Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby heater31 » Thu May 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
Booney wrote:Interesting precedent, the Yorke Peninsula has cancelled their netball season for 2020. Be interesting to see what, if any, other country competitions follow suit. Understandable given the leagues will be given protocols to follow, hard to do so in the regions.

Will be interesting to see which country leagues will or wont go ahead with their short season

Think I read Whyalla footy league calling off their season. As the guy said, they have 14’s, 18’s, B and A Grade, supposed to clean all the change rooms between games, who is going to do this. Just too much work and all too hard.
Too hard basket is Whyalla to a T!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby whufc » Thu May 14, 2020 7:27 pm

In fairness I would struggle to see many clubs keeping up with the required level of cleaning and administration issued by the health department’s unless they have an army of volunteers.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Thu May 14, 2020 7:31 pm

whufc wrote:In fairness I would struggle to see many clubs keeping up with the required level of cleaning and administration issued by the health department’s unless they have an army of volunteers.

What about the cost to clean as well?
Meeting those standards wouldn’t be cheap either.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby whufc » Thu May 14, 2020 7:33 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
whufc wrote:In fairness I would struggle to see many clubs keeping up with the required level of cleaning and administration issued by the health department’s unless they have an army of volunteers.

Yeah definitely especially if done correctly and to the level expected by the departments.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu May 14, 2020 7:38 pm

whufc wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Yeah definitely especially if done correctly and to the level expected by the departments.

Even time wise would be an issue, let’s say the b grade go out on the oval and the a grade need to get in, have fun wiping all the benches, mop the floor, clean the toilets, hand basins, showers.

I would say the only way you could do it is if players rock up in their gear and don’t use the change rooms before the game.
whufc
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu May 14, 2020 9:50 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I believe this whole thing has gone way overboard but I've made that known from the start.

You have agreed.

The problem I have with crap like that all over FB is

a) Half of it is factually incorrect, or misleading Who the **** says what you read is factual
b) The idiots who share it generally take it as gospel and don't bother reading/fact checking at all
c) It continues to fuel and generate a hatrid towards China.

I follow 'Food Ranger' on Facebook - Canadian dude who travels around trying street food in different countries, mostly Asian.. he had a video from 2017 of street food I Wuhan and you should see the hate he's copping for it - a video made about food 3yrs ago in some random city, none the wiser of what would eventuate in 2020 and he's being ripped to shreds.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Thu May 14, 2020 9:55 pm

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:b) The idiots who share it generally take it as gospel and don't bother reading/fact checking at all

Must be an awful existence not trusting the people who help you stay safe, healthy for free, fed, clothed, with clean drinking water, money when you're unemployed and a whole raft of other things we take for granted yet some arsehat on Facebook tells you the planes are dropping chemtrails on you and you buy into it. Makes you wonder, who is putting their pants on for them in the morning?

Must be awful being told what to think and when to think it.
I must say i have enjoyed your contribution to the SANFL pages over the last couple days
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 14, 2020 10:46 pm

Luv u days :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 14, 2020 11:14 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
Booney wrote:Interesting precedent, the Yorke Peninsula has cancelled their netball season for 2020. Be interesting to see what, if any, other country competitions follow suit. Understandable given the leagues will be given protocols to follow, hard to do so in the regions.

Will be interesting to see which country leagues will or wont go ahead with their short season

Think I read Whyalla footy league calling off their season. As the guy said, they have 14’s, 18’s, B and A Grade, supposed to clean all the change rooms between games, who is going to do this. Just too much work and all too hard.

I fear there is way too much of a knee jerk reaction here. People are making decisions based on the current position which is wrong.

1/ Its way too early, 4 & 1/2 months of potential footy season left
2/ Restrictions will ease, clubs won't need to play under current requirements
3/ SANFL have a road to getting back to play, they wouldn't be doing this if it was not possible
4/ If a league cancels its season, nothing to stop players going to a neighbouring league (clearances have just opened again), will they return to a league that jumped too early?
5/ Can you imagine calling it too early then in late July and all restrictions have been eased, its a perfect day for footy and there is none on

I feel for the juniors, some seniors might not want to risk their employment for no pay which is fair, but juniors have a different motivation, they just want to play and are hardly impacted by CV.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu May 14, 2020 11:57 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:

I fear there is way too much of a knee jerk reaction here. People are making decisions based on the current position which is wrong.

1/ Its way too early, 4 & 1/2 months of potential footy season left
2/ Restrictions will ease, clubs won't need to play under current requirements
3/ SANFL have a road to getting back to play, they wouldn't be doing this if it was not possible
4/ If a league cancels its season, nothing to stop players going to a neighbouring league (clearances have just opened again), will they return to a league that jumped too early?
5/ Can you imagine calling it too early then in late July and all restrictions have been eased, its a perfect day for footy and there is none on

I feel for the juniors, some seniors might not want to risk their employment for no pay which is fair, but juniors have a different motivation, they just want to play and are hardly impacted by CV.

Youre right, junior footy could start this weekend. Seniors should start in about April 2021. I think you are in your city bubble to much to see what detrimental effect attempting to play this year will have on small clubs away from the city especially if not every club can put a team on the park.
You are only as good as your weakest link, if this means the strong clubs have to forego a season of footy so the weak can survive then thats what we should do.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 15, 2020 8:43 am

The Bedge wrote:Luv u days :D

I think a camp fire sing-along is in order when these restrictions lift :partyman:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 15, 2020 8:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I think a camp fire sing-along is in order when these restrictions lift :partyman:

Singing Kumbaya?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Fri May 15, 2020 9:12 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:b) The idiots who share it generally take it as gospel and don't bother reading/fact checking at all

Must be an awful existence not trusting the people who help you stay safe, healthy for free, fed, clothed, with clean drinking water, money when you're unemployed and a whole raft of other things we take for granted yet some arsehat on Facebook tells you the planes are dropping chemtrails on you and you buy into it. Makes you wonder, who is putting their pants on for them in the morning?

Must be awful being told what to think and when to think it.
I must say i have enjoyed your contribution to the SANFL pages over the last couple days

Nobody tells me what to think or when to think it, as a conscientious thinking adult I research, read, take information from various sources and make up my own mind. The same way I make up my own mind on choosing not to engage with dickheads in the SANFL forum.
Last edited by Booney on Fri May 15, 2020 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Q. » Fri May 15, 2020 9:12 am

daysofourlives wrote:Youre right, junior footy could start this weekend. Seniors should start in about April 2021. I think you are in your city bubble to much to see what detrimental effect attempting to play this year will have on small clubs away from the city especially if not every club can put a team on the park.
You are only as good as your weakest link, if this means the strong clubs have to forego a season of footy so the weak can survive then thats what we should do.

The country clubs can sit out then, obviously won't be able to cover the costs of exceeding the salary cap every week.

Metro clubs can get on with enjoying football.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Pseudo » Fri May 15, 2020 10:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Bugger that. Fire up a zoom session at happy hour time and let those tunes rip.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 15, 2020 10:12 am

Daily cases: There have been no new cases reported since 7 May. Before that was 22nd April.

Can see why people are beginning to get restless.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 15, 2020 10:58 am

Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Singing Kumbaya?

Where else do you start?

Whiskey in the Jar
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Magellan » Fri May 15, 2020 11:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Singing Kumbaya?

Where else do you start?

Whiskey in the Jar

"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Fri May 15, 2020 12:01 pm

Time to get restaurants, cafes and pubs back up and running.

We've upped our health network, we've got 1 active case we know of, there's no vaccine anytime soon, let's keep our borders shut tight, maintain the 14 day quarantine period for those arriving into SA and let's get back on with it.

We've done an exceptional job of stopping this thing in it's tracks in SA, time to take our lives back.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jase » Fri May 15, 2020 12:05 pm

Booney wrote:Time to get restaurants, cafes and pubs back up and running.

We've upped our health network, we've got 1 active case we know of, there's no vaccine anytime soon, let's keep our borders shut tight, maintain the 14 day quarantine period for those arriving into SA and let's get back on with it.

We've done an exceptional job of stopping this thing in it's tracks in SA, time to take our lives back.

....and I may have mentioned this before... but open the GYMNASTICS CLUBS ... [-o<
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion