Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby football tragic » Thu May 07, 2020 2:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
football tragic wrote:If our state continue on the trend of 0 cases by early June would mean over 40 days of 0 cases and as stated by several Health Authorities once you get to 28 days you can say its eliminated, Obviously once border restrictions ease that can change but I cannot see that changing for a few months.
So if we are to continue our current 0 cases I wouldn't see why crowds of under 500 wouldn't be allowed at country football venues with social distancing, However there would be smaller limits inside the club rooms.
I still think he best model would be the 14 rounds with a sat/sun final series

With only 3% of the population tested I wouldn't say it's been eliminated, we are far better than anywhere else in the world it seems though considering we've offered testing for anyone that feels a need to be tested, but let's face it, at the best of times most blokes could be near dying and still can't be bothered going to the doctor.

Keep the borders closed IMO, although I reckon that's a crock of shit too, people are still moving freely across borders.

I don't think it matters if there's 500 or 1000 people, at most APFL games the crowd is pretty scattered and a lot watch from their car or in front of, but yeah, if they only have external bars and canteens it would stop people breaking social distancing protocols.

yeh agree totally

14 rounds would be the ideal number, as I've mentioned before, it would be good to squeeze in a midweek game or two aswell to if possible, it really only needs to be for the A Grade, just to get it to a 14 round season.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby magpieeagle » Thu May 07, 2020 5:55 pm

With only 3% of the population tested I wouldn't say it's been eliminated, we are far better than anywhere else in the world it seems though considering we've offered testing for anyone that feels a need to be tested, but let's face it, at the best of times most blokes could be near dying and still can't be bothered going to the doctor.

Keep the borders closed IMO, although I reckon that's a crock of shit too, people are still moving freely across borders.

I don't think it matters if there's 500 or 1000 people, at most APFL games the crowd is pretty scattered and a lot watch from their car or in front of, but yeah, if they only have external bars and canteens it would stop people breaking social distancing protocols.
New case recorded in SA today so restrictions are going to go longer :(

yeh agree totally

14 rounds would be the ideal number, as I've mentioned before, it would be good to squeeze in a midweek game or two aswell to if possible, it really only needs to be for the A Grade, just to get it to a 14 round season.[/quote][/quote]

New case recorded today in SA so restrictions are going to go on longer :(
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby football tragic » Thu May 07, 2020 6:23 pm

magpieeagle wrote:With only 3% of the population tested I wouldn't say it's been eliminated, we are far better than anywhere else in the world it seems though considering we've offered testing for anyone that feels a need to be tested, but let's face it, at the best of times most blokes could be near dying and still can't be bothered going to the doctor.

New case recorded in SA today so restrictions are going to go longer :(

yeh agree totally

14 rounds would be the ideal number, as I've mentioned before, it would be good to squeeze in a midweek game or two aswell to if possible, it really only needs to be for the A Grade, just to get it to a 14 round season.
[/quote]

New case recorded today in SA so restrictions are going to go on longer :([/quote]

they are expecting small amounts of cases so wont effect the decisions
football tragic
Rookie

Postby magpieeagle » Fri May 08, 2020 11:47 am

Talking about hopefully training will return next week, but only in small groups and no use of changerooms or showers, will it work?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri May 08, 2020 12:41 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Talking about hopefully training will return next week, but only in small groups and no use of changerooms or showers, will it work?

No. Direction has come from the league today through the cfl that no clubs are not allowed to train until after May 31. There will be an announcement if this is pushed back to a later date. Football doesn't yet have limited approval to train in small groups as some other non contact sports do.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Hazbeen » Sat May 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Talking about hopefully training will return next week, but only in small groups and no use of changerooms or showers, will it work?

No. Direction has come from the league today through the cfl that no clubs are not allowed to train until after May 31. There will be an announcement if this is pushed back to a later date. Football doesn't yet have limited approval to train in small groups as some other non contact sports do.

Details have been sent to clubs today with strict guidelines to allow training to commence from the week commencing May 18th. All leagues will be involved in a SANFL video link up Tuesday night to give more details.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby football tragic » Tue May 12, 2020 10:01 am

Things continually changing and with our great run of only 1 case in three weeks the pressure will keep being put on to open things earlier than the June 8th lift of more restrictions. It will be more a case of the APFL hopefully doing the work behind the scenes both with the board and the clubs to ensure they are ready to go once green light goes on IMO.
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 12, 2020 10:29 am

football tragic wrote:Things continually changing and with our great run of only 1 case in three weeks the pressure will keep being put on to open things earlier than the June 8th lift of more restrictions. It will be more a case of the APFL hopefully doing the work behind the scenes both with the board and the clubs to ensure they are ready to go once green light goes on IMO.

I'm still thinking a July start at best, if there's no spectators allowed though there will be no start.

I personally don't see the point of capping spectator numbers if they are allowing 42 players x4 to run around the field tackling each other, the possible spread of infection would be far higher on the field than off the field.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby football tragic » Tue May 12, 2020 10:52 am

Lots of people thinking a July start however I disagree as that is 8 weeks away and there is no way the Powers to be would be thinking junior football would be training for a start date 8 weeks away. I believe they would be preparing a 4 week date starting mid June. In relation to crowds I think for first few rounds it may players and direct family members who can attend but come July back to bigger numbers in this state anyway.
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 12, 2020 11:13 am

football tragic wrote:Lots of people thinking a July start however I disagree as that is 8 weeks away and there is no way the Powers to be would be thinking junior football would be training for a start date 8 weeks away. I believe they would be preparing a 4 week date starting mid June. In relation to crowds I think for first few rounds it may players and direct family members who can attend but come July back to bigger numbers in this state anyway.

Clubs simply cannot survive without spectators, at least juniors operate at minimal costs but insurance, medical supplies, affiliation fees, umpires etc. make it difficult for senior footy, clubs money coming in from somewhere, and then there's player payments.

I hope you're right but I'd be very reluctant to think that football would be played before pubs are open again, it is the sport with the most contact imaginable, once they lift the lid there will be around 8000 senior mens footballers playing on a Saturday in the AdFL alone, then you can start tallying the country leagues, the state and the community football board would want to be totally convinced that the pandemic is no longer in existence.

Here's to hoping anyway, just a shame that we're unlikely to have a few decent warmish days to start the season off before hitting the freezing temps.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby football tragic » Thu May 21, 2020 2:28 pm

Any updated from the APFL in relation to potential start dates etc
I did heard they were meeting mid June to discuss which sounds absurd and too late.
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 21, 2020 2:39 pm

football tragic wrote:Any updated from the APFL in relation to potential start dates etc
I did heard they were meeting mid June to discuss which sounds absurd and too late.

Hi everyone,

As per email sent out to all clubs on Friday last week we have scheduled a meeting to decide on whether a season can happen, for the 15th June. The surrounding leagues NEFL, YPFL, NAFA etc have also scheduled a similar meeting.

See attached press release from Tom Hurley, we will be meeting with all League Presidents and Secretaries on the Tuesday prior to receive whatever info is available at that time.

Rest assured we will not be moving forward with a season proper unless it can be financially viable to do so, and that will require spectator involvement. Some neighbouring Netball Associations have already made the call to not have a season. There are other factors which are adding to the influencing of those decisions. I have asked APNA to delay their call till 15th June in line with our meeting date, I believe they will meet this Thursday to discuss.

As information emerges over coming weeks we will have more certainty, we have drawn a line in the sand and will make our call on 15th June.

Happy to discuss with clubs should they have any further input before our Leagues President meeting on 9th June.

Please be patient, we will have a decision before too much longer.

Stay Safe and well
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Number7 » Thu May 21, 2020 3:49 pm

Thanks for the update.
Number7

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby football tragic » Fri May 22, 2020 12:46 pm

Clubs should start preparing for an early July start
By now we all know a canteen will be open during games and crowds will be allowed perhaps at a reduced level but more than likely not.
There maybe limits on capacity in club rooms but easy enough to work with.
The grey area will be player payments but as a club if you haven't spoken to your paid players to see where they sit then perhaps be better organised as things are happening quick and everyone has had plenty of time over the last few weeks for theses discussions to happen.
I know a lot of clubs have tucked there sponsors in to a reduced sponsorship calculated on games played and are still giving them plenty of advertising space on the face book pages.
Heard 4 sides trained last night in the APFL in preparation
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Number7 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:21 pm

That's great news, hopefully an official announcement will be made soon.
Number7

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 22, 2020 1:25 pm

Number7 wrote:That's great news, hopefully an official announcement will be made soon.

I didn't think it seemed that promising.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri May 22, 2020 1:38 pm

football tragic wrote:Clubs should start preparing for an early July start
By now we all know a canteen will be open during games and crowds will be allowed perhaps at a reduced level but more than likely not.
The grey area will be player payments but as a club if you haven't spoken to your paid players to see where they sit then perhaps be better organised as things are happening quick and everyone has had plenty of time over the last few weeks for theses discussions to happen.
I know a lot of clubs have tucked there sponsors in to a reduced sponsorship calculated on games played and are still giving them plenty of advertising space on the face book pages.

The July start is purely speculation. That would mean the SANFL would be in a position to give leagues the green light at the 15 June meeting (3 weeks), and leagues would only agree to do so at that meeting if normal (not reduced) crowds are guaranteed. I doubt we will be at the stage of no restrictions in three weeks.

Also, which four clubs trained last night?? Two Wells and Mallala reportedly starting next week and United are holding off until early June.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri May 22, 2020 1:52 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

The July start is purely speculation - we won't be starting then. That would mean the SANFL would be in a position to give leagues the green light at the 15 June meeting (3 weeks), and leagues would only agree to do so at that meeting if normal (not reduced) crowds are guaranteed. We won't be at the stage of no restrictions in three weeks.

Also, which four clubs trained last night?? Two Wells and Mallala reportedly starting next week and United are holding off until early June.

And which clubs have reduced sponsorships in accordance with games played? You said a lot so I'm assuming that's a majority so more than 5 clubs have done this?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

The July start is purely speculation. That would mean the SANFL would be in a position to give leagues the green light at the 15 June meeting (3 weeks), and leagues would only agree to do so at that meeting if normal (not reduced) crowds are guaranteed. I doubt we will be at the stage of no restrictions in three weeks.

He said "sides" ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby football tragic » Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

I know Angle Vale and virginia trained 100% the other 2 I was told was Hamley and Balak but those 2 not 100%.
football tragic
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy