Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 15, 2020 12:10 pm

Booney wrote:Time to get restaurants, cafes and pubs back up and running.

We've upped our health network, we've got 1 active case we know of, there's no vaccine anytime soon, let's keep our borders shut tight, maintain the 14 day quarantine period for those arriving into SA and let's get back on with it.

We've done an exceptional job of stopping this thing in it's tracks in SA, time to take our lives back.

Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

I'm not sure that I'd continue to go, I have a spot where I always sit, if someone's there they generally if I rock up.

It's not going to be a big deal for me though now as I've become accustomed to not going there and I only used to go on a Saturday and maybe once a week after work, noticing the difference financially has certainly changed my mind on a lot of things.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Fri May 15, 2020 12:20 pm

We've upped our health network, we've got 1 active case we know of, there's no vaccine anytime soon, let's keep our borders shut tight, maintain the 14 day quarantine period for those arriving into SA and let's get back on with it.

We've done an exceptional job of stopping this thing in it's tracks in SA, time to take our lives back.

Yep couldn't agree more.

Sadly though i dont see chief medical officer promoting and advocating for that as quick as we would like.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Fri May 15, 2020 12:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

I'm not sure that I'd continue to go, I have a spot where I always sit, if someone's there they generally if I rock up.

It's not going to be a big deal for me though now as I've become accustomed to not going there and I only used to go on a Saturday and maybe once a week after work, noticing the difference financially has certainly changed my mind on a lot of things.

I've been saying to a few people who remarked that the pubs will be overflowing when things get back to normal - Maybe initially, but you'd think a lot of people a) have noticed the affordability of home drinking, b) affordability of laying off the Pokies and c) will either have less $$ reserves or be more cautious with what they spend.

Im sure there'll be a honeymoon period, but give it 2-4 weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if turnover is down on what it was say 4 months ago.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Fri May 15, 2020 12:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

Its massive isnt it.

We have eaten taken away a couple of times in the last fortnight after going a year without it.

On both occasions i was kicking myself afterwards, the food was 'ok', cost over $50 each time and all for what, to save me 15 minutes in the kitchen in which i generally play a bit of music and zone out anyway.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri May 15, 2020 12:25 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

I've been saying to a few people who remarked that the pubs will be overflowing when things get back to normal - Maybe initially, but you'd think a lot of people a) have noticed the affordability of home drinking, b) affordability of laying off the Pokies and c) will either have less $$ reserves or be more cautious with what they spend.

Im sure there'll be a honeymoon period, but give it 2-4 weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if turnover is down on what it was say 4 months ago.

I think the opposite, I think people will be all "open the pubs open the pubs!" but when they do open they'll be hesitant to rush back and 8-12 weeks later old habits that die hard will be back and we'll be back in the place.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Fri May 15, 2020 12:29 pm

I reckon Clubs will be packed and see record numbers. The 18-25 age group being the least affected and the least 'scared' of the consequences of the virus.

Pubs to be about the same, probably a drop off in older adults at the pub but made up by tradies 25-35 year olds who are craving to get back and haven't had the financial implications of lost work etc.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:32 pm

whufc wrote:I reckon Clubs will be packed and see record numbers. The 18-25 age group being the least affected and the least 'scared' of the consequences of the virus.

Pubs to be about the same, probably a drop off in older adults at the pub but made up by tradies 25-35 year olds who are craving to get back and haven't had the financial implications of lost work etc.
Will be strict rules on how many are allowed on the premises plus table service only for 6 months IMO
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Pag » Fri May 15, 2020 12:34 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Its massive isnt it.

We have eaten taken away a couple of times in the last fortnight after going a year without it.

On both occasions i was kicking myself afterwards, the food was 'ok', cost over $50 each time and all for what, to save me 15 minutes in the kitchen in which i generally play a bit of music and zone out anyway.

Mate you have Indii up your way. I'd never cook on a Friday nigh if that joint was within 5-10kms. :heart:
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby JK » Fri May 15, 2020 12:35 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

I think the opposite, I think people will be all "open the pubs open the pubs!" but when they do open they'll be hesitant to rush back and 8-12 weeks later old habits that die hard will be back and we'll be back in the place.

LOL yeah that's very plausible too (albeit completely contrary to my thoughts). Would be interesting to run a straw poll on SAFooty users - If the pubs were to re-open next week, who'd go and who'd wait?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Pseudo » Fri May 15, 2020 12:35 pm

Booney wrote:I think the opposite, I think people will be all "open the pubs open the pubs!" but when they do open they'll be hesitant to rush back .....

Speak for yourself! I say bring it on.... :partyman:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Fri May 15, 2020 12:36 pm

JK wrote: Would be interesting to run a straw poll on SAFooty users - If the pubs were to re-open next week, who'd go and who'd wait?

Putting on my bells right now.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pag » Fri May 15, 2020 12:37 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

LOL yeah that's very plausible too (albeit completely contrary to my thoughts). Would be interesting to run a straw poll on SAFooty users - If the pubs were to re-open next week, who'd go and who'd wait?

I'd like to go, but wouldn't be keen to line up to get into the front bar of the Grove if they can only have 10 people inside.
Pag
Coach

Postby locky801 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:I reckon Clubs will be packed and see record numbers. The 18-25 age group being the least affected and the least 'scared' of the consequences of the virus.

Will be strict rules on how many are allowed on the premises plus table service only for 6 months IMO

you are on the money there Jim, i have heard that from a few in the game that is exactly what is going to occur, there will be no standing at the bar etc allowed and only table service
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby whufc » Fri May 15, 2020 12:40 pm

Pag wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Its massive isnt it.

Mate you have Indii up your way. I'd never cook on a Friday nigh if that joint was within 5-10kms. :heart:

Indii is absolutely amazing!

I had the chance to get in the kitchen and have a curry lesson with the head chef

Was a great experience and improved my home made curries 100%
whufc
Coach

Postby Pag » Fri May 15, 2020 12:42 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

I'd like to go, but wouldn't be keen to line up to get into the front bar of the Grove if they can only have 10 people inside.
Pag
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri May 15, 2020 12:44 pm

I'll be there, maybe not day 1 but I'll be there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 15, 2020 12:52 pm

whufc wrote:
Its massive isnt it.

We never buy takeaway, we'll dine out (well used to) just for something different but then think we could've made whatever we ate just as good for a quarter of the price.

I've used this time to change some habits and clear out some dumb shit debt that has just lurked about, most is now cleared and I wont be losing little bits here and there each month now, I no longer drink during the week and that's going to stay too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri May 15, 2020 12:56 pm

On the way back from seeing a customer this morning, I stopped into to a hipster kind of joint (It's Malbin after all) in Northcote for a take-away coffee & Anzac biscuit. Chatting to the owner about when they can re-open the dining part of the joint. Talk over here is limited to 10 patrons (regardless of size of function area etc) and the bloke was saying to open up for just 10 patrons is line ball on profitability..... unless they can "market" it to groups as a function, they stay all night & get well & truly hammered..... I think a market exists for this, was my reply!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Booney wrote:I'll be there, maybe not day 1 but I'll be there.

I probably will break my weekday sobriety on day 1 just to catch up with the regulars who I haven't seen for a while and to find out what's going on with our punters club now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri May 15, 2020 12:59 pm

I drive past the Seacliff every night and find myself whispering “see you soon, girl”.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion