COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby piccachu » Tue May 19, 2020 10:20 am

Can you explain why/how?
Any examples of small clubs feeling bullied into it?
Anything even remotely substantial to back your claims?

No one is forcing you (or clubs) to play.. if you don't want to - don't. Simple.

Im not here to get in a sh!t fight with anyone, if you read my previous post you will see i have given a reason as to why (I THINK) small clubs feel backed in to a corner, if you don't agree that's fine, but im sure many involved at the small clubs i speak about feel the same way as i do.

It is all well and good for the SANFL clubs to adhere to all the tasks required just to run a training session as they have the support staff to make it happen.
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 19, 2020 10:23 am

All clubs just need to get playing if its safe and possible to do so, so many reasons to plough ahead, even if it is a real struggle it will be worth it, good luck trying to re-ignite a club in Jan 2021 when you haven't seen any players/members for nearly 12 months.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby zedman » Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 am

piccachu wrote:
Can you explain why/how?
Any examples of small clubs feeling bullied into it?
Anything even remotely substantial to back your claims?

No one is forcing you (or clubs) to play.. if you don't want to - don't. Simple.

Im not here to get in a sh!t fight with anyone, if you read my previous post you will see i have given a reason as to why (I THINK) small clubs feel backed in to a corner, if you don't agree that's fine, but im sure many involved at the small clubs i speak about feel the same way as i do.

It is all well and good for the SANFL clubs to adhere to all the tasks required just to run a training session as they have the support staff to make it happen.

no changerooms are open till at least june 8 so for now it requires one person in charge of sanitizers before and after training and to wipe the footies down before and after training..or have i missed something? heres a tip, players can also be volunteers..use them..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 19, 2020 10:28 am

piccachu wrote:if you read my previous post you will see i have given a reason as to why (I THINK) small clubs feel backed in to a corner.

Oh apologies, you mean these reasons:

piccachu wrote:there will be multiple clubs in the league that may never recover from the financial hit it will inevitably take this year with lack of sponsorship dollars and revenue through things like bar / canteen takings and big events,

Not to mention the clubs getting a leg up on the competition by pushing the boundaries on rules regarding training number and distancing legalities

:lol: ok.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby piccachu » Tue May 19, 2020 10:32 am

was more talking about this
small clubs feel backed in to corner being damned if they do and damned if they dont take part. there is a large likely hood clubs will run at a loss this year and for many clubs that inst something they can afford, and if they choose to pull out themselves you run the risk of not getting players back the following year and the club possibly folding that way, not to mention the burden all the extra duties that are now have to be in place will put on volunteers that are already over worked and near on impossible to find.
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 19, 2020 10:32 am

piccachu wrote: there is a large likely hood clubs will run at a loss this year and for many clubs that inst something they can afford.

If a reduced season is going to cost your club as much money as you insinuate, then I suggest you get a new treasurer and seriously have a look at your operations and budget... because if you're not financially viable in a reduced season then you're walking a stupidly tight line during a regular season.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby scottroo » Tue May 19, 2020 10:50 am

With a chance of zero payments. Canteens, bbqs, bars and kitchens to open, albeit slightly different, I don’t see how any club that normally runs at atleast break even will make a loss in 2020. It just doesn’t add up unless you’ve had 10s of thousands of sponsorship dollars pull out...
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue May 19, 2020 10:50 am

The Bedge wrote:
piccachu wrote: there is a large likely hood clubs will run at a loss this year and for many clubs that inst something they can afford.

If a reduced season is going to cost your club as much money as you insinuate, then I suggest you get a new treasurer and seriously have a look at your operations and budget... because if you're not financially viable in a reduced season then you're walking a stupidly tight line during a regular season.

Bedgey if you can run a season with no clubrooms, no crowds, no bar and no canteen and make a profit maybe you should be the next PM. I realise crowds may be allowed at some point but there is a lot of uncertainty. If you want to disregard the the legitimate views of people who have been running clubs for a long time and think treasurers grow on trees good luck to you.

PS I want to play and think we will, but the problems Piccachu writes about need to be addressed and I'm sure are being worked on at league HQ.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 am

Random thought, i'd be interested to see a breakdown in demographic between those who want the season to progress and those who don't.

Mostly Players / Non players and between Younger people / older people.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 19, 2020 11:02 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Bedgey if you can run a season with no clubrooms, no crowds, no bar and no canteen and make a profit maybe you should be the next PM.

For starters, never said make a profit.

This argument about clubrooms/crowds and bar/canteen though seems to be the only 'fear factor' put forward so far, and has been expressed on multiple occasions, all the indications at the moment appear to be pointing towards those not being a factor with restrictions set to ease.

If the league/SANFL was just hell bent on footy being played, they'd have locked in return dates much sooner than the 6 or so weeks away it is.. they're not silly, they know they and clubs need crowds, canteens, bbqs, bar etc etc.

Although, i'm not sold that clubrooms or crowds are as big a issue - Pulteney have never had either. :lol: but seriously a lot of clubs have bugger all support game days (granted mostly lower divs).
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 19, 2020 11:47 am

Love you all anyway.. i'm out of this convo :heart:

.. *edit* but first for those who don't get the emails, here is the latest Clubs SA update:

Good Morning All

I thought it would be helpful to provide an update on the State Government’s Stage 2 proposed easing of the COVID-19 restrictions from a Club perspective, and a recap as to where Club COVID-19 operations stand at the moment.

South Australian Roadmap for easing COVID-19 Restrictions – Step 2 Update
Last week Clubs SA and the AHA/SA met with the State’s Chief Public Health Officer Professor Nicola Spurrier, her deputy Dr Chris Lease, and the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner Dini Soulio to discuss the next steps for stage 2, scheduled for 8 June 2020.

The meeting was particularly amicable and it was clear that the Authorities were eager to work with us to gain a better understanding of club operations and how they could best be assisted, while at all times ensuring safety is the first priority.

We have provided a detailed joint Submission to the Government in this regard, concentrating mainly on the Government’s current Stage 2 stance of only allowing 20 people in a venue and bringing forward the proposed June 8 implementation date.

It is pleasing to be “inside the tent” in these negotiations as this ensures that you receive the best possible representation and in turn maximises any possible benefits that may follow.

Obviously any easing of restrictions in Step 2 will further assist in relaxing the Step 3 restrictions scheduled for early July.

A second meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow.

As always we will keep you updated as this matter progresses.

COVID-19 Club Operations Information as at 9am, 19 May 2020

- Clubs can permit 10 Members into their Club providing the Club remains closed for trade and all social distancing and hygiene obligations are adhered to.
This means no supply or service of food or beverages, however obviously everyone can grab a cup of coffee or a glass of water etc while in the Club.
This especially assists Clubs to hold their committee meetings, however it is not just restricted to this activity. 10 or less Members can gather inside their Club to simply catchup on news, plan for the future etc. Please note that indoor sports cannot be played.

- Clubs can permit 10 people to undertake paid or unpaid work outside the Club rooms.
This can be in addition to the 10 people gathered inside.

- Sporting Clubs can permit groups of 10 people to train on their external grounds at any one time.
Any number of groups of 10 can train at the same ground providing social distancing and hygiene obligations are applied and the training must exclude any contact drills. This includes football, netball or hockey for example.

- Bowling Clubs or similar can permit groups of 10 onto their greens, with the number of groups dependent of the number of separate playing areas, eg 3 separate greens = 3 groups of 10 people.
SAPol have advised multiple groups of 10 can be present. Again social distancing and hygiene obligations apply and importantly this must be under a social pretext. Formal competitions are prohibited.

- Golf Clubs can permit groups of 10 onto their course.
Providing it is within the Club’s Rules, any number of groups of up to 10 can play at a golf course providing social distancing and hygiene obligations are applied. Again this must be under a social pretext. Formal competitions are prohibited

- Takeaway meals can be provided by Clubs without any special approval.
A meal is considered food that is prepared by the Club, eg lasagne, snitzels, pizza. These meals can be prepared inside the Club and picked up in the front foyer of the Club, or an external window at the Club venue for example.

- A Club can sell takeaway liquor once the Club has obtained its free Short Term Temporary Takeaway liquor licence from CBS
Once your Club has obtained this temporary licence it is permitted to sell;
• Any amount of liquor to Club Members to take away from the venue, including the surrounds; and
• Liquor to the general public following the purchase of a takeaway meal from the Club. This is limited to two bottles of wine, or one bottle of wine and a six pack of beer, cider or pre-mixed spirits.
Please remember that a meal must be something prepared by the Club, not a packet of crisps, a chocolate bar or a sausage roll for example.

- Snacks and beverages cannot be sold before or after Club training sessions from an external canteen or similar.
This is different to “meals” that can be sold as takeaway. Snacks include chips, chocolate bars, sausage rolls for example. Beverages include alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. SAPol is insisting that people turn up to their Club, train and leave.

Mike Penfold
Clubs SA CEO
The Bedge
Coach

Postby S Demon » Tue May 19, 2020 1:07 pm

The Bedge wrote:
.. *edit* but first for those who don't get the emails, here is the latest Clubs SA update:

- Sporting Clubs can permit groups of 10 people to train on their external grounds at any one time.
Any number of groups of 10 can train at the same ground providing social distancing and hygiene obligations are applied and the training must exclude any contact drills. This includes football, netball or hockey for example.

So 3 x groups of 10, or as many as we can fit with social distancing requirements met...?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby jo172 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:48 pm

S Demon wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

So 3 x groups of 10, or as many as we can fit with social distancing requirements met...?

I wouldn't take ClubsSA's advice over the SANFL's in that regard.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby locky801 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:53 pm

So the Cows and Failures can go full on training from next Monday contact and all, seems one rule for the so called high and mighty and another rule for the lesser
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby davideyy71 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:25 pm

locky801 wrote:So the Cows and Failures can go full on training from next Monday contact and all, seems one rule for the so called high and mighty and another rule for the lesser

what could possibly have changed from Friday when Stephen Marshall said 'no exemption, it's too risky' to today? I can't imagine how much time the AFL and Crows/Power would have wasted over the weekend and last few days organising the Gold Coast hubs. I'll laugh if Gill and the AFL call them out and say 'nup bad luck, have fun on the gold coast'
davideyy71
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby scottroo » Tue May 19, 2020 9:32 pm

Eventful night at our first session

Juniors kicked off and about 545 a massive lightning strike! Training for juniors and seniors called off, channel 9 were there filming a story and weather report. They bailed too!
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby jo172 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:07 pm

scottroo wrote:Eventful night at our first session

Juniors kicked off and about 545 a massive lightning strike! Training for juniors and seniors called off, channel 9 were there filming a story and weather report. They bailed too!

Understand a similar thing happened at Payneham Oval.

Hopefully there's not too many superstitious people seeing a curse on the 2020 season!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue May 19, 2020 10:19 pm

Same happened to us at Broadview and a very heavy hailstorm to boot but once passed back out at training.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 20, 2020 8:50 am

davideyy71 wrote:
locky801 wrote:So the Cows and Failures can go full on training from next Monday contact and all, seems one rule for the so called high and mighty and another rule for the lesser

what could possibly have changed from Friday when Stephen Marshall said 'no exemption, it's too risky' to today? I can't imagine how much time the AFL and Crows/Power would have wasted over the weekend and last few days organising the Gold Coast hubs. I'll laugh if Gill and the AFL call them out and say 'nup bad luck, have fun on the gold coast'

Stephen Marshall would have to be regarded as one of the best leaders in the world at this point of time, I'm sure while most of us did bugger all over the weekend he would've spent 30+ hours working on strategies to work out what is best for our state, he'd be getting expert opinions instead of the tripe that we'd be going off.

It's a pain in the arse that we can't visit our interstate families or have them come here but I admire him for standing up to his bigger counterparts and making sure we are well in control, he has ticked every box along the way as far as I'm concerned so I'm happy to back his judgement.

The AFL is going to be crap without spectators, it will look like the primary school lightning carnivals, if we can't have unlimited spectators at community football level it will be much the same.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 am

scottroo wrote:Eventful night at our first session

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League