Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:07 am

Brodlach wrote:Declined for JKeeper or JSeeker?

I'm not entirely sure, she went in there the day she got laid off, her work initially kept her on as a .2 (one day per week), that was only because she was the event manager at her workplace and they had weddings booked for pretty much every Saturday night for the rest of the year so they needed someone to keep the customers in the loop with the legislation etc.

I'm pretty sure the .2 has now ceased.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:08 am

Spangas wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Anyway, an update on my position, it turns out the 8000 people that work for pubs in the ALH group miss out on Job Keeprs payment, the only pub workers that miss out. It's because a couple of months ago they merged with BWS and Dan Murphys and because those companies are still making mega bucks the ALH pub workers miss out. If I worked for any other pub group in the nation I'd be entitled but as I work for ALH I'm not which seems a bit stupid. Maybe the government should have looked at giving the money to eligible workers not eligible employers.

If they miss out on the JobKeeper they will be entitled to the JobSeeker payment which is $1100 / fortnight. It's not enough income for some, but certainly better than nothing.

No they won't mate, some will, most won't.
For eg I'm not and at least 6 others I can think of at my pub aren't.
That's the issue, if we worked for any other pub group or an independent pub we would be eligible, its ridiculous that it comes down to the Employer's situation not the Employee's situation. Onya ScoMo. Wanker.
To show how ridiculous it is, if I'd stayed employed at Adelaide Oval or the Ent Centre (which I gave up to make it easier for my pub) I'd be getting it. My son's getting it and hasn't had work at AO since December! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:10 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I'm not entirely sure, she went in there the day she got laid off, her work initially kept her on as a .2 (one day per week), that was only because she was the event manager at her workplace and they had weddings booked for pretty much every Saturday night for the rest of the year so they needed someone to keep the customers in the loop with the legislation etc.

If its JobKeeper the employer applies for it through the ATO, she will be paid by her employer after they get the money from the ATO in a couple of weeks time.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Spangas » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Might be worth her reaching out to her former empolyer and seeing if they'll be willing to keep her on the books for the JKeeper. Obviously, it depends if they are pricks or not.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:14 am

Wedgie wrote:If its JobKeeper the employer applies for it through the ATO, she will be paid by her employer after they get the money from the ATO in a couple of weeks time.

Doesn't she actively still have to be working to get JobKeeper?

I'm a little green on all of this and the missus is probably right, I need to listen more.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:17 am

Spangas wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Might be worth her reaching out to her former empolyer and seeing if they'll be willing to keep her on the books for the JKeeper. Obviously, it depends if they are pricks or not.

Yeah, I'll ring her this evening and get an update and pass on any info I can find out.

She's a lot more cluey than I am though, I'm sure she's all over it, she's not one to put up with bullshit either, she says speaks her mind very easily.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:If its JobKeeper the employer applies for it through the ATO, she will be paid by her employer after they get the money from the ATO in a couple of weeks time.

Doesn't she actively still have to be working to get JobKeeper?

I'm a little green on all of this and the missus is probably right, I need to listen more.

No. Most people on JobKeepers won't be working at all. Some will.
Any pub workers (that work for anyone except for ALH!) are entitled to the full $1500pf for doing nothing.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:31 am

Wedgie wrote:No. Most people on JobKeepers won't be working at all. Some will.
Any pub workers (that work for anyone except for ALH!) are entitled to the full $1500pf for doing nothing.

I just rang her instead and she was about to get in her car to go to work to fill out the necessary paperwork for JobKeeper as her workplace have been approved for it.

A far cry from what she was earning but it's pleasing to see my little girl's spirits lifted again.

Ever since her split up her loves are her work and going to the gym, now she can't do either and is living like a hermit.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:31 am

Virgin Australia asking the government for a $1.4bn loan to avoid going into administration.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:33 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:No. Most people on JobKeepers won't be working at all. Some will.

I just rang her instead and she was about to get in her car to go to work to fill out the necessary paperwork for JobKeeper as her workplace have been approved for it.

A far cry from what she was earning but it's pleasing to see my little girl's spirits lifted again.

Ever since her split up her loves are her work and going to the gym, now she can't do either and is living like a hermit.

That's good news! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:34 am

Interesting tweet

“ Funding to the WHO by the numbers:
U.S.- $500 million
China - $48 million

U.S. population: 329 million
China population: 1.39 billion

If you see these two contextual data points in any broadcast news report, feel free to share it here. Haven't seen it once in past 24 hrs.”
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:47 am

Booney wrote:Virgin Australia asking the government for a $1.4bn loan to avoid going into administration.

Chinese Conglomerate HNA Group own 20% of Virgin Australia and have refused to provide any financial assistance despite asking for the $1.4Bil handout. Any taxpayer bailout ends up in their hands and the rest of the foreign owners.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:Virgin Australia asking the government for a $1.4bn loan to avoid going into administration.

Chinese Conglomerate HNA Group own 20% of Virgin Australia and have refused to provide any financial assistance despite asking for the $1.4Bil handout. Any taxpayer bailout ends up in their hands and the rest of the foreign owners.
Virgin Australia is owned by
Singapore Airlines 20%
Etihad 20%
HNA Group 20%
Nanshan 20%
Richard Branson 10%
Public shares 10%
All the others apart from Branson have said no as they are dealing with their own debt issues.
They are a good airline and we need 2 airlines in this country as they employ 10,000 Australians and have many thousands who are indirectly employed with them. They are a vital piece of our tourism industry but unfortunately due to the last CEO being terrible they lost too much money. The new CEO is excellent and has only been in the job 12 months but had Virgin on the road to profitability before this pandemic broke out. I don’t agree with just giving them a hand out but would be happy if they were helped out some way. Going into voluntary administration might be the only way forward and that would atleast get rid of a couple of deadweight owners
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Singapore Airlines 20%
Etihad 20%
HNA Group 20%
Nanshan 20%
Richard Branson 10%
Public shares 10%
All the others apart from Branson have said no as they are dealing with their own debt issues.
They are a good airline and we need 2 airlines in this country as they employ 10,000 Australians and have many thousands who are indirectly employed with them. They are a vital piece of our tourism industry but unfortunately due to the last CEO being terrible they lost too much money. The new CEO is excellent and has only been in the job 12 months but had Virgin on the road to profitability before this pandemic broke out. I don’t agree with just giving them a hand out but would be happy if they were helped out some way. Going into voluntary administration might be the only way forward and that would atleast get rid of a couple of deadweight owners

This is actually a Singapore government sovereign wealth fund called Temasek Holdings.

The latest accounts of the Singapore Government’s Temasek Holdings show it has S$313bn (AUD$364bn) in total assets, which is 1,300 times its share of the $1.4bn sought by Virgin Australia, based on its stake in Virgin Australia. 36 percent of its assets are liquid, such as held in the form of cash or “cash equivalents”, representing A$131bn.

Our Government has the power, should they push a quick act through Parliament, to buy Virgin’s business on “just terms”. The whole lot - pilots, engineers, flight attendants, check-in staff, landing slots, terminals.

Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Trump wants the US fully open May 1st
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Brodlach wrote:Trump wants the US fully open May 1st

And I want a weekend away with 2 nymphomaniac supermodels.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:32 pm

The blokes not right in the head.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby mots02 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Might be just the incentive the Mexicans need to pay for and build that wall that he wants.

Canada might fund the same.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby am Bays » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:35 pm

Q. wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Singapore Airlines 20%
Etihad 20%
HNA Group 20%
Nanshan 20%
Richard Branson 10%
Public shares 10%

This is actually a Singapore government sovereign wealth fund called Temasek Holdings.

The latest accounts of the Singapore Government’s Temasek Holdings show it has S$313bn (AUD$364bn) in total assets, which is 1,300 times its share of the $1.4bn sought by Virgin Australia, based on its stake in Virgin Australia. 36 percent of its assets are liquid, such as held in the form of cash or “cash equivalents”, representing A$131bn.

Our Government has the power, should they push a quick act through Parliament, to buy Virgin’s business on “just terms”. The whole lot - pilots, engineers, flight attendants, check-in staff, landing slots, terminals.

1.4 Billion to Virgin or 1 Billion into the Aged Care Sector.

I think I know where I'd rather the Government funnel our money....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-16/billion-dollar-life-line-needed-for-aged-care/12152450
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

And I want a weekend away with 2 nymphomaniac supermodels.

Who have their own liquor store and tobacco plantation...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion