SANFL 2020 Season

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Postby Brett » Wed May 27, 2020 9:32 pm

lol Doc , you keep giving
Last edited by Brett on Wed May 27, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Brett » Wed May 27, 2020 9:33 pm

DOC wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Josh Patullo out for Sturt.

Sounds like he was driven by the $$$to play. Disappointing.

Easy to see the players being recruited for money and dont fulfill. Did they have work beforehand ? Patullo played a year in the SANFL so its not money orientated. Some clubs love throwing money out to blokes . I guess if they dont fulfill now it says something hey.
If one club cant afford to its South. Why does this club not learn ? Year after year and they wonder why no success. The oldest club in the competition with no culture. Sad I think. I bet 2 pounds Rose was there for only that.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby JK » Thu May 28, 2020 12:02 am

Brett wrote:
DOC wrote:

Easy to see the players being recruited for money and dont fulfill. Did they have work beforehand ? Patullo played a year in the SANFL so its not money orientated. Some clubs love throwing money out to blokes . I guess if they dont fulfill now it says something hey.
If one club cant afford to its South. Why does this club not learn ? Year after year and they wonder why no success. The oldest club in the competition with no culture. Sad I think. I bet 2 pounds Rose was there for only that.

Hope Doc kept the tension off the line ...
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby UK Fan » Thu May 28, 2020 11:01 am

Jim05 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Final 5 I reckon, an extra weekend of footy when fans are likely to be allowed in, SANFL/SMA will need every game they can get to repair the damage this has all caused.

Pretty sure it is going to be Final 4, only three weeks of finals in the rough program done.

Has to be to allow the GF to be played the week before the AFL GF

May not be a requirement this year. Especially with WAFL season not kicking off until August.

You’d assume their GF will be after the AFLs.

How handy would footy park/two ovals to access be right now
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby holden78 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:06 pm

GET ON WITH IT :oops: ........... Massive Bunch of Bed Wetters!
Ain’t ever gunna be better until a vaccine comes ffs.
Sanfl missing a golden opportunity to present front and centre before gayfl creampuffs.
Weak and gutless.
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 28, 2020 3:18 pm

Confirmed starting 27th June

Seniors/Reserves/18's/Womens
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Brett » Thu May 28, 2020 3:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:Confirmed starting 27th June

Seniors/Reserves/18's/Womens

Yes press conference on now.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Magellan » Thu May 28, 2020 4:03 pm

SANFL SEASON TO START SATURDAY JUNE 27

SANFL has today announced that the 2020 SANFL Statewide Super League season will start on Saturday, June 27.

The first two rounds of the 14-minor round season will be played at Adelaide Oval, without spectators and under strict protocols within the State Government’s COVID-19 Step 2 easing of restrictions roadmap.

A decision on venues for future home and away matches will be determined closer to the season start date.

Rounds one and two will be double-headers played on Saturday and Sunday.

A three-week finals series between the top four will commence on the weekend of October 3-4, with the Grand Final to be held on the weekend of October 17-18.

Further details of the fixture will be released by mid-June.

SANFL Reserves and Under 18s Torrens University Cup competitions also will commence matches from June 27 at SANFL grounds, with the SANFL Statewide Super Women’s League resuming its season that weekend.

The Women’s League will play the six remaining home and away rounds, with a Grand Final scheduled for the weekend of August 22-23.

Under State Government Step 2 restrictions, up to 80 people – including players, umpires, coaches, medical staff and trainers – will be permitted on the ground, including matches at Adelaide Oval.

SANFL will continue discussions with SA Health about future easing of restrictions to allow additional people into grounds when the time is right.

SANFL Chief Executive Officer Jake Parkinson said today’s announcement was a significant step forward for the entire football community in South Australia.

“This is a great opportunity to showcase SANFL footy and reward South Australians and our passionate supporters for doing the right thing for the health and safety of everyone in our community.

“We are so proud to have the best State League competition in the nation kick off in four weeks, earlier than any other State, and at our iconic and world-class Adelaide Oval.”

SANFL and community football players returned to non-contact training last week and from next Monday, June 1, have State Government approval to resume contact training in groups of up to 20, with a maximum of 80 on an oval, under strict hygiene protocols.

“Over the past few weeks, we’ve seen our SANFL Clubs and many community football clubs and their passionate volunteers rise to the challenge of undertaking a safe return to training under strict guidelines and protocols,” Mr Parkinson said.

“This has achieved significant trust and respect from the Marshall Government and SA Health.

“Together with our clubs, we can feel very confident that if we all follow the protocols associated with a return to contact training and competition, that we will be providing the best possible environment for our players, coaches, support staff, umpires and wider football community.”

Mr Parkinson said SANFL was hopeful that further Government relaxing of restrictions would see spectators at games this season but accepted that in a rapidly-changing COVID-19 society it must be agile and flexible to get a season underway.

“There is no doubt that spectators make a huge contribution to the success of SANFL and all football matches, through the great social connection and financial support they provide on match days,” he said.

“However, we understand this is a unique environment we are in, so our road back to competition and recovery needs to happen cautiously and safely.”

Channel Seven is committed to broadcasting 14 minor round matches plus all finals. All non-broadcast matches, including Reserves, Women’s League and Under 18s, to be available live and an on-demand on SANFL Digital Pass with all proceeds going back to SANFL Clubs.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Brett » Thu May 28, 2020 4:46 pm

It would be good to see crowds back quickly. Glenelg fans miss out on the flag being raised at home otherwise and after a long wait they should be able to.I think that might be too much to ask.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby holden78 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:08 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: No f......g crowds, why the duck not?
Pathetic as usual :roll:
holden78
League - Best 21

Postby holden78 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:29 pm

Hey pinheads, heard of a little comp called Bundesliga? They are two weeks in already......
Games without members/ fans is proof the tree hugging bedwetters are in charge as if there was any doubt :roll:
holden78
League - Best 21

Postby southernbulldog » Thu May 28, 2020 5:58 pm

Be interesting to see what they do with the draw.
Either replicate what wouldve been Round 1 and change West & South to play each other
or start from the round thqt would be the 27th June and tack on the earlier rounds at the end ,
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Magellan » Thu May 28, 2020 6:08 pm

holden78 wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: No f......g crowds, why the duck not?
Pathetic as usual :roll:

holden78 wrote:Hey pinheads, heard of a little comp called Bundesliga? They are two weeks in already......
Games without members/ fans is proof the tree hugging bedwetters are in charge as if there was any doubt :roll:

Umm, the Bundesliga has resumed without crowds as well.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu May 28, 2020 6:15 pm

Brett wrote:It would be good to see crowds back quickly. Glenelg fans miss out on the flag being raised at home otherwise and after a long wait they should be able to.I think that might be too much to ask.

They can raise the flag next year, when they also raise this year's flag. ;)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Brett » Thu May 28, 2020 6:26 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Brett wrote:It would be good to see crowds back quickly. Glenelg fans miss out on the flag being raised at home otherwise and after a long wait they should be able to.I think that might be too much to ask.

They can raise the flag next year, when they also raise this year's flag. ;)

Confident.

It is not ideal though as that Bandwagon would have been very full . Imagine though if they did win it this year and didnt do the flag this year. That would be huge .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu May 28, 2020 6:42 pm

holden78 wrote:GET ON WITH IT :oops: ........... Massive Bunch of Bed Wetters!
Sanfl missing a golden opportunity to present front and centre before gayfl creampufffs
Weak and gutless.

TUT TUT YOU cannot use that word BEDWETTERS about anyone some people on here get offended.

I prefer spineless jelly fish LOL .
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Brett » Thu May 28, 2020 6:43 pm

JK wrote:
Brett wrote:
DOC wrote:

Hope Doc kept the tension off the line ...

If thats the case he is trolling ? Isn't that against the rules ? lol
Well he may as well I suppose. I wonder if he knows did the Rose transaction cost South 25G ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 28, 2020 6:49 pm

Brett wrote:If thats the case he is trolling ? Isn't that against the rules ? lol

So is posting nonsense but we let you stay.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Brett » Thu May 28, 2020 7:50 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Brett wrote:If thats the case he is trolling ? Isn't that against the rules ? lol

So is posting nonsense but we let you stay.

What nonsense ? Gee if thats the case there would be no site.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu May 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
holden78 wrote:GET ON WITH IT :oops: ........... Massive Bunch of Bed Wetters!
Sanfl missing a golden opportunity to present front and centre before gayfl creampufffs
Weak and gutless.

TUT TUT YOU cannot use that word BEDWETTERS about anyone some people on here get offended.

I prefer spineless jelly fish LOL .

and what's wrong with wetting the bed?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL