Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby gadj1976 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:16 pm

Had a couple of $800 trifectas before but should've had a good payday at Morphettville one day.

Saturday afternoon, nice weather, we were upstairs drinking some refreshing ales. The next at Morphettville was about 10 mins away.

Missus says "I like the 13, I'm going to put $5 on it.". I was reading the form and said "me too, I'm going to put $10 ew on it as well". She said "well I've gotta go to the loo, so I'll do it while I'm gone" and get a beer on the way back for you". Cool!

She comes back with a bookies ticket between her fingers and cold beers in hand. Bewdy!

Race starts and the horse STREAKS down the middle of the track and wins at $141 and I'm carrying on like no mans business. I look over and she's smirking.

"Umm, why are you looking at me like that?" I said. "ahh, because it was such long odds I only put $5 ew on it". I was disappointed but did the sums, it was still a nice collect. She said "wait, you haven't heard the worst. I got it at $41s with the bookies"

**** me! I think I worked out instead of $2200 we got $220 and I still don't think I've got my $20 bucks back!

FYI: Rural Forest, I believe it was it's only win ever!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 01, 2020 3:30 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Had a couple of $800 trifectas before but should've had a good payday at Morphettville one day.

Saturday afternoon, nice weather, we were upstairs drinking some refreshing ales. The next at Morphettville was about 10 mins away.

Missus says "I like the 13, I'm going to put $5 on it.". I was reading the form and said "me too, I'm going to put $10 ew on it as well". She said "well I've gotta go to the loo, so I'll do it while I'm gone" and get a beer on the way back for you". Cool!

She comes back with a bookies ticket between her fingers and cold beers in hand. Bewdy!

Race starts and the horse STREAKS down the middle of the track and wins at $141 and I'm carrying on like no mans business. I look over and she's smirking.

"Umm, why are you looking at me like that?" I said. "ahh, because it was such long odds I only put $5 ew on it". I was disappointed but did the sums, it was still a nice collect. She said "wait, you haven't heard the worst. I got it at $41s with the bookies"

**** me! I think I worked out instead of $2200 we got $220 and I still don't think I've got my $20 bucks back!

:lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri May 01, 2020 3:35 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Had a couple of $800 trifectas before but should've had a good payday at Morphettville one day.

My mates grandpa owned that horse and I was around at his house last night and he has the photo in his man cave of it winning that race. Classic
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby gadj1976 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:47 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

My mates grandpa owned that horse and I was around at his house last night and he has the photo in his man cave of it winning that race. Classic

You've got to be kidding me. If I recall correctly there was no other horse in the picture! It won easily. From Pt Lincoln or last raced at Pt Lincoln. Not that it's forever etched in my memory or anything!!!!
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Fri May 01, 2020 3:49 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

You've got to be kidding me. If I recall correctly there was no other horse in the picture! It won easily. From Pt Lincoln or last raced at Pt Lincoln. Not that it's forever etched in my memory or anything!!!!

Yeah his Grandpa lived in Cleve. I'll get a pic of it next time I'm over there and I'll post it on here.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 01, 2020 4:02 pm

That is pure gold.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri May 01, 2020 4:38 pm

Won 7 times!
Attachments
prick.PNG
prick.PNG (10.89 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
gadj1976
Coach

Postby JK » Fri May 01, 2020 10:37 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
JK wrote:Not as juicy as Spargo's, but I remember being with my mate at the Lockley's Hotel for 2009 Melbourne Cup day. I used to always over capitalise on the Cup itself so that year I made a rule and said just the one W/P bet, so chucked $50ew on Shocking. Beautiful, thats worked out well. After that the suds are kicking in nicely combined with the knowledge it's not going to be a losing day. Mates losing all day then lands a $20 shot in the penultimate race and we're firing on all cylinders and decide to box 4 horses up for a Tri in the last. Get to the Tab counter, lady tells me one of them's scratched, so I get her to replace it with her favourite number. Watch the race, we have the 2nd place, Tab chick picked 3rd, but alas we've missed the winner. Check the ticket before discarding and wait a minute, we have all 3, WTF? Check the other side to find that I'd accidentally brushed over No. 8 with the faintest stroke of the pen, so that had been included. Think it turned our $20 into $900 :)

I had the Trif that Melb Cup, I had just dropped into the Rosewater Pub after knocking off work early but I had to go to the tab to collect it. Cant remember exactly how much it was, might have been around the $4.5k mark.

I actually had a futures bet on Crime Scene just $10 EW at $81/$16, you just remided me. $11 winner + CS, that Tri would have paid well for sure
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 01, 2020 10:41 pm

JK wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
JK wrote:Not as juicy as Spargo's, but I remember being with my mate at the Lockley's Hotel for 2009 Melbourne Cup day. I used to always over capitalise on the Cup itself so that year I made a rule and said just the one W/P bet, so chucked $50ew on Shocking. Beautiful, thats worked out well. After that the suds are kicking in nicely combined with the knowledge it's not going to be a losing day. Mates losing all day then lands a $20 shot in the penultimate race and we're firing on all cylinders and decide to box 4 horses up for a Tri in the last. Get to the Tab counter, lady tells me one of them's scratched, so I get her to replace it with her favourite number. Watch the race, we have the 2nd place, Tab chick picked 3rd, but alas we've missed the winner. Check the ticket before discarding and wait a minute, we have all 3, WTF? Check the other side to find that I'd accidentally brushed over No. 8 with the faintest stroke of the pen, so that had been included. Think it turned our $20 into $900 :)

I had the Trif that Melb Cup, I had just dropped into the Rosewater Pub after knocking off work early but I had to go to the tab to collect it. Cant remember exactly how much it was, might have been around the $4.5k mark.

I actually had a futures bet on Crime Scene just $10 EW at $81/$16, you just remided me. $11 winner + CS, that Tri would have paid well for sure
if my memory serves me correct i got 1 2 3 5 in the pick 4 which was big
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby JK » Fri May 01, 2020 10:45 pm

Spargo wrote:We were at Oakbank around 25 years ago and they had jumped in Brisbane. We knew this because we had a Walkman with head phones but the on course speaker had cut out and the bookies weren’t near the tv screens. They’ve kept their odds up, the three of us were listening to this thing kick clear with 200m to go, look over and the odds are still up! We rush over and empty our pockets - every cent we had - and back this thing between the 2 bookies. We got $8 about it. When we went to collect, the penciller yelled out to the bookie “These are the c#nts that got on after the race”. The bookie was ropable, literally shaking with rage. He was spitting as he yelled at us. Called us every name in the book.
But he had to pay us ;)

Thats the best one Iv heard lol. Everythings usually in their favour so f**k em :)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Fri May 01, 2020 11:03 pm

Had this one not too long ago, cant remember reasonable win ever feeling like such a loss lol
Attachments
IMG_5112.PNG
IMG_5112.PNG (244.22 KiB) Viewed 2706 times
IMG_5111.PNG
IMG_5111.PNG (317.57 KiB) Viewed 2706 times
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 01, 2020 11:05 pm

JK wrote:

Had this one not too long ago, cant remember reasonable win ever feeling like such a loss lol
ouch
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Spargo » Fri May 01, 2020 11:26 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
JK wrote:

ouch

8 pending though ;)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Fri May 01, 2020 11:33 pm

Spargo wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
JK wrote:

ouch

8 pending though ;)

Läte in footy season the pendings are usually in the 90's lol (not doing myself any favours admitting that Im aware haha)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sat May 02, 2020 9:54 am

Only two BB today

Old favourite Seabrook at Morphettville @ $4.80

Miss Harriette at Sandown Race 5 @ $26

Also have backed Away Game at every start she has had but a two year old against Sunlight??
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby OnSong » Sat May 02, 2020 9:57 am

My best for today:
R1 SOUL OBSESSION - Each way
R5 NOVEMBER DREAMING - Win
R6 I AM ELOQUENT - Each way
R9 JUNGLE EDGE - Win
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:22 am

JK wrote:

That's sh1thouse. Fixed odds kill me every single time.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:24 am

.Image

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby JK » Sat May 02, 2020 10:35 am

Brodlach wrote:Only two BB today

Old favourite Seabrook at Morphettville @ $4.80

Miss Harriette at Sandown Race 5 @ $26

Also have backed Away Game at every start she has had but a two year old against Sunlight??

Sunlight in the wet the big unknown, not that you’d put it past her
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Spargo » Sat May 02, 2020 11:54 am

A mate of mine knows the owner of Starvirgo (Doomben Race 9)
Says he thinks it will be hard to beat and has had a big go in the early markets.
$5.25 is the best I could get.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room