Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 04, 2020 11:19 am

Booney wrote:Thoughts?

As of August 1st children up to the age of 6 will be excluded under the "no jab no play" policy from attending early learning or child care services unless they are fully vaccinated.

What if we have to show the COVID Safe app on our phones to get into the footy, get into pubs in greater numers? I know the app isn't a vaccination against getting COVID but it's our best bet to track and trace any outbreaks. It's possible in SA we could have 0 active cases within days, we can be confident with border restrictions in place that we are free from it in SA and we should go back to life as we knew it fairly quickly.

I'm not for being blackmailed, but it seems a small price to pay. ( Downloading the app ).

I can't get COVID-19 anyway as I have a 36 pack of toilet paper at home.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

As of August 1st children up to the age of 6 will be excluded under the "no jab no play" policy from attending early learning or child care services unless they are fully vaccinated.

What if we have to show the COVID Safe app on our phones to get into the footy, get into pubs in greater numers? I know the app isn't a vaccination against getting COVID but it's our best bet to track and trace any outbreaks. It's possible in SA we could have 0 active cases within days, we can be confident with border restrictions in place that we are free from it in SA and we should go back to life as we knew it fairly quickly.

I'm not for being blackmailed, but it seems a small price to pay. ( Downloading the app ).

Do you need some more? $-) $-)

(asking for a friend)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tigerpie wrote:How the f#ck are we still getting new cases????

Footy and normality are no chance while new infections keep turning up.

Takes just one moron and bang we're off again!

This is what really disturbs me!!

The Qld case came from someone who travelled to Melbourne from the USA on April 21 IIRC? Then flew to Queensland from Melbourne.

Closing down international flight and borders must have a different meaning to how I envisage it (insert confused face emoji).
There are exemptions for some international travel however I was under the impression they would have still had to quarantine in Melbourne on arrival
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby tigerpie » Mon May 04, 2020 11:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

The Qld case came from someone who travelled to Melbourne from the USA on April 21 IIRC? Then flew to Queensland from Melbourne.

Closing down international flight and borders must have a different meaning to how I envisage it (insert confused face emoji).

I know right? Wtf! And from the land of F*cktards of all places???

How many has he infected?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 04, 2020 11:34 am

Anyone on here been tested?
I got tested on Saturday.

Friday evening I had a slight temp and a dry cough so thought it best to book an appointment with the doctor Saturday morning.
It was a Telehealth appointment due to my symptoms.
Booked in for 11.45am Saturday.
Doctor rang me at 11.30am as he said he was ahead of time(that never happens normally).

He asked me several questions which I replied No to everything but he said as you have a slight fever you need to get tested.

He said go the Repat at Daws Road and I’ll fax/email the referral through.
I live 5-10 mins away so drove there and there was 1 car there getting tested.
Got tested straight away.

A swab in the gob and one in the nostril.

They said they will SMS the results in up to 48 hours.
I was deemed low risk so had to wait the full 48 hours.

Had to isolate for those 48 hours.

They SMS this morning to say it was negative.

Thank **** for that as I need to get out and get a real coffee! :lol:

Plus I can see/hug the family again.

The whole procedure was great and managed well.
Big tick for SA Pathology.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 04, 2020 11:40 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Do you need some more? $-) $-)

(asking for a friend)

:lol: :lol:

Are you the Drakes man??
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 04, 2020 11:42 am

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

There are exemptions for some international travel however I was under the impression they would have still had to quarantine in Melbourne on arrival

There are more exemptions than we're being told about. We could've just about nipped this in the bud by now if what they told us was happening actually happened.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 04, 2020 11:43 am

tigerpie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I know right? Wtf! And from the land of F*cktards of all places???

How many has he infected?

Exactly, I know of a race horse was allowed to be moved from Victoria to SA a couple of weeks ago as it was classed as "essential", the owner moved him before any further restrictions were put in place.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby RB » Mon May 04, 2020 12:22 pm

Booney wrote:What if we have to show the COVID Safe app on our phones to get into the footy, get into pubs in greater numers?

The main problem would be the folks who don't have smartphones. There would have to be a couple of million in Australia who don't. Not sure they can just be turned away.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 04, 2020 12:30 pm

RB wrote:
Booney wrote:What if we have to show the COVID Safe app on our phones to get into the footy, get into pubs in greater numers?

The main problem would be the folks who don't have smartphones. There would have to be a couple of million in Australia who don't. Not sure they can just be turned away.

I think it may be higher than a couple of million based on the amount of people downloading the app.
I reckon it’s higher than we all think.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon May 04, 2020 12:41 pm

RB wrote:

... or those of us with ancient smartphones which can't run the app. 8)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Mon May 04, 2020 12:45 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
RB wrote:

I think it may be higher than a couple of million based on the amount of people downloading the app.

IIRC there's something like 9 million smart phones in Australia, as such they want around 4,000,000 people to download the app.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 04, 2020 12:46 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
RB wrote:

IIRC there's something like 9 million smart phones in Australia, as such they want around 4,000,000 people to download the app.

Closer to 7M, I think 6M was a pass mark.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon May 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
RB wrote:

There were 9.2m smart phones purchased in Australia in 2017 alone. source

There are an estimated 18.4m smart phone users in Australia in 2020. source
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 04, 2020 12:54 pm

RB wrote:

In the risk adverse society we live in there is no chance they will let us into the football by showing the app.

As Booney mentioned showing the app doesn't mean you dont have it.

One person gets in who is carrying symptoms and potentially your back into the 100's/1000's off cases by the time that person goes to the footy, comes in contact with how many ever people, they all then go out into the Adelaide nightlife, restaurants, pubs, clubs etc etc.

No chance on earth anyone is taking that risk, no risk assessment would deem it viable.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Mon May 04, 2020 1:39 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Anyone on here been tested?
I got tested on Saturday.

Friday evening I had a slight temp and a dry cough so thought it best to book an appointment with the doctor Saturday morning.
It was a Telehealth appointment due to my symptoms.
Booked in for 11.45am Saturday.
Doctor rang me at 11.30am as he said he was ahead of time(that never happens normally).

He asked me several questions which I replied No to everything but he said as you have a slight fever you need to get tested.

He said go the Repat at Daws Road and I’ll fax/email the referral through.
I live 5-10 mins away so drove there and there was 1 car there getting tested.
Got tested straight away.

A swab in the gob and one in the nostril.

They said they will SMS the results in up to 48 hours.
I was deemed low risk so had to wait the full 48 hours.

Had to isolate for those 48 hours.

They SMS this morning to say it was negative.

Thank **** for that as I need to get out and get a real coffee! :lol:

Plus I can see/hug the family again.

The whole procedure was great and managed well.
Big tick for SA Pathology.

Good result mate, and well handled. You've earned yourself a few Amber Fluid's :-BD
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon May 04, 2020 2:22 pm

4 million downloads hit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby SABRE » Mon May 04, 2020 2:32 pm

Hey gang, let’s all move to Darwin ….

The Northern Territory Government three stage roadmap.

Milestone dates are indicative only and depended upon no community transmission and people complying with the principles.
• Stage 1 - Friday 1 May
Stage 1 will commence at noon on Friday 1 May 2020.
In addition to existing places, services and facilities that are currently open, in stage one you can:
o Exercise outdoors with other people such as yoga and bootcamp.
o Participate in non-contact, non-collision outdoor sports such as athletics, golf, tennis, swimming, shooting, archery, badminton, geocaching, paddling and lawn bowls. (Note: You cannot use a clubhouse facility to consume food or drink).
o Meet up with people in outdoor areas, including gatherings like markets, weddings and funerals.
o Conduct and attend outdoor religious gatherings.
o Visit parks and reserves including campgrounds that are accessible from where you are without needing to enter a restricted area biosecurity zone.
o Swim in a lagoon at the waterfront, rivers and natural pools outside the biosecurity zones.
o Go fishing, boating, sailing with other people.
o Attend a public swimming pool, water park or recreational lake for swimming or water sports.
o Use a skate park, outdoor public playground or outdoor gym equipment.
o Conduct or attend a real estate open house inspection or a real estate auction.
o Have visitors to your home.
o You can shop at your leisure.
• Stage 2 - Friday 15 May
Stage two will commence when the Northern Territory Government decides it is safe to do so.
Stage two is anticipated to commence noon 15 May 2020.
Activities included in step two must be undertaken in less than two hours.
In stage two you can:
o Serve and consume food or beverages in a shopping centre food court.
o Operate and attend restaurants, cafes.
o Operate and attend a bar, sports or RSL club (alcohol allowed with the consumption of food), excluding gaming activities.
o Participate in organised outdoor training activities for sporting clubs and teams.
o Operate or attend an indoor market.
o Operate or attend a beauty therapy salon for (non facial) services, such as nails, massage and tanning.
o Operate or attend a studio that provides yoga, Pilates, Zumba, barre, dance classes.
o Operate or attend physical training activities indoors such as Cross Fit.
o Operate and attend a gymnasium.
o Visit a public library or a toy library, or indoor playground.
o Operate and attend a place used for religious worship.
o Attend an art gallery, museum, public memorial, public historic site, zoo or wildlife facility.
• Stage 3 - Friday 5 June
Stage three will commence when the Northern Territory government decides it is safe to do so.
Stage three is anticipated to commence noon 5 June 2020.
Prior to resuming operation all businesses and organisations to have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place. A guide will be available to assist the development of a tailored plan to apply the principles specific to each place.
In stage three you can:
o Operate all licensed gaming activities including a TAB.
o Resume officiating, participating and supporting the playing of team sports such as football, basketball, soccer and netball.
o Attend any cinema or theatre, concert hall, music hall, dance hall, nightclub or any other similar entertainment venue in approved configuration.
o Attend an amusement venue.
o Attend a bar without food being consumed.
o Operate and access all previously restricted services at a place that provides beauty therapy and/or cosmetic services including facial care.
o Operate and access all previously restricted services at a place that provides tattooing or body art such as branding and piercing.
o Attend an amusement park, community centre, recreation centre or play centre.
o Attend an arena, stadium, sporting facility including community and sporting competitions with spectators in approved seating configuration. However, if above 500 people the event requires a separately approved COVID-19 Safety Plan.
o All businesses, facilities and services previously restricted can now resume ensuring adherence to key principles.
Major events will be approved on a case by case basis.
If there is community transmission, the Northern Territory Government will seek expert health advice and put in place actions as per the Chief Health Officer Directions.

…. if we all cross the border at once, they can’t stop everyone !

;)

Luv,
Sabre.
NFC 2021
SABRE
Reserves

Been liked: 44 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 04, 2020 2:35 pm

I'd sooner get the virus than live in the NT.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Mon May 04, 2020 2:48 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'd sooner get the virus than live in the NT.

@amBays
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion