Netflix

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Netflix

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 12, 2020 1:34 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The missus has been trying to get me to watch it, she reckons it would be up my alley, it's been a bit slow moving what I have seen so far but there's been some seriously funny bits, the bit where he tries yoga was hilarious.

I enjoyed it, had enough laughs for me - not gut busting stuff but solid giggles.

I just hate watching TV at home, her kids talk like they're yelling down the street and they are forever watching youtube on their phones with the volume up full boar.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Tue May 12, 2020 2:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The missus has been trying to get me to watch it, she reckons it would be up my alley, it's been a bit slow moving what I have seen so far but there's been some seriously funny bits, the bit where he tries yoga was hilarious.

I enjoyed it, had enough laughs for me - not gut busting stuff but solid giggles.

I just hate watching TV at home, her kids talk like they're yelling down the street and they are forever watching youtube on their phones with the volume up full boar.

Sounds like my kids :oops:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 12, 2020 2:19 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I just hate watching TV at home, her kids talk like they're yelling down the street and they are forever watching youtube on their phones with the volume up full boar.

It's bullshit, mine are 17 and 20, I'm just a mean prick if I say something.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue May 12, 2020 2:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I just hate watching TV at home, her kids talk like they're yelling down the street and they are forever watching youtube on their phones with the volume up full boar.

It's bullshit, mine are 17 and 20, I'm just a mean prick if I say something.

We spoiled our kids for too long, trying to scale things back nowadays but it's not easy once they've started down this path.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 12, 2020 3:20 pm

JK wrote:We spoiled our kids for too long, trying to scale things back nowadays but it's not easy once they've started down this path.

I arrived too late, it's f****** hard man, f******* hard!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue May 12, 2020 5:24 pm

LMA wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Just got through the 1st season of Homeland, worth persisting?

That show just gets weirder and weirder but go your hardest

Yeah I loved the 1st couple of seasons, was my fav show, but then jumped the shark pretty quickly.

I thought it maintained a consistent level and thought the last 2 seasons, 7 & 8, were as good as any of them. Need to be in the mood to concentrate though.

Thanks all, I'll persist for a while & see how it goes. Have given up on a few series over the years when they jump.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 13, 2020 9:34 am

The timing of the release of the Last Dance is interesting, given the loss of Bryant, but, what I think it has done for those watching it is it has reaffirmed that Michael Jordan is unquestionably the greatest. He is the one and only GOAT. Not Nathan Lyon.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby MW » Wed May 13, 2020 9:49 am

Booney wrote:The timing of the release of the Last Dance is interesting, given the loss of Bryant, but, what I think it has done for those watching it is it has reaffirmed that Michael Jordan is unquestionably the greatest. He is the one and only GOAT. Not Nathan Lyon.

I think the timing is more interesting with the debate of how is the GOAT vs LeBron...from what I heard they brought it forward cause of the COVID situation in that more people would be watching netflix?
but finally this generation can see how great MJ was so they can appreciate that he clearly is the GOAT
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed May 13, 2020 9:51 am

Booney wrote:The timing of the release of the Last Dance is interesting, given the loss of Bryant, but, what I think it has done for those watching it is it has reaffirmed that Michael Jordan is unquestionably the greatest. He is the one and only GOAT. Not Nathan Lyon.
Absolutely.
I watched episode 7 Monday and then 8 last night, I've been glued to it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10325 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Wed May 13, 2020 10:08 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Absolutely.

The end of Ep 7 when they were talking about how his teammates viewed him.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed May 13, 2020 10:31 am

Booney wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Absolutely.

The end of Ep 7 when they were talking about how his teammates viewed him.....

Yep, interesting revelations. It's a professional environment, so I guess he's not there to make buddies, but to perform and help others to do the same.

That said, training sounded more like a hazing ritual. Jordan's intent was genuine in toughening up the players, and I think he's lucky that (a) those whom he applied pressure to responded to his lofty status in the game and accepted it as necessary, and (b) the ends ultimately justified the means with championship success. Not sure how Rodman would've responded to it, I suspect he wasn't subject to the same barrages. Not everyone responds positively and in the same way to sustained intense personal criticism, which is why rant-and-rave coaching styles of blokes like Barassi have gone with the wind.

Also, Pippen's playoff dummy spit.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 13, 2020 10:36 am

Absolutely, if the guy is leading you to a three-peat you put up with his shit, particularly if you've got front row seats to the greatest show on earth.

Rodman wouldn't have copped it because he did what MJ wanted him to do, bring it on game day and Jackson and Jordan were willing to put up with the side show that came with Rodman to get what they did on game day.

I remember the Pippen dummy spit vividly, at the time Kukoc was in a rich vein of form, had almost walked up alongside Pippen as the heir apparent, he was taking the league by the throat.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:08 pm

"When people see this, (they will think): 'Well, he wasn't really a nice guy. He may have been a tyrant'. No. That's you. You never won anything. I wanted to win, but i wanted (my teammates) to win and be a part of that as well" - Michael Jordan

My fave part of the whole series. His ruthlessness and drive is amazing and solidify s himself as the GOAT
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 13, 2020 3:39 pm

MW wrote:

I think the timing is more interesting with the debate of how is the GOAT vs LeBron...from what I heard they brought it forward cause of the COVID situation in that more people would be watching netflix?
but finally this generation can see how great MJ was so they can appreciate that he clearly is the GOAT

Yeah they brought it forward by 2 months, they hadn't finished editing the back half of the doco, hence the staggered release of eps
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:45 pm

I liked "Chicago resident - Barack Obama'[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 15, 2020 12:38 pm

You can have more than one GOAT.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri May 15, 2020 3:33 pm

Imagine how good he would have been if he wasnt a chain smoker (cigars) :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Magellan » Sat May 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Anyone had a look at "Dead to Me", with Christina Applegate? Just over halfway through season one, and I reckon it goes alright.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 17, 2020 11:42 am

Magellan wrote:Anyone had a look at "Dead to Me", with Christina Applegate? Just over halfway through season one, and I reckon it goes alright.

Yep ive watched both seasons, i get a great laugh out of it, there is so much irony in it.
Love the youngest boy, very funny.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2020 10:18 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Magellan wrote:Anyone had a look at "Dead to Me", with Christina Applegate? Just over halfway through season one, and I reckon it goes alright.

Yep ive watched both seasons, i get a great laugh out of it, there is so much irony in it.
Love the youngest boy, very funny.

Thanks fella's.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment