Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

by Apachebulldog » Tue May 12, 2020 11:06 am

Corona Man wrote:
tipper wrote:Mate, plandemic has already been thoroughly debunked. Its completely horse shit, so please stop sharing it around.

And i dont think you understand what "free speech" means, and what rules you have to follow on a private businesses website.

But whatever, keep peddling your madeup bullshit as facts

Here ya go apache, a link debunking plandemic, and its not from the msm

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 7213078014

Lets see you claim everything in there is fake news ot something

So the 283K dead is fake news too.... fantastic.

Tin Foil Hats!

Finally have a chance to respond to ya comment

Great to see a fellow stats man.

Let me preface by saying any death due to this FLu or under any other circumstance is not nice.

However 283,000 deaths from the FLU when the current world population of almost 7.9 BILLION when you do the percentages very miniscule.

Around 6,000 people die around the world every hour.

I have downloaded a link to some old stats of deaths around the world and causes.

All very interesting stats

So at this point in time this FLU say if ya add your stat to this list its around half way down the list

Very interesting stats.

So with nearly 8 Billion people on the planet very low numbers.

Cheers

https://ourworldindata.org/causes-of-death
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

by JK » Tue May 12, 2020 11:22 am

Apachebulldog wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
tipper wrote:Mate, plandemic has already been thoroughly debunked. Its completely horse shit, so please stop sharing it around.

And i dont think you understand what "free speech" means, and what rules you have to follow on a private businesses website.

But whatever, keep peddling your madeup bullshit as facts

Here ya go apache, a link debunking plandemic, and its not from the msm

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 7213078014

Lets see you claim everything in there is fake news ot something

So the 283K dead is fake news too.... fantastic.

Tin Foil Hats!

Finally have a chance to respond to ya comment

Great to see a fellow stats man.

Let me preface by saying any death due to this FLu or under any other circumstance is not nice.

However 283,000 deaths from the FLU when the current world population of almost 7.9 BILLION when you do the percentages very miniscule.

Around 6,000 people die around the world every hour.

The world doesn't get shut down for any other medical condition, imagine how much higher the CoVid death toll would be if it played out with society just going about it's business?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

by Lightning McQueen » Tue May 12, 2020 11:32 am

JK wrote:
The world doesn't get shut down for any other medical condition, imagine how much higher the CoVid death toll would be if it played out with society just going about it's business?

That's the part that none of us are getting.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

by JK » Tue May 12, 2020 11:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

I think it was always going to happen mate. As I've said before, our nation can only see what HAS transpired, not what MIGHT have. The tinfoil theories can be annoying at times, but that's part and parcel of having navigated the outbreak so well. This is the best scenario in terms of health (and economy imho, but appreciate personal views will differ on that one).

The worst case scenario is one fewer people consider.
FUSC
JK
Coach

by Armchair expert » Tue May 12, 2020 11:46 am

"Is the coronavirus disease more severe than the flu?
COVID-19 causes more severe disease than seasonal influenza.

While many people globally have built up immunity to seasonal flu strains, COVID-19 is a new virus to which no one has immunity. That means more people are susceptible to infection, and some will suffer severe disease.

Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected."
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

by Lightning McQueen » Tue May 12, 2020 11:51 am

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

I think it was always going to happen mate. As I've said before, our nation can only see what HAS transpired, not what MIGHT have. The tinfoil theories can be annoying at times, but that's part and parcel of having navigated the outbreak so well. This is the best scenario in terms of health (and economy imho, but appreciate personal views will differ on that one).

My views and thoughts have varied immensely during this time, I haven't delved too much into it and I just basically listen to and follow what the health experts tell us.

My main concern is my mum, when the flu hits her it smashes her, so far we've had to go without a proper Easter, a proper Mothers Day and it's her birthday coming up, she still works but we've all decided it's best to just keep our distance in this point of time.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by JK » Tue May 12, 2020 11:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:My views and thoughts have varied immensely during this time, I haven't delved too much into it and I just basically listen to and follow what the health experts tell us.

My main concern is my mum, when the flu hits her it smashes her, so far we've had to go without a proper Easter, a proper Mothers Day and it's her birthday coming up, she still works but we've all decided it's best to just keep our distance in this point of time.

Yeah it's not easy going without time around loved ones mate, but you're doing the right thing. Social Distancing has been the greatest preventative measure through this whole thing.
FUSC
JK
Coach

by Apachebulldog » Tue May 12, 2020 1:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

My views and thoughts have varied immensely during this time, I haven't delved too much into it and I just basically listen to and follow what the health experts tell us.

Totally concur with your sentiments.

My views have also changed over the last few months.

Like you my mum is 87 and we have been following all the recommended protocols.

So from this comment you will realise I am an oldie as well and at risk of getting the WU HU FLU.

So as I have been saying when you follow the stats its mainly the oldies like me who are at risk and will possibly die.

95 to 97% of people with this flu have mild symptoms and get over it.

All we hear and see in the MSM is negativity fear death destruction alarmism sensationalism etc

We live in an era of unprecedented access to all sorts of information something in my young days I did not have.

I watch CNN NSBC BBC ABC FOX NEWS and heaps of other alternative sites on the WWW they all push different agendas.

There is a lot of misinformation and disinformation from every where most have counter arguments.

So its up to each individual to listen have an open mind analyse ask questions and then make up there own mind in what to believe .

After all this is over we can run the stats again and my guess is in the overall scheme of things health wise maybe this Flu could be little bit worse than Influenza A and B.

Economically it will be an absolute DISASTER.

In the end the stats will tell the story.

Cheers.

Cheers
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

by Lightning McQueen » Tue May 12, 2020 2:08 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:

Totally concur with your sentiments.

My views have also changed over the last few months.

Like you my mum is 87 and we have been following all the recommended protocols.

So from this comment you will realise I am an oldie as well and at risk of getting the WU HU FLU.

So as I have been saying when you follow the stats its mainly the oldies like me who are at risk and will possibly die.

95 to 97% of people with this flu have mild symptoms and get over it.

All we hear and see in the MSM is negativity fear death destruction alarmism sensationalism etc

We live in an era of unprecedented access to all sorts of information something in my young days I did not have.

I watch CNN NSBC BBC ABC FOX NEWS and heaps of other alternative sites on the WWW they all push different agendas.

There is a lot of misinformation and disinformation from every where most have counter arguments.

So its up to each individual to listen have an open mind analyse ask questions and then make up there own mind in what to believe .

After all this is over we can run the stats again and my guess is in the overall scheme of things health wise maybe this Flu could be little bit worse than Influenza A and B.

Economically it will be an absolute DISASTER.

In the end the stats will tell the tur story.

Cheers.

Cheers

It probably has a higher mortality rate than the general flu with a higher level of contagiousness too?

It probably is sensationalized as it is new and there is no vaccine as yet.

Although I don't agree with your views, I do understand where you are coming from and the explanation you just gave made more sense to me, each to their own.

It's the same as "daisy", part of me shakes my head and part understands his philosophy of "let the games begin" and see what happens, I can be a bit of a fence sitter on this as I want society to get back to normal but I don't want it to come at a price, I also only want one lockdown as I fear another will be like 12 months.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by The Bedge » Tue May 12, 2020 8:41 pm

Can someone please explain to me this?

Travellers into SA:

Essential - 15, 690
Total - 31, 656

I thought there were bans on travelling into the state?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

by Booney » Tue May 12, 2020 8:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:Can someone please explain to me this?

Travellers into SA:

Essential - 15, 690
Total - 31, 656

Since what date?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

by The Bedge » Tue May 12, 2020 8:47 pm

Booney wrote:Since what date?

travellers.PNG
travellers.PNG (22.43 KiB) Viewed 802 times
The Bedge
Coach

by Jim05 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:53 pm

The Bedge wrote:Can someone please explain to me this?

Travellers into SA:

Essential - 15, 690
Total - 31, 656

No bans travelling into state but unless you are deemed as Essential you must serve the 14 day quarantine or 14 day self isolation
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

by Bandit » Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 pm

Bet my left nut the next SA cluster will come from one of these interstate travellers who are supposed to be self quarantining for 14 days.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

by stan » Tue May 12, 2020 9:47 pm

Bandit wrote:Bet my left nut the next SA cluster will come from one of these interstate travellers who are supposed to be self quarantining for 14 days.
Yep, my thoughts are that Victoria will create there own 2nd wave now with the easing in restrictions and still having more cases each day. Another 15 to say.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

by The Bedge » Wed May 13, 2020 8:42 am

Jim05 wrote:No bans travelling into state but unless you are deemed as Essential you must serve the 14 day quarantine or 14 day self isolation

Outrageous haha!

"Borders are in lockdown, no one may leave or enter each state except essential workers, unless you're not essential then you can still come in anyway but must quarantine for 14 days - or don't isolate if you don't want to." :lol:
Last edited by The Bedge on Wed May 13, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Wed May 13, 2020 9:06 am

The Bedge wrote:

travellers.PNG

Don't anger me this early.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Mr Beefy » Wed May 13, 2020 9:19 am

Bandit wrote:Bet my left nut the next SA cluster will come from one of these interstate travellers who are supposed to be self quarantining for 14 days.

Like the crows players in the Barossa? People bang on about them training together but they were supposed to bein quarantine not doing anything
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

by FlyingHigh » Wed May 13, 2020 9:46 am

The Bedge wrote:

travellers.PNG

Depends on the definition of essential and non-essential. Is essential only those bringing food and supplies into SA?

Are all those who came back from overseas essential? The Crows and Port players who came back from interstate?

Got a mate who lives interstate and had a family emergency here. He was allowed in, at the airport was asked some questions about what he had been doing, and they contacted the hospital to ensure it was all legit. He was assessed as low-risk and allowed in without 14-days isolation but could only go between the hospital and the family home. Essential or not?
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

by MW » Wed May 13, 2020 9:50 am

Mr Beefy wrote:

Like the crows players in the Barossa? People bang on about them training together but they were supposed to bein quarantine not doing anything

Settle down, the crows players were not in the public they were amongst themselves all quarantined.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion