Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 14, 2020 10:12 am

daysofourlives wrote:-
- has no effect on the thousands of employees who work at Kmart, BigW, Target, Bunnings.... and especially in liquor stores...
- construction and supermarket workers have a natural immunity, but would obviously still need to be vaccinated...
- also, police uniforms hold the cure for the virus... no social distancing, not even masks are needed, as long as you wear a police uniform...

These sorts of comments remind me of a jealous whinging sibling "aww it's not fair, they're allowed to! Why cant I!" :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 14, 2020 10:13 am

Imagine being Bill Gates right now.

You spend 30 years of your life and $50 billion of your own dollars supporting humanitarian causes. You directly save hundreds of thousands of lives in South East Asia by providing anti malaria netting to half of a continent, you drop infant mortality rates throughout the entire developing world by funding vaccine programs including vaccinating 40,000,000 children for polio, and, amongst a plethora of philanthropic endeavors, you fund free educational platforms like Khan Academy so people can have free access to high quality education.

Then after donating half of your wealth to charity and pledging 90% of the remainder to charity in your will..

Arguably doing more to better life on earth for humanity than any other human being to ever live.

You then hop on the internet only to find a million scientifically illiterate ******* imbeciles that are using the very computers you pretty much invented in the first place to call you a child murdering arch villian antichrist because they watched a YouTube video made by some other yokel with the comprehension of a ******* potato.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 14, 2020 10:15 am

The Bedge wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:This pretty much sums it up.

This is the kind of shit that does my head in and continues to fuel hatrid across social media platforms.. are you one of those "Aussie Pride, **** China, share if you agree?" kind of operators as well?

It's ruining a lot of friendships in the community, I've certainly changed my opinion of quite a few people in recent times.

They'll be the first to be up in arms if someone was carrying the disease and passed it on to someone resulting in a loss of life to a family member.

Why can't we go to the pub, why can't we play football, I'm not downloading an app, f*** China, we're fine as we've got minimal cases....................I wonder why we're doing alright???

A few months of being a bit disadvantaged out of our lives is a small price to pay for the future, the SA Government is doing a great job and Marshall will be at the helm for a long time.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu May 14, 2020 10:16 am

The Bedge wrote:

This is the kind of shit that does my head in and continues to fuel hatrid across social media platforms.. are you one of those "Aussie Pride, **** China, share if you agree?" kind of operators as well?

I'm not one of those operators and definitely not the aussie pride f**k china type but I believe this whole thing has gone way overboard but I've made that known from the start.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Bum Crack » Thu May 14, 2020 10:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

It's ruining a lot of friendships in the community, I've certainly changed my opinion of quite a few people in recent times.

They'll be the first to be up in arms if someone was carrying the disease and passed it on to someone resulting in a loss of life to a family member.

Why can't we go to the pub, why can't we play football, I'm not downloading an app, f*** China, we're fine as we've got minimal cases....................I wonder why we're doing alright???

A few months of being a bit disadvantaged out of our lives is a small price to pay for the future, the SA Government is doing a great job and Marshall will be at the helm for a long time.

Now, now mate. No need to have a go at Bedge ;)
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 14, 2020 10:24 am

Bum Crack wrote:I believe this whole thing has gone way overboard but I've made that known from the start.

You have agreed.

The problem I have with crap like that all over FB is

a) Half of it is factually incorrect, or misleading
b) The idiots who share it generally take it as gospel and don't bother reading/fact checking at all
c) It continues to fuel and generate a hatrid towards China.

I follow 'Food Ranger' on Facebook - Canadian dude who travels around trying street food in different countries, mostly Asian.. he had a video from 2017 of street food I Wuhan and you should see the hate he's copping for it - a video made about food 3yrs ago in some random city, none the wiser of what would eventuate in 2020 and he's being ripped to shreds.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu May 14, 2020 10:28 am

The Bedge wrote:b) The idiots who share it generally take it as gospel and don't bother reading/fact checking at all

Must be an awful existence not trusting the people who help you stay safe, healthy for free, fed, clothed, with clean drinking water, money when you're unemployed and a whole raft of other things we take for granted yet some arsehat on Facebook tells you the planes are dropping chemtrails on you and you buy into it. Makes you wonder, who is putting their pants on for them in the morning?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu May 14, 2020 10:33 am

The Bedge wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I believe this whole thing has gone way overboard but I've made that known from the start.

You have agreed.

b) The idiots who share it generally take it as gospel and don't bother reading/fact checking at all

I follow 'Food Ranger' on Facebook - Canadian dude who travels around trying street food in different countries, mostly Asian.. he had a video from 2017 of street food I Wuhan and you should see the hate he's copping for it - a video made about food 3yrs ago in some random city, none the wiser of what would eventuate in 2020 and he's being ripped to shreds.

I don't take too much notice of stuff on Facebook TBH. What i have a problem with is all the crap on the commercial TV networks etc dedicating entire shows 7 days a week scaremongering because it fascinates people. It attracts viewers which attracts advertising dollars. Never mind the country on it's knees copping an absolute caning. I've abided by the rules, done the right thing but it's all the other bullshit that goes with it is what pisses me off.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu May 14, 2020 10:34 am

Bum Crack wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

You have agreed.

I don't take too much notice of stuff on Facebook TBH. What i have a problem with is all the crap on the commercial TV networks etc dedicating entire shows 7 days a week scaremongering because it fascinates people. It attracts viewers which attracts advertising dollars. Never mind the country on it's knees copping an absolute caning. I've abided by the rules, done the right thing but it's all the other bullshit that goes with it is what pisses me off.

This
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu May 14, 2020 10:53 am

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

also, imposing mandatory cloth masks to prevent too much oxygen to people's brains, and spraying beaches and streets with bleach, as well as spraying chemical airborne disinfectants from airplanes over densely populated areas have been known to do miracles for people's lungs affected by this strange virus...

What level of f*ckwit would you need to be? :lol:

Trump level
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:54 am

i know we won't agree on most things, but sure;y we all can agree Donald Trump is a f***** idiot and should be held accountable for thousands of deaths in America???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby whufc » Thu May 14, 2020 11:25 am

If i was summing out my thoughts on the whole Coronovirus event it would be something like this:

-Do i think China deliberately released this..........NO, do i think one day a government would consider using chemical or biological weapons for personal gain yes, its probably already happened.

-Do i think China majorly stuffed up in the early period of Coronovirus, yes just like a kid about to get into trouble they absolutely panicked and made some seriously bad decisions. I do believe there needs to be some sort of repercussions for this.

-Have Australia handled Coronvirus well...........yes very well. Do i think there needed to be a balance between minimizing deaths whilst also protecting the future generations financial prospects absolutely.....the time will tell on that part of it.

-Yes i have been surprised at how quick the government can enforce laws regarding our freedoms. Happy to give benefit of the doubt given the scale of the event but is a watch this space to see what happens in coming years when less major crisis happen.

-Do i think there would be individuals and organisations taking advantage of the current situation...absolutely. Just like when mother nature strikes and people start looting there is always people/businesses happy to profit whether that is financially or for some other reason at the expense of other peoples loss.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu May 14, 2020 2:03 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Over 83,000 dead now in the USA.... must be thinning out the Elvis impersonators!

Has anybody died of any other illness in the US recently or they all covid related? Somebody was talking about doctors bumping up numbers earlier, that wouldnt happen would it?

Do not know how true this is its on the WWW

Stats show 8,000 Deaths a day in America pre COVID

Also have seen various comments from doctors that patients that who have died with chronic multiple illnesses guess what COVID is shown as cause on the death certificate.

Also some are now saying hospitals who record it as Covid death that hospital gets up to $13,000 per death in subsidies.

If its true ???? only in America they can make money from peoples demise.

So my question to every one is pre Covid 8,000 death per day in America

So can any one now answer what is the daily death count for patients with out COVID in America ?????

So my rough calculation is 8,000 deaths per day pre COVID times that say by 60 Days = 480,000 normal everyday deaths.

So what is the true figure ??????

I have very inquisitive mind

Thoughts anyone.

Very interesting stats
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 14, 2020 2:08 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Also have seen various comments from doctors that patients that who have died with chronic multiple illnesses guess what COVID is shown as cause on the death certificate.

I read somewhere (in fact think someone put it on here as well?), that if someone passes away with COVID related/like symptoms etc that is recorded accordingly.

Whether they go back over those results at a later date who knows.

They aren't attributing each death solely to COVID-19 and the part about related or like symptoms is important and its the part people like to skip out.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Thu May 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Over 83,000 dead now in the USA.... must be thinning out the Elvis impersonators!

Has anybody died of any other illness in the US recently or they all covid related? Somebody was talking about doctors bumping up numbers earlier, that wouldnt happen would it?

Do not know how true this is its on the WWW

Stats show 8,000 Deaths a day in America pre COVID

Also have seen various comments from doctors that patients that who have died with chronic multiple illnesses guess what COVID is shown as cause on the death certificate.

Also some are now saying hospitals who record it as Covid death that hospital gets up to $13,000 per death in subsidies.

If its true ???? only in America they can make money from peoples demise.

So my question to every one is pre Covid 8,000 death per day in America

So can any one now answer what is the daily death count for patients with out COVID in America ?????

So my rough calculation is 8,000 deaths per day pre COVID times that say by 60 Days = 480,000 normal everyday deaths.

So what is the true figure ??????

I have very inquisitive mind

Thoughts anyone.

Very interesting stats

8000/day. Let's sat that's true.

Now add covid deaths that they didn't have before.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Booney » Thu May 14, 2020 4:49 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Anyone on here been tested?

Junior has had a runny nose, bit of a cough for a few days so he's off to be tested this morning.

Dr said it's purely precautionary and it will help bump up the stats for 21-30 year olds, not that he's happy with it but is willing to play his part in the process.

As we work together I've been home since Monday when he left work to come home, I'll be home until he gets his test results back sometime tomorrow.

All clear.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu May 14, 2020 4:50 pm

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Anyone on here been tested?

Junior has had a runny nose, bit of a cough for a few days so he's off to be tested this morning.

Dr said it's purely precautionary and it will help bump up the stats for 21-30 year olds, not that he's happy with it but is willing to play his part in the process.

As we work together I've been home since Monday when he left work to come home, I'll be home until he gets his test results back sometime tomorrow.

All clear.

Play on.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Thu May 14, 2020 5:08 pm

Interesting precedent, the Yorke Peninsula has cancelled their netball season for 2020. Be interesting to see what, if any, other country competitions follow suit. Understandable given the leagues will be given protocols to follow, hard to do so in the regions.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Thu May 14, 2020 5:38 pm

Booney wrote:Interesting precedent, the Yorke Peninsula has cancelled their netball season for 2020. Be interesting to see what, if any, other country competitions follow suit. Understandable given the leagues will be given protocols to follow, hard to do so in the regions.

Will be interesting to see which country leagues will or wont go ahead with their short season
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu May 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
Booney wrote:Interesting precedent, the Yorke Peninsula has cancelled their netball season for 2020. Be interesting to see what, if any, other country competitions follow suit. Understandable given the leagues will be given protocols to follow, hard to do so in the regions.

Will be interesting to see which country leagues will or wont go ahead with their short season

Think I read Whyalla footy league calling off their season. As the guy said, they have 14’s, 18’s, B and A Grade, supposed to clean all the change rooms between games, who is going to do this. Just too much work and all too hard.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion