Postby sesaint » Thu May 28, 2020 2:45 pm

SecretInformant wrote:
sesaint wrote:
SecretInformant wrote:
scottroo wrote:I believe an announcement on TPPS is imminent

TPPS will be $0

They need to come out and say this ASAP

June 9 is the date they will provide the details

So they want to wait until they see if footy can go ahead with crowds, then tell clubs they can't pay players??!!
Gutless IMO
sesaint
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 28, 2020 3:01 pm

sesaint wrote:

So they want to wait until they see if footy can go ahead with crowds, then tell clubs they can't pay players??!!
Gutless IMO

Their hands are somewhat tied mate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby sesaint » Thu May 28, 2020 4:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
sesaint wrote:

Gutless IMO

Their hands are somewhat tied mate.

What do you mean?
Why cant they come out now and say no player payments?

The way I see it is they are waiting to see if restrictions will be lifted and then say "Oh and by the way you cant pay anyone this year".
They'd know full well that a lot of clubs wont be able to field sides if player payments aren't allowed.
sesaint
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 28, 2020 4:32 pm

sesaint wrote:The way I see it is they are waiting to see if restrictions will be lifted and then say "Oh and by the way you cant pay anyone this year".

Perhaps it's the other way around - waiting to see that crowds will be allowed before allowing payments knowing that clubs will struggle to be viable without that revenue from attendance.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Sass! » Fri May 29, 2020 10:20 am

The Bedge wrote:
sesaint wrote:The way I see it is they are waiting to see if restrictions will be lifted and then say "Oh and by the way you cant pay anyone this year".

Perhaps it's the other way around - waiting to see that crowds will be allowed before allowing payments knowing that clubs will struggle to be viable without that revenue from attendance.

Tend to agree with you on this Bedge. If it was as simple as saying there will be no player payments this year and that applies across the state, the league would have pulled the trigger on this by now. It is clearly not that straight forward and I would imagine the AdFL need to align with themselves with some of the country leagues that go ahead or risk losing quality players either this year or potentially next.

Every decision at the moment has a huge domino effect that needs plenty of forward planning but as we saw from last Fridays 4:30 announcement of pubs being allowed to open, the leagues aren't always given a lot of notice to plan!
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 29, 2020 10:53 am

Sass! wrote:
Tend to agree with you on this Bedge. If it was as simple as saying there will be no player payments this year and that applies across the state, the league would have pulled the trigger on this by now. It is clearly not that straight forward and I would imagine the AdFL need to align with themselves with some of the country leagues that go ahead or risk losing quality players either this year or potentially next.

Every decision at the moment has a huge domino effect that needs plenty of forward planning but as we saw from last Fridays 4:30 announcement of pubs being allowed to open, the leagues aren't always given a lot of notice to plan!

Exactly, that was totally what my initial point was, Bedge tapped the pilot nail and you drilled it home.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby zedman » Fri May 29, 2020 11:25 am

yes its NSW but this what we CAN get to..

Big venues in NSW will be able to host up to 500 patrons when lockdown restrictions ease on Monday - and there's loopholes to allow them to let even more inside.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... si=1110798
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby sesaint » Fri May 29, 2020 12:09 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Cant see them allowing any payments when SANFL are all playing for "nothing".
sesaint
Mini-League

Postby RHM 17 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:16 pm

sesaint wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I think sanfl players are getting the jobseeker payment.
RHM 17
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby sesaint » Fri May 29, 2020 12:24 pm

RHM 17 wrote:
sesaint wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Yeah they are. Not sure if all are. They won't let Amatuers or Country clubs pay while SANFL have no payments from club.
sesaint
Mini-League

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 29, 2020 1:20 pm

sesaint wrote:
RHM 17 wrote:
sesaint wrote:

Yeah they are. Not sure if all are. They won't let Amatuers or Country clubs pay while SANFL have no payments from club.

Ah, it will be just like the old days. Amateur football, where no one gets paid but no one plays for nothing
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 29, 2020 1:22 pm

sesaint wrote:Yeah they are. Not sure if all are. They won't let Amatuers or Country clubs pay while SANFL have no payments from club.

Who is 'they'? The SANFL?

CFL have surveyed Leagues.
AdFL surveyed clubs weeks ago (and has already published the results).
Regional leagues are surveying clubs which has a return date of next Monday

THEN the CFL will make their position for payments known based on the results of the survey - nothing to do with the SANFL or what they want.

SANFL clubs putting players on job keeper is the help secure their players and stop them all running off to other leagues for a pay check
The Bedge
Coach

Postby sesaint » Fri May 29, 2020 2:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:
sesaint wrote:Yeah they are. Not sure if all are. They won't let Amatuers or Country clubs pay while SANFL have no payments from club.

Who is 'they'? The SANFL?

CFL have surveyed Leagues.
AdFL surveyed clubs weeks ago (and has already published the results).
Regional leagues are surveying clubs which has a return date of next Monday

THEN the CFL will make their position for payments known based on the results of the survey - nothing to do with the SANFL or what they want.

SANFL clubs putting players on job keeper is the help secure their players and stop them all running off to other leagues for a pay check

CFL/SANFL one in the same.

Maybe SANFL should reward their players better for the amount of hours they put in.

We both obviously have differing views on this point.

I would say CFL/SANFL have already made up their mind regardless of what the clubs say.

CFL/SANFL forget that footy goes on past the tollgate or north of Grand Junction Road!!!

Will be interesting to see what the outcome is.
sesaint
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 29, 2020 2:45 pm

Let's agree to disagree.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Point man » Sat May 30, 2020 8:52 am

Long time listener first time caller: How many fringe A graders and lower grade teams are gona say I cbf playing this year now ?
A lot of teams r going to struggle to get numbers to fill sides..I can see a heap of forfeits coming if the season ever gets the nod
Point man
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby locky801 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:12 am

Point man wrote:Long time listener first time caller: How many fringe A graders and lower grade teams are gona say I cbf playing this year now ?
A lot of teams r going to struggle to get numbers to fill sides..I can see a heap of forfeits coming if the season ever gets the nod

Guess we can only speak about the Club (s) we have involvement in, i can state that Broadview have full lists training (under the specified conditions) including a full C Grade list of near 30 players
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Fricky » Sat May 30, 2020 10:14 am

Point man wrote:Long time listener first time caller: How many fringe A graders and lower grade teams are gona say I cbf playing this year now ?

Not a bad question. I agree that we'll see more forfeits than previous years, even if it is only a 9 game regular season.

That questions leads into this one. What are numbers at training looking like at the moment for everyone? I heard that Gaza havent started training yet, although that info was from a sister of a player.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby zedman » Sat May 30, 2020 10:25 am

After doing nothing for 2 months our players from all grades were bursting to get back on the track, why would fringe A graders and lower grade players not want to play? As we get closer to the start date you might find a few change their minds.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League