SANFL Clubs

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Clubs

Postby Brett » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:52 pm

Now we have no interjections about Ports Financial Owings and woes , lets focus on the CLUBS.
It is sounding promising for the SANFL clubs and a great initiative by the SANFL to promote the clubs today. We are in a good financial position and it would be good to see this escalated through different media. An ideal time for the SANFL to promote the history of the league and what it means.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby fish » Fri May 01, 2020 12:17 am

Brett wrote:Now we have no interjections about Ports Financial Owings and woes , lets focus on the CLUBS.
It is sounding promising for the SANFL clubs and a great initiative by the SANFL to promote the clubs today. We are in a good financial position and it would be good to see this escalated through different media. An ideal time for the SANFL to promote the history of the league and what it means.

Not sure if I've missed something but it looks like the SANFL "Support your Club" is just a call for us to donate, become a member or buy merchandise. That is fine but are the SANFL providing any money to the clubs from their own coffers?
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 01, 2020 10:50 am

fish wrote:
Brett wrote:Now we have no interjections about Ports Financial Owings and woes , lets focus on the CLUBS.

Not sure if I've missed something but it looks like the SANFL "Support your Club" is just a call for us to donate, become a member or buy merchandise. That is fine but are the SANFL providing any money to the clubs from their own coffers?

SANFL would have its own financial issues they need to manage first, esp with no income from the SMA which would have formed a large part of their budgets.

Once the depth of the hole it known they may be able to borrow and assist clubs at the back end of this.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri May 01, 2020 12:04 pm

Great interview with Kris Grant

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id ... IDRfZZVZO8

Cdfc have raised $35k in memberships/season ticket sales
And $62k out of the fundraiser
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri May 01, 2020 5:15 pm

UK Fan wrote:Great interview with Kris Grant

PLUS just over $3,000 for the "BBQ with The Gowans twins" raffle.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Brett » Fri May 01, 2020 6:47 pm

I wonder how 35k compares with usual membership income ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Brett » Fri May 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Good interview with Kris Grant and must say I hate how all radio stations end with ...."well we are right behind you so if anything you want just let us know". lol Its tripe. I agree with Kris Grant as I feel after all this the SANFL will be better and I have no doubt all 8 clubs will survive.

AFL lists will reduce which will make State leagues stronger. Pity it took a Pandemic for the AFL to work it out.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby JK » Fri May 01, 2020 10:31 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

PLUS just over $3,000 for the "BBQ with The Gowans twins" raffle.

Will they both fit on the barby?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby topshelf » Sat May 02, 2020 6:33 pm

Heard an interview with Keith Thomas today that port are saying to both the afl and SANFL that they should be treated uniquely and are pushing hard to remain in the SANFL....
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Groucho » Sat May 02, 2020 6:46 pm

One out both out as far as I'm concerned. According to them they're one club so no SANFL for them.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat May 02, 2020 6:56 pm

topshelf wrote:Heard an interview with Keith Thomas today that port are saying to both the afl and SANFL that they should be treated uniquely and are pushing hard to remain in the SANFL....

They probably want to forego their position in the SANFL this year but come back in next year. Ultimately it will be the AFL that decides how much of a hand out Port get and if that will be enough to fund a reserves team.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Sat May 02, 2020 7:11 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
topshelf wrote:Heard an interview with Keith Thomas today that port are saying to both the afl and SANFL that they should be treated uniquely and are pushing hard to remain in the SANFL....

They probably want to forego their position in the SANFL this year but come back in next year. Ultimately it will be the AFL that decides how much of a hand out Port get and if that will be enough to fund a reserves team.
I reckon the AFL will have enough problems keeping all teams afloat even without the reserve teams.

Reckon the resi teams are gone for the foreseeable future.

8 team SANFL.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brett » Sat May 02, 2020 7:26 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Spot on. Port will have no say in it.They are now run by the AFL.
If they did want to come back the SANFL should allow them at a very high price. Once again the SANFL holds the aces , lets hope they realise that.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby topshelf » Sat May 02, 2020 7:55 pm

I hope you guys are right, hopefully the SANFL don't hand out more money to them or give them special treatment. 8 teams this year and beyond would be excellent :YMPRAY:
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby RB » Sat May 02, 2020 8:53 pm

Brett wrote:Once again the SANFL holds the aces , lets hope they realise that.

Unlike in 2013, when they held all the aces and caved in anyway.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby fish » Sat May 02, 2020 9:03 pm

Groucho wrote:One out both out as far as I'm concerned. According to them they're one club so no SANFL for them.

This
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby stan » Sat May 02, 2020 11:20 pm

fish wrote:
Groucho wrote:One out both out as far as I'm concerned. According to them they're one club so no SANFL for them.

This
Pretty certain there both gone. With reduced AFL list sizes it won't be possible. Back to 8 teams as long as there are still 8 teams when this is over.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stampy » Sun May 03, 2020 2:17 pm

stan wrote:
fish wrote:

This
Pretty certain there both gone. With reduced AFL list sizes it won't be possible. Back to 8 teams as long as there are still 8 teams when this is over.

ya know what that means then, they will want to place their B graders back at the traditional clubs :roll:
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 03, 2020 4:46 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

I would have thought it would be easier for them to fill a team this year than next, if the list size cuts come. If the Hubs don't happen, why wouldn't they be in the comp this year?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 03, 2020 5:19 pm

Norwood fan Kasey van Puijenbroek takes out membership at rival SANFL clubs to help league survive

Passionate SANFL supporter Kasey van Puijenbroek could not sit back and watch a state league club fall apart financially because of COVID-19.

So he took out two memberships at his beloved Norwood, the club he has followed for 34 years since his dad Keith started taking him to games when he was just eight.

And he is now also a member at West Adelaide, Sturt, South Adelaide, Sturt and Woodville-West Torrens after his generous backing of the league.

Van Puijenbroek has even joined Central District, confessing to not being a “huge” fan of the Bulldogs. Hardly surprising for a devoted Redlegs follower.

Glenelg and North Adelaide memberships are on the to-do list. His health has become his priority again though, with more chemotherapy necessary because of brain tumours.

“It is all about supporting the clubs, 100 per cent they need us behind them,” van Puijenbroek, an engineer, said. “I love the SANFL and don’t want any clubs to die.

“The Norwood Football Club represents a happy childhood for me, going to the footy with the old man. It is like a family.”

Van Puijenbroek’s battle with brain tumours started in 2006 and has kept him from games. But he is determined to be at Norwood Oval for the Redlegs’ first game following the resumption of football when his name will be on the players’ jumper.

All fans who have purchased Fortis in Procella merchandise, born by the Redlegs to help in the financial fight created by the coronavirus crisis, will have their name on the jumper and be invited on to the ground to welcome the players back into action.

And it is becoming more likely this will happen in front of the $8 million redevelopment, scheduled for completion in mid-June.

“The club has waited 10 years for this to be built and it could be ready and we not able to use it,” Redlegs chief executive James Fantasia lamented.

“But it could well be the next time we play a game at Coopers Stadium we will be opening the facility. So it could be a celebration of playing football again and the opening of the redevelopment.

“Imagine that on a Friday night, what a night.”
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL