COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby S Demon » Wed May 20, 2020 10:04 am

We had the boys in blue do a little drive by during training last night. Fortunately for us all the measures were in place and everyone was doing the right thing

Can't say I'm a fan of the groups of 10 though. Especially if 1 or 2 pull out late. I know its all we've got to work with at the moment and it will change fairly soon. It's hard to do any decent drills though and fatigue quickly becomes a factor. At least it stopped raining for our session. The A grade boys had to get straight in their cars soaking wet and leave!

But footy's back. Yay.
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 20, 2020 10:22 am

S Demon wrote:We had the boys in blue do a little drive by during training last night. Fortunately for us all the measures were in place and everyone was doing the right thing

Can't say I'm a fan of the groups of 10 though. Especially if 1 or 2 pull out late. I know its all we've got to work with at the moment and it will change fairly soon. It's hard to do any decent drills though and fatigue quickly becomes a factor. At least it stopped raining for our session. The A grade boys had to get straight in their cars soaking wet and leave!

But footy's back. Yay.

Pulteney?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby zedman » Wed May 20, 2020 10:36 am

we kicked off last night, got lucky and it wasnt to wet at rutland, players were pumped to be back at it..soccer has also started training on the other side..onward we go..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 20, 2020 10:44 am

zedman wrote:we kicked off last night, got lucky and it wasnt to wet at rutland, players were pumped to be back at it..soccer has also started training on the other side..onward we go..

Are the clubrooms all ready to go once restrictions allow them to be used Zed?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby zedman » Wed May 20, 2020 10:52 am

Dutchy wrote:
zedman wrote:we kicked off last night, got lucky and it wasnt to wet at rutland, players were pumped to be back at it..soccer has also started training on the other side..onward we go..

Are the clubrooms all ready to go once restrictions allow them to be used Zed?

yeah they are mate, thats another layer of frustration this year with the new rooms still unused for obvious reasons but we will be in there soon enough, it looked awesome last night with all the lights on and the oval in absolute mint condition with nobody on it for 2 months!
zedman
Coach

Postby zedman » Wed May 20, 2020 12:33 pm

SA to move to stage two of COVID-19 restrictions on June 5, with indoor dining allowed from Friday

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-w ... XRnxBBrvEA

South Australia will lift coronavirus restrictions earlier than first hoped, following a clean sweep without COVID-19 cases.

From this Friday, cafes and restaurants will be allowed indoor dining for groups of up to 10 in addition to existing outdoor dining limits.

Alcohol service will be allowed for up to 10 people indoors and 10 people outdoors.

Premier Steven Marshall has also announced the state will move to stage two of restrictions from Friday June 5, ahead of the long weekend.

Stage two will see up to 20 diners at cafes and restaurants as well as the reopening of cinemas and theatres.

Gyms, beauty services and sport - including indoor matches - will also be allowed.

trust the process..
zedman
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu May 21, 2020 7:49 pm

S Demon wrote:We had the boys in blue do a little drive by during training last night. Fortunately for us all the measures were in place and everyone was doing the right thing

But footy's back. Yay.

Be nice if they bothered to pay a visit to the clubs not even bothering to adhere to ANY of the guidelines.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu May 21, 2020 11:03 pm

Out your way Q?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Q. » Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Out your way Q?

No, near The Beach actually.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby beef » Fri May 22, 2020 8:03 am

Q. wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Out your way Q?

No, near The Beach actually.

If it is upsetting you, dob them in
If too many people are doing the wrong thing we will never get back to playing
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby jo172 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:50 am

I've taken up running from Paynehamish along the uni loop/river on Saturday mornings. Those sporting footy club colours/logos seemed to be doing pretty well from my observations.

Soccer clubs were taking the piss in groups of 30+ though
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby bubba love » Fri May 22, 2020 9:33 am

Had the police down at north haven last night checking things out, were happy with everything going on, had 5 lots of 10 on our big reserve So plenty of room for all
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby BZB27 » Fri May 22, 2020 11:23 am

jo172 wrote:I've taken up running from Paynehamish along the uni loop/river on Saturday mornings. Those sporting footy club colours/logos seemed to be doing pretty well from my observations.

Soccer clubs were taking the piss in groups of 30+ though

Ive seen heaps of soccer clubs taking the piss of the rules put in place.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Pag » Fri May 22, 2020 11:25 am

bubba love wrote:Had the police down at north haven last night checking things out, were happy with everything going on, had 5 lots of 10 on our big reserve So plenty of room for all

This is an interesting part for me. I can understand why Havens can get 30 on the main oval and another twenty on the reserve behind the southern goals. But because we are one oval (with probably the same amount of square meterage), we can still only have 30. An oval the size of St Marys can still only have the same amount of traffic as an oval the size of Dwight Reserve (the main deck).
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 22, 2020 11:30 am

Pag wrote:
bubba love wrote:Had the police down at north haven last night checking things out, were happy with everything going on, had 5 lots of 10 on our big reserve So plenty of room for all

This is an interesting part for me. I can understand why Havens can get 30 on the main oval and another twenty on the reserve behind the southern goals. But because we are one oval (with probably the same amount of square meterage), we can still only have 30. An oval the size of St Marys can still only have the same amount of traffic as an oval the size of Dwight Reserve (the main deck).

Its strange times but we probably should just accept what we have got.

I have 5 groups I need to coach, 3 in the first hour and 2 in the 2nd hour - in the second hour Im not allowed to split the oval in to 2 halves to give more room despite there only being a maximum of 20 on the whole ground.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Down the Hill » Fri May 22, 2020 11:36 am

And where in the rules can't you do that Dutchy. You telling me that one group of 10 can't use the whole oval if no other groups are out there or as was your case 2 groups of 10 can't split the ground into halves????
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby zedman » Fri May 22, 2020 11:39 am

Pag wrote:

definite anomaly in a year of anomalies..

we only have our oval so are separating A and B grade training into 2 sessions same night..2 more weeks to go..
zedman
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 22, 2020 11:55 am

Down the Hill wrote:And where in the rules can't you do that Dutchy. You telling me that one group of 10 can't use the whole oval if no other groups are out there or as was your case 2 groups of 10 can't split the ground into halves????

It doesn't say you can so we have taken it that you can't, with specific entry/exit/car parking points for the 3 zones I guess its provides a standardised approach, if you start having variations then it will create more work and possible confusion. Not a huge deal at the end of the day, in 2 weeks in will all be changed.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby watchdog » Fri May 22, 2020 12:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Pag wrote:

Its strange times but we probably should just accept what we have got.

I have 5 groups I need to coach, 3 in the first hour and 2 in the 2nd hour - in the second hour Im not allowed to split the oval in to 2 halves to give more room despite there only being a maximum of 20 on the whole ground.

Your telling me 1 coach is coaching 5 groups?
watchdog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 22, 2020 12:44 pm

watchdog wrote:
Your telling me 1 coach is coaching 5 groups?

no sorry didn't explain it well, 3 coaches cover the 5 groups.
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League