SANFL Clubs

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Clubs

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:32 pm

RB wrote:
topshelf wrote:The possibility of getting extra money from channel 7 to telecast games

Extra money?

I thought the SANFL paid them to show it.

And the TV stations would expect the AFL to provide that content at no extra charge given the situation and of course the SANFL would bend over and do as the overlords wish.

No point in SANFL playing without crowds, it will send the clubs broke
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Brett » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:41 pm

My tip is no one on here knows what will happen. They might like to think they do but do not know.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:11 pm

RB wrote:
topshelf wrote:The possibility of getting extra money from channel 7 to telecast games

Extra money?

CH7 have the rights to one game per round, other games up are for grabs
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby wild dog » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:20 pm

Brett wrote:My tip is no one on here knows what will happen. They might like to think they do but do not know.

wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:29 pm

Dutchy wrote:
RB wrote:

Extra money?

CH7 have the rights to one game per round, other games up are for grabs

What if all games are on at the same time? You honestly think a rival network would assemble a team to broadcast SANFL for the sake of say 4 games in 4 weeks. I reckon the SANFL won't start until the AFL do, or at best 1 week earlier. All will be revealed after Gil's presser next week.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Brett » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:42 pm

Cant we just agree we have no idea what will happen? Know alls that know nothing.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:49 pm

LMA wrote:
What if all games are on at the same time? You honestly think a rival network would assemble a team to broadcast SANFL for the sake of say 4 games in 4 weeks. I reckon the SANFL won't start until the AFL do, or at best 1 week earlier. All will be revealed after Gil's presser next week.

All games are already streamed, CH7 could actually do it and on sell it to Fox, I guarantee if footy was live on TV before AFL it would have a national audience

If the state's success continues, the league could trump the AFL by starting the season earlier than its original plan of May 31 — albeit without crowds — in a move that could potentially create new broadcast opportunities and satiate a sport-hungry public.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby DOC » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:54 pm

Brett wrote:My tip is no one on here knows what will happen. They might like to think they do but do not know.

So, if anyone thinks you are correct then they are wrong as well?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby topshelf » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:55 pm

Brett wrote:Cant we just agree we have no idea what will happen? Know alls that know nothing.

Haven't noticed anyone say they know on here.

With no games on at the moment it's not a bad thing to contemplate all the different options or scenarios that could happen.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Brett » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:07 pm

DOC wrote:

So, if anyone thinks you are correct then they are wrong as well?

Do you know what is going to happen? Well the Doc is the man . Please share your accurate wisdom.]The whole country is relying on you.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:15 pm

Dutchy wrote:
LMA wrote:

All games are already streamed, CH7 could actually do it and on sell it to Fox, I guarantee if footy was live on TV before AFL it would have a national audience

If the state's success continues, the league could trump the AFL by starting the season earlier than its original plan of May 31 — albeit without crowds — in a move that could potentially create new broadcast opportunities and satiate a sport-hungry public.

Absolutely people would watch it, I just feel that it wouldn't be that easy.
LMA
Coach

Postby Brett » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:22 pm

Some outlandish comments. Dutchy show us the evidence of this comment :

Thanks
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:33 pm

Brett wrote:Some outlandish comments. Dutchy show us the evidence of this comment :

Thanks

https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby UK Fan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:53 am

LMA wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
LMA wrote:

As Dutchy said it would be very easy. The camera/commentary crews are all set up it’s just a matter of negotiation.

LMA wrong again. Who would of thought :-)
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:58 am

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby LMA » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:47 pm

UK Fan wrote:
LMA wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
LMA wrote:

As Dutchy said it would be very easy. The camera/commentary crews are all set up it’s just a matter of negotiation.

We'll see. Is the footage and commentary up to standard to broadcast nationally on a platform like Foxtel though?
LMA
Coach

Postby Brett » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Brett wrote:Some outlandish comments. Dutchy show us the evidence of this comment :

Thanks

https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

Apologies as I misread this. I read it as CH7 show all games.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:04 pm

The VFL 2020 season has been cancelled with all 18 AFL clubs agreeing on cost cutting so there's no way the Crows or Power would participate in a SANFL this year.
Sets up perfectly for a 14 round minor round this year with 21 next year onwards preferably.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby topshelf » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:14 am

Wedgie wrote:The VFL 2020 season has been cancelled with all 18 AFL clubs agreeing on cost cutting so there's no way the Crows or Power would participate in a SANFL this year.
Sets up perfectly for a 14 round minor round this year with 21 next year onwards preferably.

Makes sense with the comments coming from the Crows being worried their players mixing with the state league players and opposition on Triple M the other day too. Wouldn't be surprised if they will try to stop us from playing though.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:32 am

LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:As Dutchy said it would be very easy. The camera/commentary crews are all set up it’s just a matter of negotiation.

We'll see. Is the footage and commentary up to standard to broadcast nationally on a platform like Foxtel though?

Have you ever got a hypothetical that could be possibility and may or may not eventuate right? Moron.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL