SANFL Clubs

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Clubs

Postby Alex » Mon May 04, 2020 7:26 pm

Continuing to have the magpies is probably the most cost effective version of a reserves team though. If anything it's become more desirable than pre corona when there was talk of an AFL reserves league etc
Alex

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:37 pm

Alex wrote:Continuing to have the magpies is probably the most cost effective version of a reserves team though. If anything it's become more desirable than pre corona when there was talk of an AFL reserves league etc
Port can’t afford either model currently.
They are requiring AFL bail out money to stay afloat.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brett » Mon May 04, 2020 9:07 pm

Alex wrote:Continuing to have the magpies is probably the most cost effective version of a reserves team though. If anything it's become more desirable than pre corona when there was talk of an AFL reserves league etc

Is that you LMA LOL. Mate I think you need to get up to speed with what is happening. Again Port are in financial difficulty. The AFL now control your franchise. How could it be cost-effective ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby stan » Tue May 05, 2020 7:36 am

Jim05 wrote:
Port can’t afford either model currently.
They are requiring AFL bail out money to stay afloat.
Bang on and exactly what I have been saying, no $$$ means no team. The AFL are going to find it hard to keep themselves afloat and the scrubber teams without also looking after reserve teams.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby sib » Tue May 05, 2020 1:59 pm

I can see the SANFL bailing Port out but in return they have to have no association with the PAFC in the AFl. A separate ground, membership and Admin Areas. They will have their own CSO etc. Much like it was. Players to be split between all 9 SANFL clubs. That includes the new SANFL Port.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue May 05, 2020 3:04 pm

No chance.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Alex » Tue May 05, 2020 3:14 pm

sib wrote:I can see the SANFL bailing Port out but in return they have to have no association with the PAFC in the AFl. A separate ground, membership and Admin Areas. They will have their own CSO etc. Much like it was. Players to be split between all 9 SANFL clubs. That includes the new SANFL Port.

That would be a dream come true for us Port fans who have no interest in Port power
Alex

Postby amber_fluid » Tue May 05, 2020 3:42 pm

Alex wrote:
sib wrote:I can see the SANFL bailing Port out but in return they have to have no association with the PAFC in the AFl. A separate ground, membership and Admin Areas. They will have their own CSO etc. Much like it was. Players to be split between all 9 SANFL clubs. That includes the new SANFL Port.

That would be a dream come true for us Port fans who have no interest in Port power

They should never of changed it originally.

Shut the doors of the Magpies forever please.
It’s better for all that way.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Alex » Tue May 05, 2020 7:32 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Alex wrote:

Rubbish
Alex

Postby amber_fluid » Tue May 05, 2020 7:45 pm

Alex wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Alex wrote:

Rubbish

The only thing rubbish is the power reserves players running around in magpie guernseys.

You happy with that arrangement?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Alex wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Alex wrote:

Rubbish
Not rubbish.
Port had outgrown the SANFL and wanted to play with the big boys. Should’ve been a clean break but the foolish SANFL had other ideas unfortunately
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby topshelf » Tue May 05, 2020 8:25 pm

Sounding more likely they are gone, although the crows apparently remain confident of having a side. Can't have one of them in and not the other, one out both out thanks. They are talking like it would be just for this season. That would be an absolute joke if we allow them back in after, now is the time to fix the decision made the first time.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Brett » Tue May 05, 2020 10:13 pm

topshelf wrote:Sounding more likely they are gone, although the crows apparently remain confident of having a side. Can't have one of them in and not the other, one out both out thanks. They are talking like it would be just for this season. That would be an absolute joke if we allow them back in after, now is the time to fix the decision made the first time.

Why not ? I think I heard someone say this recently? lol May not happen but .........
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Alex » Tue May 05, 2020 10:37 pm

No I'm not happy with the power reserves playing for Port Adelaide but when you love something that has become damaged or ill then I'd prefer to live in hope of repairing it rather than just give up.
Alex

Postby Alex » Tue May 05, 2020 10:46 pm

Also, Port never left the SANFL because they outgrew it. The team that went into the AFL was crows #2. Contrived meaningless AFL franchise crap that tried to feed off the Port heritage (when it suits and disown it at others). I just LOL at how the merchandise all use to say established 1997 until a few years back when suddenly they decided that they could say they are the team from 1870. Unfortunately most younger people and morons have now accepted this new revision of history.
Alex

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 06, 2020 9:34 am

Alex wrote:No I'm not happy with the power reserves playing for Port Adelaide but when you love something that has become damaged or ill then I'd prefer to live in hope of repairing it rather than just give up.

I hear what you’re saying.
I’ve lived in hope for many years as well.
But unfortunately it won’t happen.
There just isn’t the coin to support that business concept.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brett » Wed May 06, 2020 7:39 pm

With the AFL now in Ports control, I would like to know if the AFL deliberately not allow a Crows reserves team in the SANFL? It may turn out that neither franchises aren't part of it but I would not write off a 9 team competition next year. It changes quickly.
It will make it very interesting as I cant see an AFL reserves competition.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby DOC » Wed May 06, 2020 7:59 pm

Brett wrote:With the AFL now in Ports control, I would like to know if the AFL deliberately not allow a Crows reserves team in the SANFL? It may turn out that neither franchises aren't part of it but I would not write off a 9 team competition next year. It changes quickly.

That is news, Booney and LMA will be smug.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 06, 2020 8:03 pm

DOC wrote:
Brett wrote:With the AFL now in Ports control, I would like to know if the AFL deliberately not allow a Crows reserves team in the SANFL? It may turn out that neither franchises aren't part of it but I would not write off a 9 team competition next year. It changes quickly.

That is news, Booney and LMA will be more smug.

EFA ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby fish » Thu May 07, 2020 12:45 am

Centrals have now launched another fundraiser that is focussed on past players and officials, called The Dog Pack https://asf.org.au/projects/central-district-football-club/the-dog-pack/

It has raised over $15k so far including a donation from boof Lehmann :-BD
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL