Ben Cousins

Talk on the national game

Re: Ben Cousins

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:57 am

Gozu wrote:Basil's just the muppet Channel 7 picked to interview him.

Channel 7 and more importantly over there Kerry Stokes should be getting raked over hot coals for this. Taking advantage of a drug addict who used to play footy for ratings knowing what money he was paid was going to go straight back into drugs. Maybe next they could sneak a camera into his cell for a close up of the drug extraction from his prison wallet.

I hope Stokes and Channel 7 are proud of themselves.

It was the most uninteresting interview ever, it was money for jam, he played it smart as next time it will be announced as a "tell all" interview.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby JK » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:08 am

Channel 7 and more importantly over there Kerry Stokes should be getting raked over hot coals for this. Taking advantage of a drug addict who used to play footy for ratings knowing what money he was paid was going to go straight back into drugs. Maybe next they could sneak a camera into his cell for a close up of the drug extraction from his prison wallet.

When does the buck stop with the individual? This interview didn’t make Ben take drugs, Ben made Ben take drugs. Plenty of people earn money via legal means to feed addiction, could you imagine a society where prior to receiving earned money the recipient first needs to spell out what they intend to spend it on?

I’m no 7 or Basil fan, but they’re not responsible for BC’s actions
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:23 am

JK wrote:

When does the buck stop with the individual? This interview didn’t make Ben take drugs, Ben made Ben take drugs. Plenty of people earn money via legal means to feed addiction, could you imagine a society where prior to receiving earned money the recipient first needs to spell out what they intend to spend it on?

I’m no 7 or Basil fan, but they’re not responsible for BC’s actions

C’mon mate, Ben Cousins is the biggest victim in the world.
Just ask him, it’s never his fault.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:41 pm

JK wrote:I’m no 7 or Basil fan, but they’re not responsible for BC’s actions

I agree but they are responsible for exploiting a hardcore drug addict though just for a cheap ratings boost.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Typical. All I keep hearing is blame the lawyer, blame the ex missus, blame Ch7, blame Basil. What about accepting responsibility Ben. FFS, f***ed up druggie.

Till he stops blaming everyone else he'll never accept get over it.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:45 am

The 100k he was paid was put into a trust fund that Cuzzy cannot access by himself.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:50 am

gadj1976 wrote:Typical. All I keep hearing is blame the lawyer, blame the ex missus, blame Ch7, blame Basil. What about accepting responsibility Ben. FFS, f***ed up druggie.

He hasn’t blamed anyone. All he said was he had a parenting plan with the Ex and she cut off all communication!!! From what I have read she is just as bad!!!
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby DOC » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:51 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:Typical. All I keep hearing is blame the lawyer, blame the ex missus, blame Ch7, blame Basil. What about accepting responsibility Ben. FFS, f***ed up druggie.

He hasn’t blamed anyone. All he said was he had a parenting plan with the Ex and she cut off all communication!!! From what I have read she is just as bad!!!

In what regard?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:00 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:The 100k he was paid was put into a trust fund that Cuzzy cannot access by himself.

100k?
Surely not?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:56 pm

DOC wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:

In what regard?

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/former-a ... 881065016z
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL