SANFL Clubs

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Clubs

Postby DOC » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:46 pm

It has and still continues to be distributed to the clubs.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:50 pm

SANFL itself had a debt as high as $32m at one stage
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3502 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:54 pm

topshelf wrote:
fish wrote:Does anyone know what happened to the $71m that the SANFL got from selling Footy Park as per this article: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/west-beaches/sanfl-sells-aami-stadium-at-west-lakes-for-71m-for-residential-housing-development/news-story/d7d31fa04eb6a62008d268047f026b1e

In particular what happened to the future fund for football in SA - it would certainly come in handy at the moment.

SANFL’s chairman John Olsen said the deal was “the final part of the transition process” to Adelaide Oval. “By securing an up-front payment of $10 million we have been able to extinguish our debt with the AFL, money we borrowed as part of the $16.25m we gave to Port Adelaide to keep the club viable ahead of the move to Adelaide Oval,” Mr Olsen said in a statement. “The rest of the money is critical to our future, not only in terms of further lowering our debt profile — which now stands at $45m including SANFL club debt — but also as a future fund for football in South Australia.”

This part annoys me more especially with some port people who claim they're hard down by from the SANFL.

Then why wouldn’t the SANFL ask for this back? Why wouldn’t the 8 sovereign clubs query this?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5485 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brett » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:56 pm

topshelf wrote:
fish wrote:Does anyone know what happened to the $71m that the SANFL got from selling Footy Park as per this article: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/west-beaches/sanfl-sells-aami-stadium-at-west-lakes-for-71m-for-residential-housing-development/news-story/d7d31fa04eb6a62008d268047f026b1e

In particular what happened to the future fund for football in SA - it would certainly come in handy at the moment.

SANFL’s chairman John Olsen said the deal was “the final part of the transition process” to Adelaide Oval. “By securing an up-front payment of $10 million we have been able to extinguish our debt with the AFL, money we borrowed as part of the $16.25m we gave to Port Adelaide to keep the club viable ahead of the move to Adelaide Oval,” Mr Olsen said in a statement. “The rest of the money is critical to our future, not only in terms of further lowering our debt profile — which now stands at $45m including SANFL club debt — but also as a future fund for football in South Australia.”

This part annoys me more especially with some port people who claim they're hard down by from the SANFL.

Its how they roll. Always someone elses fault .They owe heaps and just whinge.The AFL are there "project" now.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby topshelf » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:05 pm

Do the crows pay any rent for West Lakes? Might be time for that to happen also.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby DOC » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:08 pm

topshelf wrote:Do the crows pay any rent for West Lakes? Might be time for that to happen also.

No. It will not happen as it was part of the conditions of them taking over the license.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby wild dog » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:12 pm

Spargo wrote:
topshelf wrote:

Then why wouldn’t the SANFL ask for this back? Why wouldn’t the 8 sovereign clubs query this?

There have been posts on the Port debt from time to time and various denials from some on here that the debt even existed. The debt is still to be repaid whenever Port gets its finances to the point where that can occur.

2012-14 was a great time for both the Crows and Power to throw as many issues into the pot to cause confusion and basically overwhelm the SANFL. Stadium Management, reserves teams and franchise licence sales, with the Crows as bad if not worse than Port. At least Port had the excuse that its existence was at stake, the Crows was just greed, opportunism and conceitedness.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby wild dog » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:17 pm

Dutchy wrote:SANFL itself had a debt as high as $32m at one stage

From the article above, the combined debt stood as high as $45m.

“The rest of the money is critical to our future, not only in terms of further lowering our debt profile — which now stands at $45m including SANFL club debt — but also as a future fund for football in South Australia.”
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Brett » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:45 pm

It shouldn't be long........................ :roll:
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:31 am

wild dog wrote:
Dutchy wrote:SANFL itself had a debt as high as $32m at one stage

From the article above, the combined debt stood as high as $45m.

“The rest of the money is critical to our future, not only in terms of further lowering our debt profile — which now stands at $45m including SANFL club debt — but also as a future fund for football in South Australia.”

That included the clubs debt, I'm talking SANFL alone
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3502 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:43 am

Spargo wrote:
Brett wrote:I see the AFL being smaller league after all this.Some franchises will need to go and it will make footy better if they are serious about a national game.

Simply not happening.

Yep. Whilst they're serious about a national game, it's purely for the sake of competing with other football codes, and as its run out of Melbourne its very unlikely any of their teams will bite the dust. Making footy better probably the last thing on the AFL's list.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:37 pm

Crickets from the Oracle on the debt subject, says it all
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:50 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Crickets from the Oracle on the debt subject, says it all

yeah, where are all the Port supporters?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby UK Fan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:13 pm

Magellan wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Brett wrote:I see the AFL being smaller league after all this.Some franchises will need to go and it will make footy better if they are serious about a national game.

Simply not happening.

Yep. Whilst they're serious about a national game, it's purely for the sake of competing with other football codes, and as its run out of Melbourne its very unlikely any of their teams will bite the dust. Making footy better probably the last thing on the AFL's list.

No Victorian club would cost the AFL more than Fold Coast.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Brett » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Brett wrote:It shouldn't be long........................ :roll:

Its an official record Id say. Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dee lol
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Brett » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Spargo wrote:

Simply not happening.

Im sure I hear Tasmania wants to have a Team at the expense of a Victorian club and there argument is too many Victorian sides cost money.

Things evolve and most would now say nothing will change. Did anybody think years ago Woodville would be a club and Torrens and them would merge? This is a bit easier to see unfolding IMO due to what is happening.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:12 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

Ad Nauseam
Last edited by LMA on Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Stalkers would be familiar with the sound of crickets, eh?
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:40 pm

Brett wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Simply not happening.

Im sure I hear Tasmania wants to have a Team at the expense of a Victorian club and there argument is too many Victorian sides cost money.

Things evolve and most would now say nothing will change. Did anybody think years ago Woodville would be a club and Torrens and them would merge? This is a bit easier to see unfolding IMO due to what is happening.

images (11).jpeg
images (11).jpeg (23.47 KiB) Viewed 3632 times
LMA
Coach

Postby Brett » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:12 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

They are still quiet with the finance stuff ? Not surprised though. The CV is bad enough , imagine the SANFL having that franchise over there head as well.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL