I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:32 pm

Tiger83 wrote:How to stream a football game on YouTube to my smart TV so I can watch it on a decent sized screen..
Chromecast

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby mickey » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:45 pm

Tiger83 wrote:How to stream a football game on YouTube to my smart TV so I can watch it on a decent sized screen..
Does your smart tv have YouTube built in?

What are you streaming from?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Tiger83 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:27 pm

mickey wrote:

From my iPhone. Smart TV does have YouTube button on the remote, but the quality is pretty ordinary. Although I suspect that may be the slower internet speed now..
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:28 pm

I wanna know which match you are watching??

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Tiger83 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:55 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I wanna know which match you are watching??

Well the 1994 State of Origin is on 7Mate at the moment, but I love watching old SANFL games from SA Football Archive
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Tiger83 wrote:
mickey wrote:

From my iPhone. Smart TV does have YouTube button on the remote, but the quality is pretty ordinary. Although I suspect that may be the slower internet speed now..

I use youtube on my Smart TV all the time and when connection is good it will show the vision as good as any HD TV channel
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:07 pm

Dutchy wrote:
I use youtube on my Smart TV all the time and when connection is good it will show the vision as good as any HD TV channel

We do too, we watch youtube more than normal TV, usually for music.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Has anyone read the barefoot investor book and implemented his strategies?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:19 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Has anyone read the barefoot investor book and implemented his strategies?

Benny Macca was a fan I seem to recall....
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Has anyone read the barefoot investor book and implemented his strategies?
Mrs did the $5 note of his years ago.
I havent read his books, enjoy his columns in Sunday Mail when I buy it.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:27 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Mrs did the $5 note of his years ago.
I havent read his books, enjoy his columns in Sunday Mail when I buy it.

My mum did the $5 thing for a bit over a year and saved nearly $10K, used it to curtain her brand new house.

Her and her partner frequent the pub quite often, she'd just pocket all of the fivers when she'd seen them.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:22 pm

My son bought his 1st car today, now feeling really old...anyway what have others done as far as insurance goes for kids?

We have just done 3rd party at the moment, car is only just under $4k, would cost over $1k pa for full comprehensive insurance, I cant see the value in doing that. We are going to get him to save the difference (about $50 pm) to self insure to a degree.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:My son bought his 1st car today, now feeling really old...anyway what have others done as far as insurance goes for kids?

We have just done 3rd party at the moment, car is only just under $4k, would cost over $1k pa for full comprehensive insurance, I cant see the value in doing that. We are going to get him to save the difference (about $50 pm) to self insure to a degree.

Same. Both their first cars 3rd party.

We matched them $ for $ to a nominal amount, so the harder they saved the better ride they got.

They both had sound cars for first cars, once they got sold they were on their own.

Both have cars around the $7k value now, both have full comp but pay it themselves. Both under 25.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:53 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:My son bought his 1st car today, now feeling really old...anyway what have others done as far as insurance goes for kids?

We matched them $ for $ to a nominal amount, so the harder they saved the better ride they got.

They both had sound cars for first cars, once they got sold they were on their own.

Both have cars around the $7k value now, both have full comp but pay it themselves. Both under 25.

That's exactly what we did.
21 year old Daughter now has my old 2010 XR6 Falcon & a GQ patrol
19 year old son has a troopy he's fitting out for traveling.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:54 pm

Troopy. Nice!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:01 pm

Booney wrote:Troopy. Nice!

Yeah, its the in thing now.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:37 pm

cracka wrote:
Booney wrote:

That's exactly what we did.
21 year old Daughter now has my old 2010 XR6 Falcon & a GQ patrol
19 year old son has a troopy he's fitting out for traveling.

Love this idea! Will definitely use in a few years when the times comes
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:16 am

My 17 year old daughter wanted to self insure, we suggested putting the car in mine or her mum's name for insurance purposes but she wouldn't have a bar of it, she's too independant.

She asked me on the weekend if she can move to Melbourne for a year once she finishes Year 12 as she's been offered a good job that she wants to fulfill as a gap year before starting uni.

I can't see her coming back for uni once she gets a taste of the money she will potentially be earning.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

My 17 year old daughter wanted to self insure, we suggested putting the car in mine or her mum's name for insurance purposes but she wouldn't have a bar of it, she's too independant.

She asked me on the weekend if she can move to Melbourne for a year once she finishes Year 12 as she's been offered a good job that she wants to fulfill as a gap year before starting uni.

I can't see her coming back for uni once she gets a taste of the money she will potentially be earning.

Yeah once she starts earning and sets up her life based around her wages its hard to afford not to work from that point.

It's a really tough balance, i am someone who personally believes in 'real life work experience' far outweighs a piece of paper experience. Im fortunate enough to have an General Manager and CEO who are strongly of that belief.

In saying that i think its hard to deny that the working world is very quickly steering towards the piece of paper becoming more relevant if you want to move through the ranks and into the real high levels of work. I've just started doing my MBA and its a real tough balance between work, family and study.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:10 am

whufc wrote:
Yeah once she starts earning and sets up her life based around her wages its hard to afford not to work from that point.

It's a really tough balance, i am someone who personally believes in 'real life work experience' far outweighs a piece of paper experience. Im fortunate enough to have an General Manager and CEO who are strongly of that belief.

In saying that i think its hard to deny that the working world is very quickly steering towards the piece of paper becoming more relevant if you want to move through the ranks and into the real high levels of work. I've just started doing my MBA and its a real tough balance between work, family and study.

She is a workaholic already, and while she's studying Year 12 and doing very well.

She started off in the bakery, they've since put her in every area and she's the first one called to cover shifts because she ALWAYS says yes and will get there within 20 minutes of being asked if required.

I'm so proud of her discipline in saving, it's pretty easy to splurge your earnings when you're 17 and want everything.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion