The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:42 pm

Will the coffin be making a nostalgic reappearance?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LMA » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:15 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
LMA wrote:If you Centrals chumps put as much effort into raising money for your own club rather than obsessing over Port you wouldn't be rattling tins.

Taking advice on how to save your club from a Port fan. Seriously any mirrors at Alberton.

What’s next people from Wuhan telling us how to run the Central Markets

I have a better plan for us Centrals fans moving forward. Let’s raise money for our club whilst continuing to laugh at PAFCs demise.

Clearly an observation not advice. I couldn't give a toss about your club and it's red dirt, bull ant infested surrounds.

lol, as opposed to the possible tumble weed, bulldust infested outer at Alberton. :D :D

And stay away from our beaches, St Kilda's your beach. Worst thing they did was build that expressway :D
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:56 pm

I think Semaphore is officially the beach of the Elizabeathians. Taken in a peaceful, bloodless coup. :D
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby StrayDog » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:34 pm

whufc wrote:I think Semaphore is officially the beach of the Elizabeathians. Taken in a peaceful, bloodless coup. :D

Right on the gulf-front of Eagles territory these days. A bit like St Kilda (@LMA) in that regard. Personally, my clan enjoys the beach at the end of Hart Street, about 600 metres south of the Semaphore jetty.

We've generally only gone to Semaphore itself to catch a cheap movie. Or grab a feed of chips on the main drag, walk the jetty and perhaps spot any hauls of undersized catch at the far end.

Anyhoo, play on.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby LMA » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:45 pm

whufc wrote:I think Semaphore is officially the beach of the Elizabeathians. Taken in a peaceful, bloodless coup. :D

Damn straight, basketball singlets everywhere down here in summer :D
LMA
Coach

Postby Brett » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
If they can't afford it, they can't afford it, yeah?

So when they can afford it in 2022 we just let them back it?

Has anyone commented on this? Its a fair call as was UK's post. The two or 3 Port supporters probably know they are wrong again.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby LMA » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:03 pm

StrayDog wrote:

Right on the gulf-front of Eagles territory these days. A bit like St Kilda (@LMA) in that regard. Personally, my clan enjoys the beach at the end of Hart Street, about 600 metres south of the Semaphore jetty.

We've generally only gone to Semaphore itself to catch a cheap movie. Or grab a feed of chips on the main drag, walk the jetty and perhaps spot any hauls of undersized catch at the far end.

Anyhoo, play on.

True but still a fanatical Port Adelaide area.
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:27 pm

Brett wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
If they can't afford it, they can't afford it, yeah?

So when they can afford it in 2022 we just let them back it?

Has anyone commented on this? Its a fair call as was UK's post. The two or 3 Port supporters probably know they are wrong again.

Wrong about what? If Port can't afford to be in the SANFL they won't be that's fact and has been stated by Port fans on here. Dutchy posed a hypothetical question, to which a reply would be an opinion only, no wrong or right.

IMO. Unlike Adelaide, Port genuinely want a presence in the SANFL and if in 2 years time we are in a better financial position to re-enter the league then I think we'll try. Saying that, I still think there's a ways to go before you can celebrate just yet.
LMA
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:49 am

Has anyone from either club actually indicated that they won't have a 2nd tier team in the SANFL? Or is it solely media speculation that are looking for a story and keep their jobs?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:11 am

Dutchy wrote:Has anyone from either club actually indicated that they won't have a 2nd tier team in the SANFL? Or is it solely media speculation that are looking for a story and keep their jobs?

Both have been asked and gave a straight bat answer.

KT "I suspect when all the dust settles that there will be a significant amount of change to our industry and the way we go about things. We have to expect that.

“I have no idea what that change looks like at this stage. I hope the Magpies are part of it. We’ll be doing everything we can to make sure that occurs but we should be expecting change. Over the next few months that will play out… that’s just the reality we need to get our heads around.”

Andrew Fagan comments are linked to an Adelaide Now article I cant access.

Crows want to stay in SANFL

"The Adelaide Crows want to remain in the SANFL competition, but chief executive Andrew Fagan has conceded the decision may not remain with the club"
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:02 pm

New SA Football Commission chairman Rob Kerin has taken over the role with the SANFL in an extremely healthy financial position.Just hours after being named as the replacement for another former Liberal premier, John Olsen, Kerin told the league’s annual meeting on Tuesday night that debt was now only $2.8 million – its lowest since 1992. It is a staggering $34.2 million down from its position in 2013 – following another $4.5 million in repayments from land sales at Football Park – and is on track to retire all debt by 2021.

The debt of the eight member clubs has also dropped by $10 million in that period to $8 million after payments totalling another $2.5 million.
It is the fourth instalment of the $16 million being distributed to the clubs over seven years from the Football Park residential development.

SANFL AND ITS CLUBS ARE NOT GOING BANKRUPT ANYTIME SOON
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:33 pm

LMA wrote:

and hordes of lesbians, Semaphore must be the leso capital of Australia.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby robranisgod » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:03 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
LMA wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering whether Elizabethan is another name for Lesbian
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby LMA » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:18 pm

robranisgod wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
LMA wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering whether Elizabethan is another name for Lesbian

Can't say I notice that many in the area, probably just not taken aback by a same sex relationship like you fossils ;)
LMA
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:30 pm

(LMA must be in one...................NTTAWWT) :D :D :D ;)
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby LMA » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:00 pm

Got that right, same sex for 20 years :Hangman:
LMA
Coach

Postby StrayDog » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:16 pm

LMA wrote:
StrayDog wrote:

Anyhoo, play on.

True but still a fanatical Port Adelaide area.

Awesome. Just as well there's a high profile Aussie Rules footy club with that name nearby, hey.

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Postby StrayDog » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:24 pm

LMA wrote:
robranisgod wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
LMA wrote:

Can't say I notice that many in the area, probably just not taken aback by a same sex relationship like you fossils ;)

Nah.

To each their own, Sweetie.

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Postby Brett » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:16 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Has anyone from either club actually indicated that they won't have a 2nd tier team in the SANFL? Or is it solely media speculation that are looking for a story and keep their jobs?

KT "I suspect when all the dust settles that there will be a significant amount of change to our industry and the way we go about things. We have to expect that.

“I have no idea what that change looks like at this stage. I hope the Magpies are part of it. We’ll be doing everything we can to make sure that occurs but we should be expecting change. Over the next few months that will play out… that’s just the reality we need to get our heads around.”

"The Adelaide Crows want to remain in the SANFL competition, but chief executive Andrew Fagan has conceded the decision may not remain with the club"

Why is it not the Crows decision? Surely the AFL are not trying to rule everything? No doubt Port with their history will stand up and fight this if it its true. Who would have thought? They could move to Alberton Oval and play there as thats a boutique gound. Could always bring in a Tassie Team ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby sib » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:27 am

Brett wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Why is it not the Crows decision? Surely the AFL are not trying to rule everything? No doubt Port with their history will stand up and fight this if it its true. Who would have thought? They could move to Alberton Oval and play there as thats a boutique gound. Could always bring in a Tassie Team ?

The AFL will cut list sizes next season. Talk is 35 players Right now they can have 44. 35 Players would not be enough to entertain a second team. Port could stay however but as a separate entity like they used to be and not the one club. They would have to have their zones back though so they can recruit a squad.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL