COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby Footy Chick » Fri May 22, 2020 12:53 pm

zedman wrote:
Pag wrote:
bubba love wrote:Had the police down at north haven last night checking things out, were happy with everything going on, had 5 lots of 10 on our big reserve So plenty of room for all

This is an interesting part for me. I can understand why Havens can get 30 on the main oval and another twenty on the reserve behind the southern goals. But because we are one oval (with probably the same amount of square meterage), we can still only have 30. An oval the size of St Marys can still only have the same amount of traffic as an oval the size of Dwight Reserve (the main deck).

definite anomaly in a year of anomalies..

we only have our oval so are separating A and B grade training into 2 sessions same night..2 more weeks to go..

Cant use the deck behind your oval if the soccer folk aren't training?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby zedman » Fri May 22, 2020 1:06 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
zedman wrote:
Pag wrote:
bubba love wrote:Had the police down at north haven last night checking things out, were happy with everything going on, had 5 lots of 10 on our big reserve So plenty of room for all

This is an interesting part for me. I can understand why Havens can get 30 on the main oval and another twenty on the reserve behind the southern goals. But because we are one oval (with probably the same amount of square meterage), we can still only have 30. An oval the size of St Marys can still only have the same amount of traffic as an oval the size of Dwight Reserve (the main deck).

definite anomaly in a year of anomalies..

we only have our oval so are separating A and B grade training into 2 sessions same night..2 more weeks to go..

Cant use the deck behind your oval if the soccer folk aren't training?

they are training as well..started the same night as us..we moved our C/D grade and ladies to Mon/Wed for now..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby piccachu » Fri May 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Had the police down at north haven last night checking things out, were happy with everything going on, had 5 lots of 10 on our big reserve So plenty of room for all

obviously didnt have access to the strava app to do a thorough investigation. 8)
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby bubba love » Fri May 22, 2020 3:23 pm

Get on board piccachu, I know you secretly want to play
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby bird of prey » Fri May 22, 2020 4:29 pm

Dutchy wrote:
watchdog wrote:
Your telling me 1 coach is coaching 5 groups?

no sorry didn't explain it well, 3 coaches cover the 5 groups.

Can coaches cover multiple groups in a night? Thought it was 1 coach for each group, with no crossover of coaches or players?
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri May 22, 2020 4:31 pm

bird of prey wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
watchdog wrote:

Can coaches cover multiple groups in a night? Thought it was 1 coach for each group, with no crossover of coaches or players?

NO
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby beef » Fri May 22, 2020 5:05 pm

shoe boy wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
watchdog wrote:

NO

They can do multiple groups in different time slots
1 group of 10 at 5.30
1 group of 10 at 6.30
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 22, 2020 5:54 pm

beef wrote:They can do multiple groups in different time slots
1 group of 10 at 5.30
1 group of 10 at 6.30

Spot on
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri May 22, 2020 6:05 pm

piccachu wrote:
Had the police down at north haven last night checking things out, were happy with everything going on, had 5 lots of 10 on our big reserve So plenty of room for all

obviously didnt have access to the strava app to do a thorough investigation. 8)

Piccachu's Strava app confirmed that he kept within a 5x 10m area known as the goal square.

this was pre covid restrictions.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:44 am

Saw this on FB this morning

CROWDS AT LOCAL FOOTY

Hopefully this post clears up some of the misinformation I’ve seen spread on social media regarding spectators at suburban and country footy matches this year.
Feel free to share amongst your footy friends.

There is a misconception out there that playing "behind closed doors" is on the table - it isn’t.
Community leagues in SA won't start until spectators can come and bars and canteens can open.

How do I know this? Part of my job is to speak regularly to those in charge of football, leagues associations and clubs. This information is what they have told me and my colleagues over the past few weeks.

SANFL community football manager Tom Hurley said having crowds at regional matches was vital and was part of their proposal to the State Government.

Adelaide Footy League chief executive John Kernahan said the league would only be able to get underway once state government restrictions regarding outdoor venues were lifted to an acceptable level.

Simply put: If crowds are not allowed to attend local footy games this year, leagues will not play. If if the State Government lifts restrictions so crowds are allowed at outdoor venues, leagues will play.
No clubs will be forced to play a season with no spectators and no ability to open their bars or canteens.

Attached is a story I wrote on the issue earlier this month. But I understand not everyone has a subscription to the Advertiser online, hence this lengthy post.

Please share so we can stop the spread of misinformation elsewhere on social media. Hopefully teams are back on ovals sooner or later, when it’s permitted.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby locky801 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:33 am

hollywood7477 wrote:Saw this on FB this morning

CROWDS AT LOCAL FOOTY

Hopefully this post clears up some of the misinformation I’ve seen spread on social media regarding spectators at suburban and country footy matches this year.
Feel free to share amongst your footy friends.

There is a misconception out there that playing "behind closed doors" is on the table - it isn’t.
Community leagues in SA won't start until spectators can come and bars and canteens can open.

How do I know this? Part of my job is to speak regularly to those in charge of football, leagues associations and clubs. This information is what they have told me and my colleagues over the past few weeks.

SANFL community football manager Tom Hurley said having crowds at regional matches was vital and was part of their proposal to the State Government.

Adelaide Footy League chief executive John Kernahan said the league would only be able to get underway once state government restrictions regarding outdoor venues were lifted to an acceptable level.

Simply put: If crowds are not allowed to attend local footy games this year, leagues will not play. If if the State Government lifts restrictions so crowds are allowed at outdoor venues, leagues will play.
No clubs will be forced to play a season with no spectators and no ability to open their bars or canteens.

Attached is a story I wrote on the issue earlier this month. But I understand not everyone has a subscription to the Advertiser online, hence this lengthy post.

Please share so we can stop the spread of misinformation elsewhere on social media. Hopefully teams are back on ovals sooner or later, when it’s permitted.

Common sense really :D
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat May 23, 2020 9:44 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:

Was anyone else thinking, what I was thinking B1? :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby meanderman » Sun May 24, 2020 8:59 am

What do we all think for lower grade footy? C grade competitions likely or unlikely?
meanderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby locky801 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:48 am

meanderman wrote:What do we all think for lower grade footy? C grade competitions likely or unlikely?

My lad who plays C Grade has been told there will be a comp as such but maybe made up of C Grade sides from different grades.

Guess it depends on how many Clubs can (1) have enough players (2) have the funds, however with the league saying no spectators/bar or canteen there will be no games kind of helps on the funding side
locky801
Coach

Postby scottroo » Sun May 24, 2020 11:00 am

Would think the c grade comp will go ahead, however triple headers may be a stretch
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:00 am

Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 24, 2020 11:36 am

Jim05 wrote:Governments return to sport plan

https://7news.com.au/sport/grandparents ... -c-1055674

Well that should take care of any hope of playing this year for senior football.
Get the juniors started now, its ridiculous they are not already playing.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 24, 2020 11:37 am

This is a guideline still and SA is weeks more advanced than the East Coast. It’s been mentioned on here numerous times but there is a lot of uncertainty being put out in social media - If you choose to listen there has been some clarity about the direction that is being taken. It’s not set in stone and again that’s based on best case scenario - It’s no different to other things in every day life at the moment. We all know that any leagues can’t resume unless there are some form of modified canteen and bar facilities so clubs can make money. With hotel restrictions being eased in coming weeks to potentially 50 patrons that can only be seen as a positive for our current scenario.

Behind the scenes there has been a lot of discussion between Leagues and government officials. The Adelaide Footy League with the information that is at hand have done a very good job thus far in my opinion about keeping its clubs informed of any relevant information.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby locky801 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:12 pm

i know some players that are grandparents, does that mean they cant play :D :D
locky801
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 24, 2020 5:53 pm

Local soccer annoucned they are returning and extremely confident of a return to play 27/6/20, they have even released their draw based on that start date.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League