New Footy Season Format Options for 2020

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Footy Season Format Options for 2020

Postby zedman » Thu May 07, 2020 10:35 am

cracka wrote:Wondering on the off chance no footy gets played this year. What happens with the points system. Will all points just stay the same for next year e.g. a 3 point player recruited this year is 3 points next year or will a 3 point player this year only be 2 points next year if he stays at the same club

drop 1 point as per normal..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1078 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Buddys wife » Thu May 07, 2020 10:39 am

So you have the coach and 9 blokes on the oval that’s the limit. what happens if 4 kids decide to to come down to kick the soccer ball around, are you breaking the rules.
Buddys wife

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 07, 2020 10:49 am

Well i'll be honest, we went back to training in groups of 10, spread across multiple ovals.

Tuesday night when I rocked up there would've been as many people around as a normal Feb evening - athletics, soccer, football all training and regular people going for their own run.

Mitigate the risks the best you can, stick to the guidelines and whilst you cant stop other people doing what they want, if they're doing the right things and also keeping their own distance then surely the risk is minimal?

A little different given we train in the parklands and their is a vast amount of space to use compared to a regular oval.

I know for a fact we aren't the only club who have gone back to some form of modified training.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby zedman » Thu May 07, 2020 10:57 am

Buddys wife wrote:So you have the coach and 9 blokes on the oval that’s the limit. what happens if 4 kids decide to to come down to kick the soccer ball around, are you breaking the rules.

ask sapol..
zedman
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 07, 2020 11:05 am

The Bedge wrote:Well i'll be honest, we went back to training in groups of 10, spread across multiple ovals.

Tuesday night when I rocked up there would've been as many people around as a normal Feb evening - athletics, soccer, football all training and regular people going for their own run.

Mitigate the risks the best you can, stick to the guidelines and whilst you cant stop other people doing what they want, if they're doing the right things and also keeping their own distance then surely the risk is minimal?

A little different given we train in the parklands and their is a vast amount of space to use compared to a regular oval.

I know for a fact we aren't the only club who have gone back to some form of modified training.

Well you are going against the Community Football Policy by training, its very clear that no organised training can commence until 31/5/20
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Sass! » Thu May 07, 2020 11:11 am

Id be interested to hear what other clubs have been doing to keep their members engaged over the past 6 weeks. Whether it just be touching base with everyone or to raise some money for the club itself.

We've been running a few online events such as a Friday Members Lucky wheel and recently a Last Person Standing type event which was streamed through Facebook live. We've been getting great feedback and people have been jumping at the chance to grab a ticket to these things, so much so that we are regularly selling out the allocated numbers in a day or two.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 07, 2020 11:12 am

Dutchy wrote:Well you are going against the Community Football Policy by training, its very clear that no organised training can commence until 31/5/20

I'm going off the information provided from the CEO of the AdFL based off advice received from SAPOL.

That'll do for me.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Thu May 07, 2020 11:33 am

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Well you are going against the Community Football Policy by training, its very clear that no organised training can commence until 31/5/20

I'm going off the information provided from the CEO of the AdFL based off advice received from SAPOL.

That'll do for me.

You can start the modified training from next Tuesday in groups of 10 only which include the coach
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 07, 2020 11:34 am

Bluedemon wrote:You can start the modified training from next Tuesday in groups of 10 only which include the coach

Where did you pull that date from?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby bomber14 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:49 am

Dutchy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Well i'll be honest, we went back to training in groups of 10, spread across multiple ovals.

Well you are going against the Community Football Policy by training, its very clear that no organised training can commence until 31/5/20

From Tom Hurley's (head of community football) update on Monday:
"As a result of low levels of COVID-19 transmissions, outdoor community sport in South Australia is currently at ‘Level B’ under the AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport, allowing non-contact group training of no more than 10 people (including coaches/staff) once specific protocols are approved by State Government."

Pretty clear that you can return to training with 10 or less. That 31/5/20 date was a suspension of games and normal, full team trainings.
bomber14
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 07, 2020 11:54 am

bomber14 wrote:From Tom Hurley's (head of community football) update on Monday:
"As a result of low levels of COVID-19 transmissions, outdoor community sport in South Australia is currently at ‘Level B’ under the AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport, allowing non-contact group training of no more than 10 people (including coaches/staff) once specific protocols are approved by State Government."

Pretty clear that you can return to training with 10 or less. That 31/5/20 date was a suspension of games and normal, full team trainings.

this guy.PNG
this guy.PNG (550.25 KiB) Viewed 3764 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 07, 2020 12:23 pm

bomber14 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Has this been approved?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 07, 2020 12:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:
bomber14 wrote:

Has this been approved?

I'll check on Facebook, all the wizards are on there.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby laser » Thu May 07, 2020 12:33 pm

So, when do we mow the oval, put up goal posts and mark the oval? (I use this site as a verified genuine source of truth btw)
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby zedman » Thu May 07, 2020 12:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:
bomber14 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Has this been approved?

isnt sapol the state govt?
zedman
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 07, 2020 12:53 pm

Maybe Dutchy is awaiting a personalised letter from the Premier to the Flaggys footy club. :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Ill take that as a no.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 07, 2020 1:11 pm

Buddys wife wrote:So you have the coach and 9 blokes on the oval that’s the limit. what happens if 4 kids decide to to come down to kick the soccer ball around, are you breaking the rules.

Surely 10 blokes can beat up 4 kids.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby bomber14 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:18 pm

laser wrote:So, when do we mow the oval, put up goal posts and mark the oval? (I use this site as a verified genuine source of truth btw)

I only get my information from the most trusted source, the South Australian Footballer of course.
bomber14
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby tigerpie » Thu May 07, 2020 1:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Surely 10 blokes can beat up 4 kids.

Social distancing won't allow it.
Could throw rocks at them maybe?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League