COVID-19 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 13, 2020 6:10 pm

This is an awesome release from SANFL, answered a lot of my questions, great to have one single source of truth to refer to -

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/faqs-s ... -football/
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby LuvsFooty » Wed May 13, 2020 6:35 pm

Great document but if that’s the lengths we have to go to, just to train in groups of 10, then you could only imagine the amount of hurdles we will have to jump to play a game. Way too much pressure on volunteers to uphold that, especially with $50,000 individual and $250,000 club fines attached.

We all seem to want to play with crowds for obvious revenue sources

1. Cancel season 2020. Clubs can then finalise prep for 2021

2. Wait for restrictions to lift

3. Arrange junior football tournaments amongst your own leagues. Knock out comps? Football Olympic? Fitness and strength tests? Lightning carnivals

4. Play exhibition senior footy with no payments at your leisure
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 17 times

Postby Pag » Thu May 14, 2020 10:29 am

Dutchy wrote:
Pag wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Interestingly my son is having a scratch match in the school footy program today.

All that needs to happen at junior games is encourage parents and families to not congregate all in one spot, spread out all around the oval.

I'm assuming a private school mate? Inter-school sport still off the table in DfE schools.

Nah public school

Interesing. I'll assume again, high school?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 14, 2020 10:52 am

Pag wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Pag wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Interestingly my son is having a scratch match in the school footy program today.

All that needs to happen at junior games is encourage parents and families to not congregate all in one spot, spread out all around the oval.

I'm assuming a private school mate? Inter-school sport still off the table in DfE schools.

Nah public school

Interesing. I'll assume again, high school?

Intra-school trial perhaps?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 14, 2020 11:50 am

Public school that has a footy program as a subject.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Pag » Thu May 14, 2020 12:16 pm

Dutchy wrote:Public school that has a footy program as a subject.

Makes sense now.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Dirty dog » Mon May 18, 2020 8:33 am

I can hear the a Benny Hill music playing now it’s a circus.
Some leagues want to play but some clubs within that league don’t. Some clubs want to play and leagues haven’t mad decisions yet.
Ardrossan in my league already out and our meeting is tomorrow night and netball has pulled out last week so we are on the ropes.
Someone at the top needs to fix all this uncertainty. Are we playing,are we not playing,crowds,no crowds, salary cap,no salary cap, clearance open, clearance closed etc etc it goes on and on.
It’s time to make a tuff call, we are all in it together or not at all.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 18, 2020 9:46 am

Dirty dog wrote:I can hear the a Benny Hill music playing now it’s a circus.
Some leagues want to play but some clubs within that league don’t. Some clubs want to play and leagues haven’t mad decisions yet.
Ardrossan in my league already out and our meeting is tomorrow night and netball has pulled out last week so we are on the ropes.
Someone at the top needs to fix all this uncertainty. Are we playing,are we not playing,crowds,no crowds, salary cap,no salary cap, clearance open, clearance closed etc etc it goes on and on.
It’s time to make a tuff call, we are all in it together or not at all.

Have you not seen the road map to play set by the controlling body? They wouldn't be ploughing forward if they didn't think a season could proceed in some form. There is no need to make any knee jerk decisions right now, one thing we all have is time.

Probably the best thing the SANFL could do this week is make the cap zero for the year, this then allows clubs to start doing the sums.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon May 18, 2020 9:48 am

It's pretty obvious to me that the clubs who don't want to play are the ones that have spent up big on coaches and players. Is it a coincidence that the clubs to pull the pin before the league or cfl have made a decision are those with playing coaches?
It's my understanding that a decision will be made around the time of the June long weekend. Until then, let's all just wait.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2020 9:53 am

Mythical Creature wrote:It's pretty obvious to me that the clubs who don't want to play are the ones that have spent up big on coaches and players. Is it a coincidence that the clubs to pull the pin before the league or cfl have made a decision are those with playing coaches?
It's my understanding that a decision will be made around the time of the June long weekend. Until then, let's all just wait.

Yankalilla Football Club have pulled the pin on the 2020 season, I'm guessing plenty more to follow now.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon May 18, 2020 10:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:It's pretty obvious to me that the clubs who don't want to play are the ones that have spent up big on coaches and players. Is it a coincidence that the clubs to pull the pin before the league or cfl have made a decision are those with playing coaches?

Yankalilla Football Club have pulled the pin on the 2020 season, I'm guessing plenty more to follow now.

And who is their new coach?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby scottroo » Mon May 18, 2020 10:37 am

Clubs pulling the pin will look very silly come June 8
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bigshow82 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:36 am

Have any country leagues and/or clubs confirmed a return to training date? We are allowed to return as of today but are any clubs returning?
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby zedman » Mon May 18, 2020 11:37 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

https://www.victorharbortimes.com.au/st ... ankalilla/
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2020 11:56 am

zedman wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

https://www.victorharbortimes.com.au/st ... ankalilla/

Ouch.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon May 18, 2020 12:10 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:Have any country leagues and/or clubs confirmed a return to training date? We are allowed to return as of today but are any clubs returning?

We aren't training yet. Going to wait until at least June 8th. It's just too hard. I know in pur league 2 other clubs are doing the same as us.
Coincidentally there is one club in the apfl who cancelled training a couple of days prior to the sanfl announcement due to safety concerns, yet they are the only club in our league that I am aware of that are starting training this week. Talk about mixed messages!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Number7 » Mon May 18, 2020 2:11 pm

The real question is why? I think the 2020 season is just about done! To much at stake to try and continue at this point.
Number7

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Bigshow82 » Mon May 18, 2020 2:46 pm

Number7 wrote:The real question is why? I think the 2020 season is just about done! To much at stake to try and continue at this point.

Why? Because if we are already training and things keep improving we could start playing sooner. If we arent training and things improve enough to play then people will want time to train before they play and delay any possible start. As communities surely seeing our juniors, who are already back at school together, starting to train will be a good thing. Seniors getting out to run around and kick a footy surely has to be good for mental health and motivation to keep active? Even with the guidelines in place.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:18 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:
Number7 wrote:The real question is why? I think the 2020 season is just about done! To much at stake to try and continue at this point.

Why? Because if we are already training and things keep improving we could start playing sooner. If we arent training and things improve enough to play then people will want time to train before they play and delay any possible start. As communities surely seeing our juniors, who are already back at school together, starting to train will be a good thing. Seniors getting out to run around and kick a footy surely has to be good for mental health and motivation to keep active? Even with the guidelines in place.
It’s a hard. I’m guessing some clubs and associations are trying to crunch numbers to see if a 8 or 9 round season with only a week or two of finals is feasible.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 18, 2020 3:41 pm

With ZERO cases in the state clubs and leagues need to be asking why not? Can you imagine in July on a chilly but fine Saturday, with all restrictions pretty much lifted, not heading out to watch some footy?

At the very least Juniors should be playing, I just went past a school at lunchtime with kids playing full contact footy. I feel for the Yank juniors, perhaps a club down the road might be getting a few enquiries.
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy