Get back to the parklands Bedge :lol:
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 20, 2020 8:55 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:Costs and practicalities for volunteers aside, the CFL should just make the decision to pack everyone up until next year to save the fall out of mass clearances when some clubs and associations decide they cannot play and some do play, or some clubs can afford to pay players and some cant.

If players leave a club which isn't playing, to go to one that is playing because they love footy and just want to play, what are the chances they'll all return to the original club the following year? Could be the end of a number of clubs.

or are we holding off on a decision until after clearances close on June 30?

Totally agree. its what ive been trying to say for awhile now.
Its about time the CFL made a decision in the interests of the very organisations it is meant to protect and that includes the whole state. The very weakest leagues and clubs are the ones that need to be protected, if they cant play, no one should play. Up until now all they have been doing is protecting the SANFL and SAAFL.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 20, 2020 8:59 pm

Dirty dog wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Lol

Yep very intelligent contribution from Bedge.
Imagine if the ammos provided an environment that players wanted to be part of, they probably wouldnt leave for the atmosphere of country footy.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 20, 2020 9:02 pm

It was funny coz the goose agreed and replied to his own post :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 20, 2020 9:04 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:

Imagine if the ammos provided an environment that players wanted to be part of, they probably wouldnt leave for the atmosphere of country footy.

I think he was LOLing at the fact that Dirty Dog answered his own post.

Clearly forgot to change user names .

Oops, beat me to it Bedge :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 20, 2020 9:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:

I think he was LOLing at the fact that Dirty Dog answered his own post.

Clearly forgot to change user names .

Oops, beat me to it Bedge :lol:

I took it as him saying look, this is what i posted earlier, i agree
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Dirty dog » Wed May 20, 2020 9:54 pm

Dirty dog wrote:

Coaching in the parklands under a tent in front of 50 nobodies............Lol
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 20, 2020 11:38 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Its about time the CFL made a decision in the interests of the very organisations it is meant to protect and that includes the whole state. The very weakest leagues and clubs are the ones that need to be protected, if they cant play, no one should play. Up until now all they have been doing is protecting the SANFL and SAAFL.

So if some remote leagues, that has different challenges than most, decides on its own not to proceed with its season it should impact the whole state?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Number7 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:51 am

Dutchy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

So if some remote leagues, that has different challenges than most, decides on its own not to proceed with its season it should impact the whole state?

Dutchy, I think this is where it is at. As not only affects the Country Leagues, but has implications for Amateur Leagues as well. Players who will want to move between leagues for various reasons.

As a result of leagues cancelling the season, should those leagues then have a clearance ban placed upon for the remainder of the season? As i believe majority of country clubs are debating the prospect of player retention for next season, in the event they vote to cancel the season? (Amateur clubs as well).

The next phase of restrictions being lifted (June 5th) looks promising though.
Number7

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 21, 2020 9:02 am

Dirty dog wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:

Coaching in the parklands under a tent in front of 50 nobodies............Lol

Wouldn’t get 50 on a good day.. unless you count the players from both sides as well. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu May 21, 2020 9:38 am

Dutchy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

exactly, unless as number7 says a freeze is put on clearances out of those laegues or as Yankalilla have done, gone it alone on pulling the pin a freeze should be put on any clearances out of Yankallila.
As you can see it will get very messy, just cancel the whole season everywhere except juniors, they could be playing now. they wouldnt even have to train, they could just play on weekends
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 21, 2020 9:43 am

daysofourlives wrote:

exactly, unless as number7 says a freeze is put on clearances out of those laegues or as Yankalilla have done, gone it alone on pulling the pin a freeze should be put on any clearances out of Yankallila.
As you can see it will get very messy, just cancel the whole season everywhere except juniors, they could be playing now. they wouldnt even have to train, they could just play on weekends

I think they should still be allowed to play as a "loan player" until 2021 then their registration returns to Yankalilla.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 21, 2020 10:03 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I think they should still be allowed to play as a "loan player" until 2021 then their registration returns to Yankalilla.

I was going to suggest the same thing, you can't stop someone moving clubs if they want to play footy, a loan scenario like soccer would be perfect for this season.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 21, 2020 10:05 am

Number7 wrote:
The next phase of restrictions being lifted (June 5th) looks promising though.

The way I read these restrictions being lifted on 5/6/20, there could be games played without spectators after this date. Obviously that isnt going to happen but it shows we are not that far from further restrictions dropping which should include attendence, canteen/BBQ/Bar.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 21, 2020 10:44 am

Dutchy wrote:The way I read these restrictions being lifted on 5/6/20, there could be games played without spectators after this date. Obviously that isnt going to happen but it shows we are not that far from further restrictions dropping which should include attendence, canteen/BBQ/Bar.

Trial games can be played through June at least, no one cares much for them except coaches and players.. then fingers crossed all is well for a July start.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby football tragic » Thu May 21, 2020 12:08 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The way I read these restrictions being lifted on 5/6/20, there could be games played without spectators after this date. Obviously that isnt going to happen but it shows we are not that far from further restrictions dropping which should include attendence, canteen/BBQ/Bar.

Trial games can be played through June at least, no one cares much for them except coaches and players.. then fingers crossed all is well for a July start.

Still puzzles me why people keep saying no canteen no football
If they are opening cafes and restaurants and fish and chip shops are packed with people where is the logic in even thinking football would be played without a canteen
And the crowd without the players, volunteers and direct family members is not a relevant argument either as I attended many games last year from div 1 to div 7 and hardly class it as a crowd.
So the question is more about the player payments more than anything as we haven't had clarity around that one.
football tragic
Rookie

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby batmanbegins » Thu May 21, 2020 12:19 pm

football tragic wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

If they are opening cafes and restaurants and fish and chip shops are packed with people where is the logic in even thinking football would be played without a canteen
And the crowd without the players, volunteers and direct family members is not a relevant argument either as I attended many games last year from div 1 to div 7 and hardly class it as a crowd.
So the question is more about the player payments more than anything as we haven't had clarity around that one.

Crowd issues would be more for Country comps but they can be spread around there ovals in the cars. Issue is also in country footy that you usually have 5 games at the same oval in one day so to monitor the level of people at the ground at one stage would be difficult. Plus alot of country comps rely on adelaide based players and if they aren't going to be able to get paid as much some won't come which will further hurt country teams. The issue is harder for country footy then the saafl or sfl in my opinion.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 21, 2020 12:31 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
Crowd issues would be more for Country comps but they can be spread around there ovals in the cars. Issue is also in country footy that you usually have 5 games at the same oval in one day so to monitor the level of people at the ground at one stage would be difficult. Plus alot of country comps rely on adelaide based players and if they aren't going to be able to get paid as much some won't come which will further hurt country teams. The issue is harder for country footy then the saafl or sfl in my opinion.

Most definitely, I'm not sure on how much the canteens pull in each week but I'd imagine it would be a substantial amount, they seem to be pretty busy for the whole day from what I've observed.

I must say, the food at every ground in the APFL is of a very high level, You can't really beat the ribs at Virginia but every other ground have excellent pastries, rolls and cakes well presented.

Hummocks have the best pies for my two bobs worth.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Gilligan » Thu May 21, 2020 12:56 pm

football tragic wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Why people are sayng no canteen and bar , it is more the case that there are costs to run those but with the 100 people to a venue ( which is likely to be the case ) there is no real takings as with 2 clubs with 2 sides at ground at same time is 84 people leaves only 16 to cover coaches , umpires , trainers so who would run bar and canteen . Also for example Under 17's would need to leave ground pretty well straight after their game to allow A grade to access into oval so no crowd around during games to purchase stuff
Sometimes the old guys do know whats best
Gilligan
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 21, 2020 1:07 pm

It would be good to know what the next step is for allowing crowds at sport, if its under 200 its not worth proceeding with senior footy, I suspect it might be 500 though as that was the restriction that was in place at the beginning of all this, that is manageable for most. At the sametime I understand why they wouldn't release what they were thinking.

At a guess I think the SANFL/CFB would know what the governments is looking at and that is why they are confident in their roadmap to playing. We just have to trust them here. Clubs/Leagues need patience.
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy