Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:11 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:For the economy ( small business and hospitality workers ) they'll want to get some movement going in that space, I think July 1 we'll be eating a schnitty in a pub.

Speaking of snitty’s, anyone know of a website or such that shows pubs that are doing takeaways?
Surely someone has been bored enough to put one together.

Just sniff around the pubs near you on Facebook, they're all pumping their food on their FB pages.

The Largs Pier Wood Oven pizzas are sensational, but don't order them when you're pissed, one isn't enough. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:13 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:For the economy ( small business and hospitality workers ) they'll want to get some movement going in that space, I think July 1 we'll be eating a schnitty in a pub.

Speaking of snitty’s, anyone know of a website or such that shows pubs that are doing takeaways?

Just sniff around the pubs near you on Facebook, they're all pumping their food on their FB pages.

The Largs Pier Wood Oven pizzas are sensational, but don't order them when you're pissed, one isn't enough. :lol:

Yeah FB has been pretty good to suss the pubs out.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:16 pm

Pag wrote:If you're after a pub in particular mate I've just been checking their FB page, some only doing dinner takeaways and not lunch.

Back to the school topic, just about to walk out of my empty classroom for the weekend and it looks like my class is projecting to have 14 students attending Monday and 16 learning at home. Got my first online meeting with kids at 9am to hopefully iron out kinks. Half is half is difficult, almost easier from a surely teaching standpoint having a strong majority one way or the other. We're staring fully online to try keep the equality across the board and will have to adjust as the numbers on/off-site change. Wish me luck. :?

Cheers.

Surely the number of kids going back to school will change now based on the letter from the Health Minister yesterday advising everyone to send their kids back to school on Monday if safe to do so?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:17 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Pag wrote:If you're after a pub in particular mate I've just been checking their FB page, some only doing dinner takeaways and not lunch.

Back to the school topic, just about to walk out of my empty classroom for the weekend and it looks like my class is projecting to have 14 students attending Monday and 16 learning at home. Got my first online meeting with kids at 9am to hopefully iron out kinks. Half is half is difficult, almost easier from a surely teaching standpoint having a strong majority one way or the other. We're staring fully online to try keep the equality across the board and will have to adjust as the numbers on/off-site change. Wish me luck. :?

Cheers.

Surely the number of kids going back to school will change now based on the letter from the Health Minister yesterday advising everyone to send their kids back to school on Monday if safe to do so?

Mrs Boon's school is gearing up for it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jase » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:19 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Cheers.

We are opening for Junior school Reception to Year 5 from Monday with Middle and Senior School starting on Monday Week 2.

See how that goes... Should be fun...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby RustyCage » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:34 pm

There’s also an app called YourLocal that has info about where to get pub grub Image
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Pag » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:40 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Cheers.

I'm only going by the data I got sent by my admin officer yesterday, if parents want to send their children after saying they weren't going to, of course they're able to do so. I'm sure some families will.

Also, with ScoMo now saying there's absolutely no risk to children and they don't even need to practice social distancing, I look forward to all public playgrounds re-opening and junior sport starting back up this week.
Last edited by Pag on Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:44 pm

Unley High apparently has 30% booked in for Monday and 70% staying home online
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Brodlach wrote:Unley High apparently has 30% booked in for Monday and 70% staying home online

My kids need to go back to school simply for the structure of their days. With both of us working from home, they've done what they want - which is fine but they need some normality back in their lives.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby JK » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:51 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Unley High apparently has 30% booked in for Monday and 70% staying home online

My kids need to go back to school simply for the structure of their days. With both of us working from home, they've done what they want - which is fine but they need some normality back in their lives.

We're in exactly the same boat mate. Their routines have been shithouse to say the least, so we made the call today to send them back both for learning and social development purposes. Eldest is mortified, youngest thought it was the best news ever.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:52 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

The Birk is doing takeaway food too I believe. Always a good feed from there.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:53 pm

We're keeping my son at home because we wont let him do anything, he's not even allowed to have friends over, my daughter is in Year 12 and is scared to miss any school.

Having said that, if I can find a cheap set of clubs for him tomorrow I'm taking him for a round of golf Sunday, I seen him yesterday for the first time in a few weeks and he was like a puppy running around the backyard, he's had a bit of cabin fever the lad, he's gonna stay with us for a bit now.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:54 pm

JK wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

We're in exactly the same boat mate. Their routines have been shithouse to say the least, so we made the call today to send them back both for learning and social development purposes. Eldest is mortified, youngest thought it was the best news ever.

Yep, getcha. We're consoling ourselves with the fact that they are really on holidays. We just can't take them to the normal places we'd take them during school holidays - which in fact has most probably saved us a fortune. Bowling/movies etc, etc..... Hmm, maybe this isn't such a bad thing ;-)
gadj1976
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:54 pm

JK wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Both ours are going back as well.
Took the wife and I about 3 seconds to make that decision last night after hearing the news they want all kids back on day 1.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:55 pm

JK wrote:We're in exactly the same boat mate. Their routines have been shithouse to say the least, so we made the call today to send them back both for learning and social development purposes. Eldest is mortified, youngest thought it was the best news ever.

What's the pick of the menu there mate, the day before all the world stopped I told the missus that we'll go there for lunch next week, that was about 6 weeks ago.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:We're in exactly the same boat mate. Their routines have been shithouse to say the least, so we made the call today to send them back both for learning and social development purposes. Eldest is mortified, youngest thought it was the best news ever.

What's the pick of the menu there mate, the day before all the world stopped I told the missus that we'll go there for lunch next week, that was about 6 weeks ago.

The menu at school?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:57 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

The Birk is doing takeaway food too I believe. Always a good feed from there.

Big Shed, The Alberton, Commercial, Largs Pier.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:58 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
JK wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Both ours are going back as well.
Took the wife and I about 3 seconds to make that decision last night after hearing the news they want all kids back on day 1.

I think our discussion was similar in length. No brainer for us. As long as the Health Dept said it was ok, then we were on board with it. I have been concerned about my and my missus mental health over the course of the past 5-6 weeks and lesser so about the kids but more recently their situation has come to the forefront of my mind. They tend to be existing rather than living.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:02 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

The menu at school?

I think I need a beer!!!

I thingo'd the wrong thingo.

I meant the Birk @JK
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

The menu at school?

I think I need a beer!!!

I thingo'd the wrong thingo.

As long as the missus is happy to lunch at the school canteen ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion