AFL 2020 Season

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:47 am

LMA wrote:
How does one receive an email notifying of pending registration?

Yeah, I get an SMS a week out and then on the day, and then later that day and then a few days later incase I forgot.

It's a bit of overkill but I'll deal with it as it's better than relying on my own head.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:03 am

Not hard to put a reminder in your calendar.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby tipper » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:20 am

LMA wrote:
whufc wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Not sure why it matters how long it took, doesn’t lessen the incident at all.

Also really staggers me why the public need to know this has happened and why they are outraged they were not told straight away. Actually had nothing to do with any of us.

One question about Stengle, driving an unregistered car, I would have thought he may have had a sponsors car?

Not overly hard to do these day. Only have to miss one email and then your done. Talking from experience. :D

can sign up for digital renewal notices now. have it sent via email or text, and you can select the period before it is due that it is sent out.

there has also been direct debit rego renewals for years, which like LM said, you get a text or email a week before the money is due, and another one when it is processed. as long as there is money in the account, you dont even have to lift a finger to renew it. and if it fails, DPTI will try again 3 days later, with yet more emails telling you about the retry. and if it fails a second time, you still get a paper renewal sent out

PM me if you want a hand setting any of it up
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:27 am

tipper wrote:PM me if you want a hand setting any of it up

@TysonStengle
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:35 am

its a bit irrelevant for him Booney. he wont be able to drive for the next 6 months at least
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:44 am

tipper wrote:
can sign up for digital renewal notices now. have it sent via email or text, and you can select the period before it is due that it is sent out.

there has also been direct debit rego renewals for years, which like LM said, you get a text or email a week before the money is due, and another one when it is processed. as long as there is money in the account, you dont even have to lift a finger to renew it. and if it fails, DPTI will try again 3 days later, with yet more emails telling you about the retry. and if it fails a second time, you still get a paper renewal sent out

The handbrake swears by that, I think she gets a dd fortnightly or monthly, I don't really listen, mine expires on my payday every third month and it's easy to work out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:49 am

I do monthly direct debit. Have done for a few years.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby tipper » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:

The handbrake swears by that, I think she gets a dd fortnightly or monthly, I don't really listen, mine expires on my payday every third month and it's easy to work out.

Shortest period is monthly (athough it certainly seems like it is shorter than that) but you can opt for longer periods now. 3 months and 12 months for cars and such. catch is it always renews the rego a month out from its expiry. that gives time for the process in case the first go fails, and to send out a paper renewal if the second one fails before the rego expires

ive got both our cars on it, and our camper trailer (not that that is getting used at all at the moment)

and thats enough about car registration. apologies for the ot stuff
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:52 am

Hopefully this info reaches the AFL plauers who log in

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:40 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Hopefully this info reaches the AFL plauers who log in

They have to register to log in.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:41 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I do monthly direct debit. Have done for a few years.

What about for your rego?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Psyber » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:13 pm

I try to keep it simple and pay nearly everything annually spread across December, January, and February, when I'm generally home and not busy.

I do not do direct debits based on past experience because you can't cancel them at your end. So, I've set up monthly payments by bank transfer for my Internet Service and phone service at my end. I can delete them any time I want.

The last direct debit I had running was for Internet via One-Tel back around 2000. I picked up via interstate friends that they were still charging people in other states despite the service in those locations having already collapsed. So I closed the relevent account and opened a different one. That was a good move - they went on taking the direct debits from some people for 3 months after the service ceased. I've refused to set up direct debits ever since.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby tipper » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:30 pm

Psyber wrote:I do not do direct debits based on past experience because you can't cancel them at your end.

well, you can for south australian registration. can cancel it at any time using your mysagov account.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:06 pm

Beteasy, a major partner of the AFL (under Toyota with Carlton Draught, Coca Cola, McDonalds, NAB and Virgin ) is to close and merge under the Sportbet banner :

BetEasy and Sportsbet are set to become one after it was reported on Tuesday by The Australian that the betting giants would merge under the Sportsbet brand.

Staff at BetEasy were told on Tuesday morning that the brand would cease to exist with operations to continue under the Sportsbet banner.

In October 2019, it was announced that the parent companies of both Sportsbet.com.au and BetEasy would merge, creating one of the world's largest betting and gaming companies.

Flutter Entertainment are the owners of Sportsbet.com.au, Betfair UK, Paddy Power, TVG Network and Timeform.

Stars Group Inc are the owners of BetEasy, along with Sky Betting and Gaming, and online poker room product PokerStars.

Shareholders of both Flutter Entertainment and Stars Group are still to vote on the merger but that is set to take place in the coming days.

In Australia, the merger was given conditional approval by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) in February while the UK competition similarly gave the proposal the green light in April.

Tuesday’s news will impact not only the racing industry, but sports across Australia with BetEasy partnering with a number of key organisations, including being a major partner of the AFL.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:28 pm

Hunter gets 4 game suspension and a $5000 fine from the Bulldogs
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:34 pm

Stengle
4 games + $2500 to go to charity

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby LMA » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:32 pm

tipper wrote:
LMA wrote:
whufc wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Not sure why it matters how long it took, doesn’t lessen the incident at all.

Also really staggers me why the public need to know this has happened and why they are outraged they were not told straight away. Actually had nothing to do with any of us.

One question about Stengle, driving an unregistered car, I would have thought he may have had a sponsors car?

Not overly hard to do these day. Only have to miss one email and then your done. Talking from experience. :D

Waste of paper really, I'll look into it.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Corona Man » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:39 am

Sounds like the idea of quarantine hubs is becoming more likely.

Perth, Adelaide & Tassie (Launceston) would be my guess.

Potentially it could look something like this.

Perth - West Coast, Freo, Brisbane, GWS, Carlton, Essendon

Adelaide - Port, Crows, Melbourne, Sydney, Collingwood, Gold Coast

Tassie - Richmond, Hawthorn, St. Kilda, Geelong, Western Bulldogs, North Melb.

Thoughts?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby DOC » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:11 am

Why does the AFL and the NRL for that matter think they will be or should be exempt from travel restrictions and social distancing that we all are required to abide by?

Any premier that relaxes the restrictions without making it available for everyone will be voted out and I think they know that and will not allow it.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:17 am

Corona Man wrote:Sounds like the idea of quarantine hubs is becoming more likely.

Perth, Adelaide & Tassie (Launceston) would be my guess.

Potentially it could look something like this.

Perth - West Coast, Freo, Brisbane, GWS, Carlton, Essendon

Adelaide - Port, Crows, Melbourne, Sydney, Collingwood, Gold Coast

Tassie - Richmond, Hawthorn, St. Kilda, Geelong, Western Bulldogs, North Melb.

Thoughts?

If theyve already played each other they wont be in the same hub, ie Port and Gold Coast
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL