Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 08, 2020 12:49 pm

Jim05 wrote:It’s not magically located, they would know exactly where it is located and their data base can pinpoint which ULD it’s in and which depot. Plenty of freight has been arriving and it’s sitting at the various PDC’s dotted around the place. If you complain or put in a request they will normally be able to get it for you.

This is what I don't get though, isn't that the point of track and trace - so you can see where it's sitting and what processing facility its at? Clearly something isn't working properly.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby heater31 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:07 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Jim05 wrote:It’s not magically located, they would know exactly where it is located and their data base can pinpoint which ULD it’s in and which depot. Plenty of freight has been arriving and it’s sitting at the various PDC’s dotted around the place. If you complain or put in a request they will normally be able to get it for you.

This is what I don't get though, isn't that the point of track and trace - so you can see where it's sitting and what processing facility its at? Clearly something isn't working properly.
Yep website has no information at all where it is at. To me that item is lost! Yet once the complaint is recieved they quickly update the tracker and schedule a delivery.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:10 pm

The Bedge wrote:

They don’t want you to know where it’s located to avoid the customer stampede. If everyone could see which PDC their freight is in you would have everyone down at the depot trying to collect their freight. Staff at AP have a different computer program that tells them where the freight is and is far more detailed that what you see on the track and trace website. Each ULD holds between 100-900kg of freight and all PDC’s have 150 or more full ULD’s currently. They don’t want to have to source which ULD it’s in and then sort through the parcels in each one (could be 500-1000 in each ULD)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stampy » Fri May 08, 2020 4:52 pm

rang my council about them pruning this big eucalypt on the footpath as it affecting my solar panel output, the guy says "we dont prune because of panels" FAR COUGH!
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 333 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri May 08, 2020 4:54 pm

stampy wrote:rang my council about them pruning this big eucalypt on the footpath as it affecting my solar panel output, the guy says "we dont prune because of panels" FAR COUGH!

because they're lazy or because they don't want to be responsible for breaking your solar panels, so you have to do it yourself?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Trader » Fri May 08, 2020 4:59 pm

stampy wrote:rang my council about them pruning this big eucalypt on the footpath as it affecting my solar panel output, the guy says "we dont prune because of panels" FAR COUGH!

Ringing the council is asking for the bloke who has to do the work to agree to do more work.

Ringing your ward councilior is asking the bloke who needs your vote to get reelected next time round.

Which one do you think is more likely to help?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Hazbeen » Fri May 08, 2020 5:52 pm

The job keeper payment is a great initiative to give people like myself some form of income while stood down. Gone from 80 hours a fortnight down to the job keeper payment which equates to about 70% of my previous wage. No worries, we've made some adjustments and can get by until I'm back at full income. The are the things that we had to do to survive.

Next minute I find out that everyone gets the same money so people that before the stand downs might of been juniors or people only working 10 to 20 hours are getting the same money as the rest of us full timers and are now earning 300% more than before. Absolute crap!!!!!!!
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 08, 2020 5:55 pm

Yep, we have someone who does 4 hours a week on a Saturday that is now getting the $750 per week
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stampy » Fri May 08, 2020 6:43 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

because they're lazy or because they don't want to be responsible for breaking your solar panels, so you have to do it yourself?

its on council land, i cant touch it
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby stampy » Fri May 08, 2020 6:44 pm

Trader wrote:

Ringing the council is asking for the bloke who has to do the work to agree to do more work.

Ringing your ward councilior is asking the bloke who needs your vote to get reelected next time round.

Which one do you think is more likely to help?

cheers for the advice
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 08, 2020 7:11 pm

Hazbeen wrote:The job keeper payment is a great initiative to give people like myself some form of income while stood down. Gone from 80 hours a fortnight down to the job keeper payment which equates to about 70% of my previous wage. No worries, we've made some adjustments and can get by until I'm back at full income. The are the things that we had to do to survive.

Next minute I find out that everyone gets the same money so people that before the stand downs might of been juniors or people only working 10 to 20 hours are getting the same money as the rest of us full timers and are now earning 300% more than before. Absolute crap!!!!!!!

Gee rough times mate.
I've got the same problem with people that work at my pub (as do about 2 million other workers laid off), I get $0 pf and people that worked less hours than me also get $0 pf. I really feel for you though.
Yeah Job Keepers is a fantastic intiative, really thought through well.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:The job keeper payment is a great initiative to give people like myself some form of income while stood down. Gone from 80 hours a fortnight down to the job keeper payment which equates to about 70% of my previous wage. No worries, we've made some adjustments and can get by until I'm back at full income. The are the things that we had to do to survive.

Gee rough times mate.
I've got the same problem with people that work at my pub (as do about 2 million other workers laid off), I get $0 pf and people that worked less hours than me also get $0 pf. I really feel for you though.
Wouldn’t they be entitled to Job Seeker payments then?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 08, 2020 7:32 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Gee rough times mate.

Depends on their spouse’s income.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2516 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 08, 2020 7:36 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Gee rough times mate.

No (and spouse's income is irrelvent with Job Keepers, amber is wrong there. Partner's income is only relevent to Job Seekers Payment)
Something like 2 million workers can't get Job Keepers Payment for various reasons.
For 12k workers who are in my company its because our pubs are deemed the same business as Woolies. Over a million of others are missing out for the same reason because of where they were born or they weren't in the same job for 12 months which is quite common.

But you still get people whinging because they "only" get the same as others in their company, ie $1500 pf gross.

Personally I'm fine (and saving money) but I feel for a lot of my fellow workers who are in deep shit thanks to the government's stupid exclusivity of some workers.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 08, 2020 7:42 pm

My post about spouse’s income was about job seeker not job keeper.
Job seeker payment is still reliant on spouses income isn’t it?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2516 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 08, 2020 8:04 pm

amber_fluid wrote:My post about spouse’s income was about job seeker not job keeper.
Job seeker payment is still reliant on spouses income isn’t it?

Yes, I explained that.

Edit: Apologies amber and Jim, too many Friday beers and confusion between Job Keepers and Job Seekers!
Amber's right, unlike Job Keepers the Job Seekers has a lot of other things dependent on it like asset and income tests (its basically the old Newstart Allowance aka Unemployment Benefit). And no, most of the 2 million aren't eligible for it or anything else due to various reasons.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby RustyCage » Sat May 09, 2020 11:38 am

Waking up to find someone has put holes in tyres of about 5 cars in our street overnight
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Corona Man » Sun May 10, 2020 11:07 am

Getting a tooth pulled. Feel like a Collingwood supporter.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3484 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Magellan » Sun May 10, 2020 12:02 pm

Corona Man wrote:Getting a tooth pulled. Feel like a Collingwood supporter.

Nah, the gaps in their smiles aren't caused by dentists. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Corona Man » Sun May 10, 2020 12:39 pm

Magellan wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Getting a tooth pulled. Feel like a Collingwood supporter.

Nah, the gaps in their smiles aren't caused by dentists. ;)

In worse news they told me after pulling the tooth.... no grog for 2 days!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3484 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion