North Melbourne

Talk on the national game

Re: North Melbourne

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 06, 2020 10:51 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:2nd copper now identified and has also been stood down.

Still can’t understand how Laidley can fall so far from grace.... now if it had been Ross Lyon, that I get.

It's apparently been a unspoken secret for a long time in the football circles.

Ross Lyon?? Like him or not the bloke has balls and great integrity IMO, his coaching ability isn't the greatest though it seems, has had a couple of red hot opportunities and stuffed them.

Ross said that, or are you referring to Ross Lyon??

I'm referring to Ross, he speaks his mind, even though it often makes no sense, I don't really like the bloke but he doesn't hide behind his words.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed May 06, 2020 11:05 am

The cop who took the photo isn't going to get wet lettuce treatment, no way.

Its a criminal offence. He broke the law. He couldn't even plead ignorance cause he signed off on the do's and fonts when he joined.

Now if a member of the public took it, different story.
Us mere mortals aren't held to the same standards of behavior.

A simple rule for the future maybe:

No person is to take photos while in a police station or courtroom and attach a penalty for doing so.
There's so many scenario's that make taking photos really dangerous for the cops safety and general public.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed May 06, 2020 11:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:2nd copper now identified and has also been stood down.

Still can’t understand how Laidley can fall so far from grace.... now if it had been Ross Lyon, that I get.

It's apparently been a unspoken secret for a long time in the football circles.

Ross Lyon?? Like him or not the bloke has balls and great integrity IMO, his coaching ability isn't the greatest though it seems, has had a couple of red hot opportunities and stuffed them.

Yes. It was known in his time at St. Kilda.

In terms of Toss Lyon (sic) how he ever got a 5 year extension at Freo is a complete mystery to me.... if anyone is leading a double life... its him!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby JK » Wed May 06, 2020 11:22 am

tigerpie wrote: He couldn't even plead ignorance cause he signed off on the do's and fonts when he joined.

Times New Roman?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 06, 2020 11:23 am

JK wrote:
tigerpie wrote: He couldn't even plead ignorance cause he signed off on the do's and fonts when he joined.

Times New Roman?

Don’t be silly, coppers only use sans serif.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed May 06, 2020 11:25 am

JK wrote:

Times New Roman?

Hahaha....oops :D
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby tigerpie » Wed May 06, 2020 11:27 am

amber_fluid wrote:
JK wrote:

Times New Roman?

Don’t be silly, coppers only use sans serif.

Bold shouty text only.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 06, 2020 11:35 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:No ones mentioned the person/s he stalked.
They’re the real victim in this.
Family member or not.

Alleged

Of course it is at this stage, but if true they’re the real victim, not Dean.

Dean’s got some real problems to sort out but he’s no victim in this.

depends how you look at it
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 06, 2020 11:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Spot on.
The copper will be reprimanded and given a holiday to freshen up for a couple of weeks.

The cop is going to go a row, he'll be used as a scapegoat.

I do wonder if the same would apply to Joe Bloggs if he took a photo of Laidley getting tossed into a paddy wagon.

Let's face it, what percentage of the public would take a snap if they had seen a prominent public figure in a similar circumstance? He made poor choices with his distribution.

Huge difference.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 06, 2020 11:56 am

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The cop is going to go a row, he'll be used as a scapegoat.

I do wonder if the same would apply to Joe Bloggs if he took a photo of Laidley getting tossed into a paddy wagon.

Let's face it, what percentage of the public would take a snap if they had seen a prominent public figure in a similar circumstance? He made poor choices with his distribution.

Huge difference.

I get that, he is meant to be in a position of trust, he abused his position.

After the 2004 GF I got home pissed as a parrot and then proceeded to walk to a friends house who were having a GF party, I was disorientated and went to the wrong house, I was banging on their door and then sat on their doorstep waiting for someone to answer and let me in.

Nek minnit, about 6 cop cars come flying around the corner, they got out and come running towards me and apprehended me thinking I was trying to break in, they soon realized the situation and recommended that they take me home, once home they asked the wife "does this bloke belong to you?", she obliged, we had a joke and they let me go, as they went to drive off I gave them a wave and called out "see ya next year".

About 3 months later I was in the pub and my mate who is a copper was in there, we had a couple beers and a chat and I brought up the GF day to which he replied "Yeah mate, I heard what happened, I'm not meant to say anything but now you've mentioned it I guess I can".

Apparently I was quite the comic thespian that day and they all seen the funny side of it afterwards.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 06, 2020 12:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The cop is going to go a row, he'll be used as a scapegoat.

Huge difference.

I get that, he is meant to be in a position of trust, he abused his position.

After the 2004 GF I got home pissed as a parrot and then proceeded to walk to a friends house who were having a GF party, I was disorientated and went to the wrong house, I was banging on their door and then sat on their doorstep waiting for someone to answer and let me in.

Nek minnit, about 6 cop cars come flying around the corner, they got out and come running towards me and apprehended me thinking I was trying to break in, they soon realized the situation and recommended that they take me home, once home they asked the wife "does this bloke belong to you?", she obliged, we had a joke and they let me go, as they went to drive off I gave them a wave and called out "see ya next year".

About 3 months later I was in the pub and my mate who is a copper was in there, we had a couple beers and a chat and I brought up the GF day to which he replied "Yeah mate, I heard what happened, I'm not meant to say anything but now you've mentioned it I guess I can".

Apparently I was quite the comic thespian that day and they all seen the funny side of it afterwards.

Were you all frocked up and wearing some lippy?
Or not that type of show?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 06, 2020 1:01 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Were you all frocked up and wearing some lippy?
Or not that type of show?

Na, I had been at my footy club where they reveal the mystery rounds of the footy tips, pay out the winners and put free piss on for the day. That sort of attire was often frowned upon.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 06, 2020 1:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Na, I had been at my footy club where they reveal the mystery rounds of the footy tips, pay out the winners and put free piss on for the day. That sort of attire was often frowned upon.

What the bikies at Smiffy don't like cross dressers or feminine men? :o :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Trader » Wed May 06, 2020 1:13 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Na, I had been at my footy club where they reveal the mystery rounds of the footy tips, pay out the winners and put free piss on for the day. That sort of attire was often frowned upon.

Nah the opposite, they love em, and after they've got a skinful of the free piss under their belts they unfortunately display this love a little too much. :D
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby whufc » Wed May 06, 2020 1:14 pm

Trader wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Nah the opposite, they love em, and after they've got a skinful of the free piss under their belts they unfortunately display this love a little too much. :D

Mrs Smithfield is one of the best football shows on the amateur circuit hey.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Trader » Wed May 06, 2020 1:27 pm

whufc wrote:
Trader wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Nothing like that awkward feeling when you roll into training on tuesday night and see that team mate you had a crack at on saturday night cause p155ed you thought they scrubbed up alright! haha
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 06, 2020 1:32 pm

whufc wrote:
Trader wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

That and Mad Mondays :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 06, 2020 2:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Not too many cross dressers wandering down Anderson Walk I wouldn’t have thought.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 06, 2020 2:25 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Not too many pedestrians wandering down Anderson Walk I wouldn’t have thought.

EFA*
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu May 07, 2020 1:41 pm

Veteran AFL journalist Mike Sheahan claims he’s known Dean Laidley has liked to dress in women’s clothing for over a decade, but says there was never any grounds for him, or anyone in the media, to report it.

Asked by Hawthorn legend Don Scott on the You Cannot Be Serious podcast whether he’d previously known Laidley enjoyed dressing in women’s clothing — and how long he’d known for — Sheahan said: “Yep … I’m guessing maybe 10 to 12 years.”

“It’s sad isn’t it … (but) it’s not about being a cross-dresser, he’s facing serious criminal charges,” Sheahan said.

“His situation is sad. But the issue about whether he’s a cross-dresser – and it was 10 or 12 years ago – if he’s not breaking any law … why would you write about it? And how is it in the public interest?”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL