SANFL 2020 Season

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Postby Hazydog » Tue May 12, 2020 9:14 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Hazydog wrote:Certainly a fair bit to pan out yet... can someone like Jeff Andrews afford to come back and operate off job keeper...I fear not. Or Bastinac.. Dunno..will umps be prepared to get abused simply for the love of it? I’m not convinced all parties can come together to get a season of sorts up and running. Hope I’m wrong.. and I’ll still maintain an interest even if second string teams compete.. But a lot of hurdles need to be cleared yet..

Jeff is already back & has completed his quarantine period. He ain't going anywhere.
And we don't have any players that won't want to play due to no payments.

Music to my ears! In that case what are we waiting for?
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby oldfella » Tue May 12, 2020 9:46 pm

An interesting question from this is.

What happens to the Crows/Power Top Up Players.

Bit of a guess based on some minor knowledge.

Believe top up players are on one year contract that allows them to go back to their original lower grade country team or a lower grade local team

Given effectively their contacts in terms of League football are now effectively defunct I will be very surprised if the SANFL does not give any of player requesting either a clearance to their League club of origin (actually previously played for) or another League team even perhaps a one year permit clearance to another League club with provision to return as Crows/Power Top Up Players if/when they rejoin the SANFL.

Will be interesting to see.
oldfella
Under 16s

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Brett » Tue May 12, 2020 9:48 pm

This where the SANFL can hold ground and not roll over FFS.

I miss Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dee .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby stampy » Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Hazydog wrote:Certainly a fair bit to pan out yet... can someone like Jeff Andrews afford to come back and operate off job keeper...I fear not. Or Bastinac.. Dunno..will umps be prepared to get abused simply for the love of it? I’m not convinced all parties can come together to get a season of sorts up and running. Hope I’m wrong.. and I’ll still maintain an interest even if second string teams compete.. But a lot of hurdles need to be cleared yet..

Jeff is already back & has completed his quarantine period. He ain't going anywhere.
And we don't have any players that won't want to play due to no payments.

ya still gunna be shite!!!! hahahahahaha
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 333 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 12, 2020 11:02 pm

oldfella wrote:An interesting question from this is.

What happens to the Crows/Power Top Up Players.

Bit of a guess based on some minor knowledge.

Believe top up players are on one year contract that allows them to go back to their original lower grade country team or a lower grade local team

Given effectively their contacts in terms of League football are now effectively defunct I will be very surprised if the SANFL does not give any of player requesting either a clearance to their League club of origin (actually previously played for) or another League team even perhaps a one year permit clearance to another League club with provision to return as Crows/Power Top Up Players if/when they rejoin the SANFL.

Will be interesting to see.

They go back to their grassroots club
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 13, 2020 12:38 am

Geezus, Matty Wright could be another handy recruit for North then! :shock:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:51 am

Wedgie wrote:Geezus, Matty Wright could be another handy recruit for North then! :shock:

He has taken over Ben Hart's role as Forward coach while he is suspended, so they must be keeping him on in some role.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby goddy11 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:38 pm

This morning on SEN , Mark Stone mentioned about 30 Glenelg players are on JobKeeper. I find it hard to believe that 30 players main job was SANFL players. Have they pulled a shonky here. I'm sure not only club.

https://www.sen.com.au/programs/sen-sa-breakfast/

just after the 9 minute mark.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 13, 2020 8:50 pm

goddy11 wrote:This morning on SEN , Mark Stone mentioned about 30 Glenelg players are on JobKeeper. I find it hard to believe that 30 players main job was SANFL players. Have they pulled a shonky here. I'm sure not only club.

Many SANFL players would be uni students making footy their main earn. Or they may have been in hospitality or another impacted industry
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby goddy11 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:This morning on SEN , Mark Stone mentioned about 30 Glenelg players are on JobKeeper. I find it hard to believe that 30 players main job was SANFL players. Have they pulled a shonky here. I'm sure not only club.

Many SANFL players would be uni students making footy their main earn. Or they may have been in hospitality or another impacted industry

30 players though. I thought it did not apply to casual workers. It had to be your main job.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby whufc » Wed May 13, 2020 9:17 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

30 players though. I thought it did not apply to casual workers. It had to be your main job.

Could be wrong but I believe as long you lost 20% of your total income you qualify.

I would imagine the playing wage is 20% of their total income regardless of what job they do outside of football.

Definitely applied for casual workers as most of my staff are legally collecting.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Spargo » Wed May 13, 2020 9:22 pm

About time we started playing shonky.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 13, 2020 9:52 pm

They're eligible, you just have to be employed/paid by someone any amount and to have been on the books for the last 12 months. Noone's pulling a shonky.
For eg my son has a full time casual job at SAJC but didn't get anything from them but gets $1500pf gross from Adeladie Oval despite not having done a days work there in 4 months because he's been employed there casually more than 12 months occasionally doing 3-5 hours a week.
I get nothing despite being employed almost full time casual for the last 2.5 years but if I'd kept my job at Adelaide Oval working once every 6 months I would have got the full $1500pf.
Its ridiculous.
Add to that if I'd stayed with the Entertainment Centre I wouldn't have got a cent either (government owned).

Don't blame the people that get it or the businesses using it, blame the ridiculous implemenation of it by an incompetent government. A great idea but an absolute dog's breakfast as far as eligibility goes.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Brett » Wed May 13, 2020 9:54 pm

whufc wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Could be wrong but I believe as long you lost 20% of your total income you qualify.

I would imagine the playing wage is 20% of their total income regardless of what job they do outside of football.

30% loss . Thats why i posted a figure of 39000 earlier. SANFL players are not full time as I think I read earlier

Definitely applied for casual workers as most of my staff are legally collecting.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby batmanbegins » Wed May 13, 2020 10:06 pm

Wedgie wrote:They're eligible, you just have to be employed/paid by someone any amount and to have been on the books for the last 12 months. Noone's pulling a shonky.
For eg my son has a full time casual job at SAJC but didn't get anything from them but gets $1500pf gross from Adeladie Oval despite not having done a days work there in 4 months because he's been employed there casually more than 12 months occasionally doing 3-5 hours a week.
I get nothing despite being employed almost full time casual for the last 2.5 years but if I'd kept my job at Adelaide Oval working once every 6 months I would have got the full $1500pf.
Its ridiculous.
Add to that if I'd stayed with the Entertainment Centre I wouldn't have got a cent either (government owned).

Don't blame the people that get it or the businesses using it, blame the ridiculous implemenation of it by an incompetent government. A great idea but an absolute dog's breakfast as far as eligibility goes.

That's incorrect Wedgie, if you have a permanent (full time or part time) job with one employer you can't get the Jobkeeper for your casual Job regardless. Check the ATO website.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Brett » Wed May 13, 2020 10:16 pm

Go the ATO website as what has been mentioned on here as who is eligible is incorrect.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 14, 2020 2:20 am

batmanbegins wrote:
Wedgie wrote:They're eligible, you just have to be employed/paid by someone any amount and to have been on the books for the last 12 months. Noone's pulling a shonky.
Its ridiculous.

That's incorrect Wedgie, if you have a permanent (full time or part time) job with one employer you can't get the Jobkeeper for your casual Job regardless. Check the ATO website.

Of course you can't get it if you are still working and getting paid from a permanent job with someone else, that's a no brainer, I wasn't referring to people in that situation. I was referring to the comment that it has to be your "main job" which it doesn't as per the example I provided.

A lot of SANFL footballers don't have full time jobs that would still be operational, they might go to Uni or work casually in hospitality, as groundskeepers, as PTs, as tradies, marketing and various jobs other jobs for sponsors that aren't permanent.

Football clubs are part time casual employers of footballers in the SANFL, they're perfectly entitled to pay Job Keeper's payment like any other employer that is no longer paying their part time casual employees because of a 30/50% downturn in business.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby goddy11 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:43 am

Wedgie wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:
Its ridiculous.

Of course you can't get it if you are still working and getting paid from a permanent job with someone else, that's a no brainer, I wasn't referring to people in that situation. I was referring to the comment that it has to be your "main job" which it doesn't as per the example I provided.

A lot of SANFL footballers don't have full time jobs that would still be operational, they might go to Uni or work casually in hospitality, as groundskeepers, as PTs, as tradies, marketing and various jobs other jobs for sponsors that aren't permanent.

Football clubs are part time casual employers of footballers in the SANFL, they're perfectly entitled to pay Job Keeper's payment like any other employer that is no longer paying their part time casual employees because of a 30/50% downturn in business.

Wedgie, what you say in the last paragraph is basically what I heard on the news this morning. Full time casuals that have only been employed 11 months are ineligible yet someone with only 3-4h rs per week get the $1500/fn. Some unfairness here. Good on your son.

What did surprise me was that Glenelg had 30 players in this category.

Just doing my poor maths 750/week × 30players × 26weeks =‬ $585,000
I am not sure what the SANFL salary cap was $360k /per year ? Winner winner :D
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby batmanbegins » Thu May 14, 2020 9:18 am

Wedgie wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:
Its ridiculous.

Sorry mate misunderstood.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu May 14, 2020 10:11 am

Us mob out at Lizbf have dun real good becoz we're all on Centralslink, so we all got a payrise!! :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1659 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL