Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

by Wedgie » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:44 pm

whufc wrote:Today was meant to be our final day in the country before a 6 week holiday of a lifetime.

Has been so tough watching the daughters so disappointed, heart absolutely breaks for them.

Have tried to make the best of the situation by putting even more value on family time (in saying that we use our time pretty well to be honest)

Who knows what the future now holds, I’m a big believer in things happen for a reason and the sliding doors theory of one bloke eats a bat my world changes. Don’t know what the plan is from here but we are all determined that our life is only improved because of this.

Yeah missus was due back from OS in 2 days time. Feel more for her brother who had to put his wedding off.
Good news is we already have enough money saved for a much bigger trip next year, might even make a side trip to the UK on top of Austria/Germany/Scandanavia to catch up with the missus rellies she missed out on seeing.
Bad news is I'll probalby go to the UK where I never really wanted to go. :?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

by whufc » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:36 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:Today was meant to be our final day in the country before a 6 week holiday of a lifetime.

Has been so tough watching the daughters so disappointed, heart absolutely breaks for them.

Have tried to make the best of the situation by putting even more value on family time (in saying that we use our time pretty well to be honest)

Who knows what the future now holds, I’m a big believer in things happen for a reason and the sliding doors theory of one bloke eats a bat my world changes. Don’t know what the plan is from here but we are all determined that our life is only improved because of this.

Yeah missus was due back from OS in 2 days time. Feel more for her brother who had to put his wedding off.
Good news is we already have enough money saved for a much bigger trip next year, might even make a side trip to the UK on top of Austria/Germany/Scandanavia to catch up with the missus rellies she missed out on seeing.

Yeah we are the same

With the money saved we could do an ‘around the world’ trip.

The the partner is trigger happy and wants to consider the potential of a house deposit instead, I’m not totally against the idea to be honest.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

by LMA » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:42 pm

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Yeah we are the same

With the money saved we could do an ‘around the world’ trip.

The the partner is trigger happy and wants to consider the potential of a house deposit instead, I’m not totally against the idea to be honest.

Your kids, when old enough to realise, will be much more appreciative having a house they can call their own than a holiday imo.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

by LMA » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:45 pm

Wedgie wrote:

You're not the only one in here that's not a Fan of UK. ;)
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

by Psyber » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:58 am

LMA wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Yeah missus was due back from OS in 2 days time. Feel more for her brother who had to put his wedding off.

You're not the only one in here that's not a Fan of UK. ;)

Depends a lot where you go.

I've been to the UK twice as part of longer trips.
Seeing it once was enough of London, and I'm not very interested in the other large cities.

I enjoyed motoring around the rural areas. I spent a fair time in rural Cornwall, and I love Betws-y-Coed. Seeing other historic places like Maldon, Oxford, Tolpuddle, and Kings Lynn, and driving to Fort William and through adjacent bits of Scotland was interesting. (Taking the lady I've since married on a cruise on Loch Lomond was also enjoyable.)

Similarly, Paris didn't attract again after I'd seen it the first time but I enjoyed driving around the Loire Valley, staying in a 15th century Chateau - as guests of the owners who are friends of my wife.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

by Jim05 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:20 am

The tragic loss of 4 Police officers in Melbourne. They had pulled a speeding motorist over and were ploughed into by a semi trailer
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

by Corona Man » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:04 am

Jim05 wrote:The tragic loss of 4 Police officers in Melbourne. They had pulled a speeding motorist over and were ploughed into by a semi trailer

One of the lads from the 50’s cricket involved here. He is a traffic cop and at this stage I’m not sure if he was at the scene or not. I do know the 4 involved were all part of his team. He is pretty cut up about it. Tragic.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3482 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

by Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:17 am

Jim05 wrote:The tragic loss of 4 Police officers in Melbourne. They had pulled a speeding motorist over and were ploughed into by a semi trailer

How's the f***stains laughing about it and mouthing off on facebook?

I hope the police take note.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

by Spargo » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:04 am

41 year old who did a runner had a criminal history & known to police.
He’d tested positive to a drug test after being clocked doing 140+ in a 90 zone.
Took pics of the crash scene before he fled & posted them to Facebook.
Absolute scum.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

by Booney » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:11 am

What a piece of shit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

by Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:16 am

Spargo wrote:41 year old who did a runner had a criminal history & known to police.
He’d tested positive to a drug test after being clocked doing 140+ in a 90 zone.
Absolute scum.

Was that the car driver that got booked or the truckie?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Spargo » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:18 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:41 year old who did a runner had a criminal history & known to police.
Absolute scum.

Was that the car driver that got booked or the truckie?

Car driver. The truckie allegedly “blacked out” after the crash. Police searched the truckie’s home last night, he’s under police guard in hospital.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times

by Dutchy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:35 am

Horrible, just saw vision of the Porsche speeding on the freeway, must have been going close to 200kph. He was the owner, it wasn't stolen.

Being on a freeway, there would be vision of the crash, imagine viewing that :(
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

by Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:42 am

Dutchy wrote:Horrible, just saw vision of the Porsche speeding on the freeway, must have been going close to 200kph. He was the owner, it wasn't stolen.

Being on a freeway, there would be vision of the crash, imagine viewing that :(

Where did you obtain that from?

Just reading through what I've found is so harrowing, one can only imagine what the truck driver must be feeling.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Dutchy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:46 am

Was on ABC news
Dutchy
Site Admin

by Dutchy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:50 am

Looks like the vision is from March, not yesterday, but matches the make/model of the Porsche involved

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AneekaSimonis/status/1253089214557650945[/tweet]
Dutchy
Site Admin

by Booney » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:11 am

Taking pictures and driving off. That's the lowest act I've ever heard of. Ever.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

by PatowalongaPirate » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:18 am

Booney wrote:Taking pictures and driving off. That's the lowest act I've ever heard of. Ever.

The scumbag has made contact with Police this morning.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1210 times

by JK » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:27 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Booney wrote:Taking pictures and driving off. That's the lowest act I've ever heard of. Ever.

The scumbag has made contact with Police this morning.

He’ll get sorted. Such a tragic story, can’t (and don’t want to) imagine what the friends, families and colleagues of these officers must be going through :(
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

by Brodlach » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:34 am

Why run, they have his smashed car so they know who was driving? Clearly more involved and was probably wanted on other accounts
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion