it. I really enjoy the shows on the crims back in the days NSW Police were just as bad.

Yeah rate this, have it on DVD.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:15 pm

So... how long before Netflix produced shows don't have 'intro's', 'recaps' or 'credits' given that their own app allows us to skip them?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:25 am

Watching 'Voyeur'. Absolute junk. Haphazard doco that seems to serve no purpose. Give it a miss if you can.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Magellan » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:54 pm

LMA wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:i know this is not on Netflix, but I watched Blue Murder again on Prime yesterday. It's an old aussie mini-series about Roger Rogerson and Neddy Smith and all the other dodgey bastards back in the day. It's getting on a bit now but I enjoy it every time I see it. I really enjoy the shows on the crims back in the days NSW Police were just as bad.

Me too, one of the great Australian mini-series.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby LMA » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Magellan wrote:
LMA wrote:

It's also on SBS on Demand if anyone's interested.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Magellan » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:09 pm

LMA wrote:
Magellan wrote:
LMA wrote:

It's also on SBS on Demand if anyone's interested.

A highly under-rated streaming service. Plenty of quality, and costs you stuff all.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:54 pm

JK wrote:Started Sense8 coupla nights ago. Off to a great start, hopefully maintains the rage

Didja finish it? I'm watching episode 2 as I type this.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby JK » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:24 pm

Pseudo wrote:
JK wrote:Started Sense8 coupla nights ago. Off to a great start, hopefully maintains the rage

Didja finish it? I'm watching episode 2 as I type this.

Naa mate .. Ran out of steam early in the 2nd season once we knew they'd cancelled the series. Shame, could have been an excellent series I reckon
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Magellan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:30 am

Anyone had a look at the Michael Jordan/Chicago Bulls doco that just started to come out?
Magellan
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:53 am

Magellan wrote:Anyone had a look at the Michael Jordan/Chicago Bulls doco that just started to come out?

Yep. Loving it and I'm not a huge basketball fan.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:10 am

Magellan wrote:Anyone had a look at the Michael Jordan/Chicago Bulls doco that just started to come out?

Whilst I don't follow basketball as I once did I watched a lot of the Bulls through the early / mid 90's in my formative years and I can't wait to watch this.

I'm going to watch the two episodes on offer this weekend, I've been reluctant to watch them after work/dinner as I know I'll either vague out or doze off as I normally do in front of the TV after 8pm.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:45 am

Watched the firat two episodes of The English Game and enjoyed it so far.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magellan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:49 am

Yeah, I'm really keen to watch it too, and I can't stand basketball. I'm also of a similar vintage to Booney, and can't not think of the 90s without Michael Jordan (I did have a pair of his shoes, though), so there's a slight nostalgia factor there as well. The doco seems to be more about the dynamics and tensions of the team environment, which appears to be what gives it such broad appeal.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:51 am

Wedgie wrote:Watched the firat two episodes of The English Game and enjoyed it so far.

Downton Abbey with a round ball! ;)

Agree, it's worth a squiz.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:55 am

Magellan wrote:Yeah, I'm really keen to watch it too, and I can't stand basketball. I'm also of a similar vintage to Booney, and can't not think of the 90s without Michael Jordan (I did have a pair of his shoes, though), so there's a slight nostalgia factor there as well. The doco seems to be more about the dynamics and tensions of the team environment, which appears to be what gives it such broad appeal.

I had 4's, 5's, 6's and 7's, a Bulls bomber jacket, a Pippen singlet and a full Flight tracksuit. Should have kept the clothes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:06 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:Yeah, I'm really keen to watch it too, and I can't stand basketball. I'm also of a similar vintage to Booney, and can't not think of the 90s without Michael Jordan (I did have a pair of his shoes, though), so there's a slight nostalgia factor there as well. The doco seems to be more about the dynamics and tensions of the team environment, which appears to be what gives it such broad appeal.

I had 4's, 5's, 6's and 7's, a Bulls bomber jacket, a Pippen singlet and a full Flight tracksuit. Should have kept the clothes.

Yeah, reckon you were much more of a fan that me! I bought my Jordan's (6s, IIRC) off a mate.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:38 pm

Magellan wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Watched the firat two episodes of The English Game and enjoyed it so far.

Downton Abbey with a round ball! ;)

Agree, it's worth a squiz.

Almost through the third episode now and yeah it has turned into more of a soap opera than being about the game like I was hoping, cant see myself getting through too many more if it continues down this path.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Spangas » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:47 pm

There is an ESPN documentary (The Amazing Adventures of Wally and the Worm) of a bloke the Bulls hired to follow Rodman around in between games. 'The Worm' was/is one weird dude. Could play though!!
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment