Australian International Summer 2020/21

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Australian International Summer 2020/21

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon May 04, 2020 11:05 am

Cricket in the 20/21 summer?

Apparently WI and ENG are going to still try to play their series without crows, strict lockdown etc, so a lot could depend on that.

I'm very doubtful the 20-20 World Cup will go ahead when scheduled. Maybe they will push it back a couples months?

What are the chances that by next summer international travel is still very restricted, and given the cultural similarities and success in dealing with Coronavirus, Aust and NZ borders are freely open to each other, and we have a five-test series against them, or maybe 3 here, 3 there (hopefully all just the one 6-test series).
What is more attractive, and dare I ask profitable, an India series without crowds, or an NZ series with them?

From a cricket point of view, I reckon an NZ series is just as enticing as they would be hell-bent on making amends for last year, and it would be good to see some of their players get the chance to redeem their reputations.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Re: Australian International Summer 2020/21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 04, 2020 11:12 am

I think any sort of travel during this pandemic and playing to no crowds is an insult to everyone.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby RB » Mon May 04, 2020 12:30 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:What is more attractive, and dare I ask profitable, an India series without crowds, or an NZ series with them?

My first thought was surely it's best to play with crowds. A thought which was reinforced when I remembered the spectacle of Australia playing Pakistan in the UAE in front of 3 people and a camel.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 04, 2020 12:38 pm

RB wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:What is more attractive, and dare I ask profitable, an India series without crowds, or an NZ series with them?

My first thought was surely it's best to play with crowds. A thought which was reinforced when I remembered the spectacle of Australia playing Pakistan in the UAE in front of 3 people and a camel.

It was a well respected camel though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon May 04, 2020 5:10 pm

RB wrote:

Absolutely I agree.

Although, despite asking the question, I don't know why people would be allowed to attend an NZ Test and not an Indian one :oops:

I just see NZ and Australia opening borders to each other before any other country, and with all the uncertainty with travel and sport between every one else, I hope CA are working on this contingency.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 04, 2020 6:53 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:Cricket in the 20/21 summer?

Apparently WI and ENG are going to still try to play their series without crows, strict lockdown etc, so a lot could depend on that.

I'm very doubtful the 20-20 World Cup will go ahead when scheduled. Maybe they will push it back a couples months?

What are the chances that by next summer international travel is still very restricted, and given the cultural similarities and success in dealing with Coronavirus, Aust and NZ borders are freely open to each other, and we have a five-test series against them, or maybe 3 here, 3 there (hopefully all just the one 6-test series).
What is more attractive, and dare I ask profitable, an India series without crowds, or an NZ series with them?

From a cricket point of view, I reckon an NZ series is just as enticing as they would be hell-bent on making amends for last year, and it would be good to see some of their players get the chance to redeem their reputations.

I cant see why all the international teams cant arrive 14 days earlier and go into isolation., Its not as though they will have prior committments.

On the Indian Test series, i think the TV rights to it will make it more than worth while to play without crowds. I think there is no chance of either events getting cancelled or even moved. CA will be very keen to kick the AFL off their grounds as soon as the traditional change over period starts.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 17, 2020 3:54 pm

Big talk Adelaide Oval will be the perfect set up for all the tests with the new hotel being built.
That hotel could end up being a masterstroke along with SA's great record with covid.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:08 pm

Wedgie wrote:Big talk Adelaide Oval will be the perfect set up for all the tests with the new hotel being built.
That hotel could end up being a masterstroke along with SA's great record with covid.
We are all proper **** if restrictions are still in place come November/December
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Trader » Sun May 17, 2020 7:25 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Big talk Adelaide Oval will be the perfect set up for all the tests with the new hotel being built.
We are all proper **** if restrictions are still in place come November/December

I'm expecting international travel to still have restrictions well past 2020.
Agreed its going to be fairly bleak if we still have domestic restrictions in December.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:32 pm

Trader wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

I'm expecting international travel to still have restrictions well past 2020.
Agreed its going to be fairly bleak if we still have domestic restrictions in December.
Domestic travel is what I meant.
The Indian cricket team would still most likely face 2 weeks of quarantine when they arrive in the country but by then hopefully domestic borders are all open
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2020 10:25 am

Jim05 wrote:Domestic travel is what I meant.
The Indian cricket team would still most likely face 2 weeks of quarantine when they arrive in the country but by then hopefully domestic borders are all open

Hopefully. if the Eastern states keep dragging the chain I hope they remain closed, Marshall is copping heat already to re-open them, good on him for standing firm.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby locky801 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Domestic travel is what I meant.

Hopefully. if the Eastern states keep dragging the chain I hope they remain closed, Marshall is copping heat already to re-open them, good on him for standing firm.

seen this week what happens if one slips through the chain :evil:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:29 pm

Good to see Test Cricket going ahead. Couldn't give a **** about the teeball world cup.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:35 pm

Fox cricket with some World series highlights..
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:04 pm

Watch this space-
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id ... -tour-east
A cold shoulder from the Western Australia (WA) state government has clarified the options for Australia's international season, with India's tour set to begin in Adelaide and Brisbane.

Adelaide Oval stands prepared to host back-to-back Tests - a day-night game and then a day match over the holiday period - should the MCG remain unsuitable for the Boxing Day showpiece amid Victoria's coronavirus lockdown.

The need for flexibility has also seen Cricket Australia (CA) lean heavily upon state associations in their planning, with matches to be primarily staged by staff already located in each state - a major departure from recent seasons in which CA has flown a massive travelling roadshow of events-team members around the country for international games. This model was introduced under the financial model that had CA taking on direct responsibility for managing international fixtures and passing on fixed annual distributions to the states.

Initial plans devised by CA and the WACA had Australian and Indian players entering the country via Perth and preparing for the season via a relaxed quarantine that would have allowed them to train.

However, the final decision by the WA state government, and its Premier Mark McGowan, to insist on a strict hotel quarantine for any international visitors, has forced the governing body to look towards Brisbane and Adelaide for the start of India's tour, likely to commence with a suite of limited-overs matches before the four-Test series begins.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:22 pm

A Boxing Day test in Adelaide would be epic.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:50 am

The Bedge wrote:A Boxing Day test in Adelaide would be epic.

Going to be tough taking left over prawns and ham to the cricket but if I have to, I have to.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:30 am

Just realised we had a 3 game T20 series against the soap dodgers.

World cricket is dead.

Carey and Zampa had very forgettable campaigns.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:05 am

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id ... e-adelaide

The four-Test series between Australia and India later this year is set to start with a day-night Test in Adelaide. The long tour (more than two months) is likely to begin with the white-ball games - three ODIs in Brisbane followed by three T20Is in Adelaide - and then the first Test, subject to final nods from the local state governments in Australia.

The pink-ball Test, which will be India's maiden day-night Test overseas (and only their second overall), is scheduled to be held at Adelaide Oval between December 17 and 21. Melbourne will remain the venue for the traditional Boxing Day Test (December 26-30) followed by Tests in Sydney (January 7-11) and Brisbane (January 15-19).

The Indian contingent is expected to travel directly from the UAE to Brisbane immediately after the completion of the IPL on November 10. It is understood that Cricket Australia has pencilled in the November 25-30 period for the ODIs and December 4-8 for the T20Is. The Indians are then set to play a pink-ball warm-up match in Adelaide before the first Test. The warm-up is likely to be an intra-squad game keeping in mind the public health guidelines in place because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Although both Cricket Australia and BCCI have internally agreed on the itinerary, they have not made it public because they are waiting for the formal nods from the state governments in Australia. One of the specific things Cricket Australia is looking for is the permission from the Queensland government, which is yet to approve international arrival and quarantine of the Indian and Australian players from the IPL in Brisbane.

Currently, anyone coming in to Queensland from overseas or even outside the state has to undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine. With the tour scheduled to start around November 25, the two teams would want to train during the quarantine period, but that can only be done with permission from the Queensland government.

Previously, governments in Western Australia and South Australia were reluctant to waive off the quarantine period for the two teams in order for them to start training immediately after landing in the country, and that forced Cricket Australia to shuffle the venues around.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby locky801 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:32 am

unsure when we play England again but interesting stat out of the IPL last night

Warner v Archer... 3x Ashes 2019, 2x ODI series 2020, 2x T20I series 2020 & both IPL matches 2020 = 9 dismissals.

Put that into context of what Broad did to him as well
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket