SANFL Clubs

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Clubs

Postby LMA » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:38 pm

goddy11 wrote:
stan wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Like all of us on here we love the SANFL and its been a real pity we havent been able to see our teams in action.If we get up and running will the competition comprise of just the 8 proper SANFL clubs ,
I reckon it looks that way at the moment. Most likely 8 teams.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IMHO the priority of the SANFL at this stage is to get all the junior teams up and playing. We may lose part of a generation of players and interest in our game. Its fine everyone talking of starting the seniors but that costs money if players are being paid and playing in front of of no-one.

Do you mean the junior teams relating specifically to the SANFL clubs or all amateur club juniors too, as they also come under the SANFL banner.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby goddy11 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:51 pm

LMA wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
stan wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Like all of us on here we love the SANFL and its been a real pity we havent been able to see our teams in action.If we get up and running will the competition comprise of just the 8 proper SANFL clubs ,

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IMHO the priority of the SANFL at this stage is to get all the junior teams up and playing. We may lose part of a generation of players and interest in our game. Its fine everyone talking of starting the seniors but that costs money if players are being paid and playing in front of of no-one.

Do you mean the junior teams relating specifically to the SANFL clubs or all amateur club juniors too, as they also come under the SANFL banner.

All really including school football. If its ok to go to school then it should ok to start kids comps at this stage. Limit parents going to see them if need be.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 560 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby LMA » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:05 pm

I don't think restricting parents is necessary, plenty of oval surrounds to spread out. I think most Amateur clubs would want an all in approach, Seniors and Juniors, before opening their doors again. This is likely anyway as the AdFL are waiting to see what the SANFL are doing.
LMA
Coach

Postby Hazydog » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:22 pm

“The Crows and Port admit they are no certainties to play in a restructured SANFL competition this season because of questions about where and how AFL hubs are established.

It is possible the SA teams will be relocated interstate, with Victoria firming as the favourite, making it virtually impossible for Adelaide and Port to field teams in the local league this year if the competition goes ahead.”
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Brett » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:00 pm

Port wont be part of it as they will need the AFL lifeline as they did the SANFL.The SANFL does not need to be restructured IMO. The League competition will change but I think back to a 9 team fixture with the Crows just fielding a lot of top up players.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:17 pm

Brett wrote:Port wont be part of it as they will need the AFL lifeline as they did the SANFL.The SANFL does not need to be restructured IMO. The League competition will change but I think back to a 9 team fixture with the Crows just fielding a lot of top up players.

It will 100% only be 8 teams this year, there is no way anyone on an AFL list will be able to mix with the plebs from the SANFL with their quarantine hubs they will set up.
If we are lucky that will continue into next season
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Brett » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:24 pm

I was meaning next year.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:39 pm

Brett wrote:Cant we just agree we have no idea what will happen? Know alls that know nothing.

Brett wrote: Port wont be part of it as they will need the AFL lifeline as they did the SANFL.The SANFL does not need to be restructured IMO. The League competition will change but I think back to a 9 team fixture with the Crows just fielding a lot of top up players.

You've changed your tune :shock:
LMA
Coach

Postby Locky » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:44 pm

stan wrote:

Perfect. 14 game season for 2020. 21 games from 2021.
Locky

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:24 am

Brett wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Brett wrote:Any news on the Dogs fundraising effort.Last we heard was 50k.

$60,600 Brett.

That is another 10k on top which is good. The renewal of the sponsor is also good news. Its good to hear most club members are sticking by their club from what I hear.

Now just under $63,000, looking promising!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby am Bays » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:28 am

LMA wrote:
Brett wrote:Cant we just agree we have no idea what will happen? Know alls that know nothing.

Brett wrote: Port wont be part of it as they will need the AFL lifeline as they did the SANFL.The SANFL does not need to be restructured IMO. The League competition will change but I think back to a 9 team fixture with the Crows just fielding a lot of top up players.

:lol: :lol:
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Brett » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:09 pm

LMA wrote:

Im just going by some info shared from the SANFL. Always have said Port wont be part of it.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby topshelf » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:49 pm

LMA wrote:I don't think restricting parents is necessary, plenty of oval surrounds to spread out. I think most Amateur clubs would want an all in approach, Seniors and Juniors, before opening their doors again. This is likely anyway as the AdFL are waiting to see what the SANFL are doing.

I think that's actually the biggest problem with allowing the amateur/junior teams to start playing. It would be basically impossible to control crowds if games started being played everywhere. There isn't much to do at the moment on weekends and with no AFL or SANFL games to attend, people might flood to amateur games to finally watch some sport live. Even if it was just parents, etc showing up, you wouldn't be able to control social distancing and people can't be trusted to do the right thing. Only sports that can be fenced off should be allowed to be played at the moment imo.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby saintal » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:39 pm

Groucho wrote:

$60,600 Brett.

That's a solid effort to date.

I cant see it posted anywhere else, so might as well share that South started a similar campaign last week.

https://asf.org.au/projects/south-adela ... n-forever/
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby StrayDog » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:29 pm

saintal wrote:
Groucho wrote:

$60,600 Brett.

That's a solid effort to date.

I cant see it posted anywhere else, so might as well share that South started a similar campaign last week.

https://asf.org.au/projects/south-adela ... n-forever/

Yeah, I was wondering about South. I knew they welcomed donations for junior development and (I think) for the ladies but couldn't see anything on the asf.org.au front when I looked a few weeks (??) back.

Personally, I'd like to think that, with South sticking to their guns on a certain topic a few years back, a few of us of other allegiances around town may care to direct a bit of extra coin their way. Just a thought.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Brett » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:42 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Brett wrote:Port wont be part of it as they will need the AFL lifeline as they did the SANFL.The SANFL does not need to be restructured IMO. The League competition will change but I think back to a 9 team fixture with the Crows just fielding a lot of top up players.

It will 100% only be 8 teams this year, there is no way anyone on an AFL list will be able to mix with the plebs from the SANFL with their quarantine hubs they will set up.
If we are lucky that will continue into next season

We know one thing. The AFL taking over Ports finances means they are gone.I bet the AFL regret it now. They (port) bleed money and want handouts.

I see the AFL being smaller league after all this.Some franchises will need to go and it will make footy better if they are serious about a national game.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:00 pm

Brett wrote:I see the AFL being smaller league after all this.Some franchises will need to go and it will make footy better if they are serious about a national game.

Simply not happening.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brett » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:07 pm

I am not saying tomorrow but lets wait and see. Too many financial holes finally being revealed and it wont continue. Watch what may happen in the next 5 years. There already is inneundo the GWS maybe bought out. Just my thoughts.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby fish » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:20 pm

Does anyone know what happened to the $71m that the SANFL got from selling Footy Park as per this article: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/west-beaches/sanfl-sells-aami-stadium-at-west-lakes-for-71m-for-residential-housing-development/news-story/d7d31fa04eb6a62008d268047f026b1e

In particular what happened to the future fund for football in SA - it would certainly come in handy at the moment.

SANFL’s chairman John Olsen said the deal was “the final part of the transition process” to Adelaide Oval. “By securing an up-front payment of $10 million we have been able to extinguish our debt with the AFL, money we borrowed as part of the $16.25m we gave to Port Adelaide to keep the club viable ahead of the move to Adelaide Oval,” Mr Olsen said in a statement. “The rest of the money is critical to our future, not only in terms of further lowering our debt profile — which now stands at $45m including SANFL club debt — but also as a future fund for football in South Australia.”
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby topshelf » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:44 pm

fish wrote:Does anyone know what happened to the $71m that the SANFL got from selling Footy Park as per this article: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/west-beaches/sanfl-sells-aami-stadium-at-west-lakes-for-71m-for-residential-housing-development/news-story/d7d31fa04eb6a62008d268047f026b1e

In particular what happened to the future fund for football in SA - it would certainly come in handy at the moment.

SANFL’s chairman John Olsen said the deal was “the final part of the transition process” to Adelaide Oval. “By securing an up-front payment of $10 million we have been able to extinguish our debt with the AFL, money we borrowed as part of the $16.25m we gave to Port Adelaide to keep the club viable ahead of the move to Adelaide Oval,” Mr Olsen said in a statement. “The rest of the money is critical to our future, not only in terms of further lowering our debt profile — which now stands at $45m including SANFL club debt — but also as a future fund for football in South Australia.”

This part annoys me more especially with some port people who claim they're hard down by from the SANFL.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL