Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri May 22, 2020 2:19 pm

I see APNA pulled the pin on season 2020 at a meeting last night.

Fingers crossed - hopefully you are on the money football tragic and footy can buck the trend and we still get a competition in this year.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby football tragic » Fri May 22, 2020 2:40 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:I see APNA pulled the pin on season 2020 at a meeting last night.

Fingers crossed - hopefully you are on the money football tragic and footy can buck the trend and we still get a competition in this year.

Netball was unfortunately never going to proceed as this would effect of the crowds to watch the football
I was told weeks ago netball wouldn't proceed
NSW now allowing 50 into pubs which is closed environment our season will be a definite with spectators
We are 6 weeks away from first game life will look a lot like normal by then.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 22, 2020 2:48 pm

football tragic wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:I see APNA pulled the pin on season 2020 at a meeting last night.

Netball was unfortunately never going to proceed as this would effect of the crowds to watch the football
NSW now allowing 50 into pubs which is closed environment our season will be a definite with spectators

NSW are f****** nuts.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri May 22, 2020 2:55 pm

football tragic wrote:

:lol: if you think that's why they and other netball associations aren't going ahead!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 22, 2020 2:59 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
football tragic wrote:

:lol: if you think that's why they and other netball associations aren't going ahead!

Didn't Netball SA expect some exuberant affiliation fee from all clubs statewide?

Hence why they are dropping off like flies as the costs wont be in perspective to how many games they are likely to fit in?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri May 22, 2020 3:55 pm

football tragic wrote:

Youre laughable, who do you reckon you are? You have alot of wonderful information, none of which has come to fruition at all. I would say you have a vested interest in the season going ahead around the state.
Never thought id say this but the women are making the right decision. A sport where no money is involved as a general rule are finding it easy to call the season off.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby football tragic » Fri May 22, 2020 4:55 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
football tragic wrote:

Youre laughable, who do you reckon you are? You have alot of wonderful information, none of which has come to fruition at all. I would say you have a vested interest in the season going ahead around the state.
Never thought id say this but the women are making the right decision. A sport where no money is involved as a general rule are finding it easy to call the season off.

Haha I don't have any vested interest and im not profiting from football.
I have said on several occasions clubs need to prepare for a season to commence early July.
There will be a canteen and a bar available as well as your gate takings.... crowds will be permitted by then so your loss of income would perhaps come from loss of sponsorship if you haven't been working with your sponsors that's a club by club thing.
If by early July we are not playing football im happy to eat humble pie but until then the fruition call is far too early.
I was told when I made the call back at the end of ApriI I had the lost the plot too...… time will tell. keep watching restrictions ease daily and weekly from here on.
football tragic
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Sat May 23, 2020 5:49 pm

We’ve been surveyed as a club but geez, as a *hopeful* player I feel like any premiership this season will have a massive asterisk next to it.

Happy enough to do a Mickey Mouse comp for something to do and raise from money from July or so but outside of that, I’d rather not have the season from this point.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Fricky » Mon May 25, 2020 10:29 am

OnSong wrote:We’ve been surveyed as a club but geez, as a *hopeful* player I feel like any premiership this season will have a massive asterisk next to it.

Happy enough to do a Mickey Mouse comp for something to do and raise from money from July or so but outside of that, I’d rather not have the season from this point.

So OnSong, if you win the "asterix flag" you'll refuse to take the premiership medal?
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon May 25, 2020 11:05 am

OnSong wrote:We’ve been surveyed as a club but geez, as a *hopeful* player I feel like any premiership this season will have a massive asterisk next to it.

Only if a club other than my own wins it :D
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2020 11:08 am

Basically from what I'm reading between the lines, if we don't start up in the first week of July there will be no season.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby football tragic » Mon May 25, 2020 11:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Basically from what I'm reading between the lines, if we don't start up in the first week of July there will be no season.

Read an article that Vic cricket wont start until the end of October to help fit in a 9 game season for amateur football there starting late July
Perhaps we may play more games than people are forecasting if we were to follow suit with our season proposed starting date of July 4th
Obviosuly cricket will finish a lot later in 2021 to get their full season in so football will need to adjust football training etc around this
thoughts?
football tragic
Rookie

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 25, 2020 11:30 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I was told by a club official July 18 is the last start up date for BL&G to allow a Grand Final on Sept 26th. They will not go later than this date. It then doesnt impact cricket and next season will be completely normal. Thats a 9 week season and 3 week finals. There is assoc meeting on June 15th. I believe the netball assoc meets tonight and they are likely to pull the pin on the season then.
Cricket season has limited flexibility this season as Easter is around April 4th.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 25, 2020 11:33 am

football tragic wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Read an article that Vic cricket wont start until the end of October to help fit in a 9 game season for amateur football there starting late July
Perhaps we may play more games than people are forecasting if we were to follow suit with our season proposed starting date of July 4th
Obviosuly cricket will finish a lot later in 2021 to get their full season in so football will need to adjust football training etc around this
thoughts?

Cricket can not finish any later as Easter is around April 4th.
Not everything revolves around football.
What most people tend to forget is cricket was affected more than football up to this point with all finals being cancelled last season.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2020 12:08 pm

football tragic wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

thoughts?

Without knowing a hell of a lot here is my take on clubs that have cricket, Angle Vale, Virginia and Two Wells are aligned to the PDCA so I'd say the PDCA would be accommodating for a delayed start if required.

Balaklava (Lower North) is in the Stanley Cricket Association and don't start until late October anyway, could ask for an away game to kick the season off.

Hamley and Longies are in lower divisions of the BLCA and could possibly ask for a couple of away games to kick off their season.

Mallala being in the higher end of the BLCA will struggle to be able to eat too far into the cricket season.

I have no idea whatsoever if cricket is played at Port Wakefield or Lochiel.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Mon May 25, 2020 5:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
football tragic wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

thoughts?

Without knowing a hell of a lot here is my take on clubs that have cricket, Angle Vale, Virginia and Two Wells are aligned to the PDCA so I'd say the PDCA would be accommodating for a delayed start if required.

Balaklava (Lower North) is in the Stanley Cricket Association and don't start until late October anyway, could ask for an away game to kick the season off.

Hamley and Longies are in lower divisions of the BLCA and could possibly ask for a couple of away games to kick off their season.

Mallala being in the higher end of the BLCA will struggle to be able to eat too far into the cricket season.

I have no idea whatsoever if cricket is played at Port Wakefield or Lochiel.

Mallala need time to prepare the turf, a few yrs ago I remember football being asked to start a week later due to only a week between cricket and football,answer was no-tables have turned.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Hazbeen » Mon May 25, 2020 5:29 pm

No finals at Mallala this season so that's at least 4 weeks of no footy on the turf. I also know the bloke doing the program so Mallala can be arranged to play away games in the last couple of rounds if they need extra time for the pitch
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby magpieeagle » Mon May 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Hazbeen wrote:No finals at Mallala this season so that's at least 4 weeks of no footy on the turf. I also know the bloke doing the program so Mallala can be arranged to play away games in the last couple of rounds if they need extra time for the pitch

Must be a boring life if footy is that important , Mallala under the old program had 8 weeks of no footy before cricket, point is why push pass September? league wouldn't move for anyone else, if its that important in your life go for it.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby OnSong » Mon May 25, 2020 8:50 pm

Fricky wrote:

So OnSong, if you win the "asterix flag" you'll refuse to take the premiership medal?

What do you mean "if"?
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon May 25, 2020 8:56 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:No finals at Mallala this season so that's at least 4 weeks of no footy on the turf. I also know the bloke doing the program so Mallala can be arranged to play away games in the last couple of rounds if they need extra time for the pitch

Must be a boring life if footy is that important , Mallala under the old program had 8 weeks of no footy before cricket, point is why push pass September? league wouldn't move for anyone else, if its that important in your life go for it.

This is only my thoughts but I'd still like footy to be played. Just an idea but hosting 7-8 weeks of junior carnivals around the comp. Each club hosts a week, eight games are played each week throughout the day. As clubs and teams come in, others go out at the end of their matches.
Gives each club a chance to get rid of some of their stock on hand through canteen, league can take gate fees from say 200 cars, whether you do U12s and U14s as opposed to U14s and U17s is up for debate but at least you've got some game time and development into the kids.
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy