COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:31 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Of course you'd say that, you're an ump - however, it's official - umps are taking a 50% reduction for season 2020 only.

Good on 'em for coming to the party - it can't have been an easy decision, given the very important part they play in our game. but given everyone from the top down and the bottom up is doing a brilliant job in helping keep grass roots clubs afloat for this season, it was the right thing to do.

WTF that doesn't make much sense!

"Of course you'd say that, you're an ump" - well would've thought as an umpire, his opinion would hold some relevance/weight in the discussion.

"Good on 'em for coming to the party" - then you comment as if he's not an umpire?! :?

Yeah clap clap to the umpires for their sacrifice, it's good of them, clubs will be happy and wont complain, but still their decision makes very little sense.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:36 pm

Anyway, moving along, my concern really isn't how much we pay umpires - they set the price, we pay.. my concern will be how clubs manage to get these helpers to fill the goal/boundary/club umpire roles for FA... for a lot of them (all thought it prob shouldn't be) its an important little income on weekends - from Uni students, to retired/unemployed blokes.

Hard enough getting people to help as it is sadly. :(
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:39 pm

zedman wrote:Very generous move by the umpires and it will make a huge difference to the clubs, umpires fees are a big part of a footy club budget.

Lets remember them before and after the game and make sure they get a few benefits.

Well said, with the reduction in Umpire Fees and potentially no player payments this will help clubs dramatically. Might even allow some to bank some $'s to be well prepared for 2021.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby S Demon » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
By the time an umpire buys all of his attire required it takes about 4-5 rounds to recoup the costs, and that is during a normal season.

S Demon wrote:Not sure this is accurate

Lightning McQueen wrote:Boots/Shoes: $200 (on the cheap)
A new whistle:$20
2 shirts: $60
2 pairs of socks: $20
A hat: $16
Slacks: $50
Jacket: $60
Polo: $40
Shorts: $20

There's over $400 just there.

I can only speak from my own personal experience, but i don't spend that at the start of each year. You only wear the stuff 20 odd times per year. Maybe a new umpire might need to though I guess
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:10 pm

S Demon wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
By the time an umpire buys all of his attire required it takes about 4-5 rounds to recoup the costs, and that is during a normal season.

S Demon wrote:Not sure this is accurate

Lightning McQueen wrote:Boots/Shoes: $200 (on the cheap)
A new whistle:$20
2 shirts: $60
2 pairs of socks: $20
A hat: $16
Slacks: $50
Jacket: $60
Polo: $40
Shorts: $20

There's over $400 just there.

I can only speak from my own personal experience, but i don't spend that at the start of each year. You only wear the stuff 20 odd times per year. Maybe a new umpire might need to though I guess

Yeah, I've done up to half a dozen games on a weekend, sometimes 4 in one day at different venues, had planned to do two in the country on a Saturday and two in the city this season, I guess I'll see once everything settles.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:36 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Of course you'd say that, you're an ump - however, it's official - umps are taking a 50% reduction for season 2020 only.

Good on 'em for coming to the party - it can't have been an easy decision, given the very important part they play in our game. but given everyone from the top down and the bottom up is doing a brilliant job in helping keep grass roots clubs afloat for this season, it was the right thing to do.

WTF that doesn't make much sense!

"Of course you'd say that, you're an ump" - well would've thought as an umpire, his opinion would hold some relevance/weight in the discussion.

"Good on 'em for coming to the party" - then you comment as if he's not an umpire?! :?

Yeah clap clap to the umpires for their sacrifice, it's good of them, clubs will be happy and wont complain, but still their decision makes very little sense.

You're no rocket scientist, I know but it's not that hard to figure out that "Good on 'em" refers the umpires as a whole, why on earth do you think i was specifically referring to LM?

So thank you for needelssly and incorrectly picking my post to the bone.

I've essentially given umps a pat on the back here and i've been shat on for it - yet Z is a good guy for saying the same thing?

GAGF
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:43 pm

**** waa waa waaa.. cry me a bloody river!

Waaay to blow it all out of proportion and make it all about yourself. :roll:

For the record - I didn't give Z any pats on the back.

I like how you basically referred to me as stupid, and told me to get ******... wonder what the response would've been if situation was reversed and on the other foot? :roll:

You have your opinion, I have mine - they're different, no need to get your back up about something so trivial.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:48 pm

Also your post was hardly giving the umpires a "pat on the back", and if that was the intention then you missed the mark terribly IMO

"Good on 'em for coming to the party - it can't have been an easy decision, given the very important part they play in our game. but given everyone from the top down and the bottom up is doing a brilliant job in helping keep grass roots clubs afloat for this season, it was the right thing to do"

Make it sound like they were obligated to take a cut... your pat on the back was more a backhanded compliment.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby zedman » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:50 pm

The Bedge wrote:**** waa waa waaa.. cry me a bloody river!

Waaay to blow it all out of proportion and make it all about yourself. :roll:

For the record - I didn't give Z any pats on the back.

I like how you basically referred to me as stupid, and told me to get ******... wonder what the response would've been if situation was reversed and on the other foot? :roll:

You have your opinion, I have mine - they're different, no need to get your back up about something so trivial.

I can confirm that.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
You're no rocket scientist, I know but it's not that hard to figure out that "Good on 'em" refers the umpires as a whole, why on earth do you think i was specifically referring to LM?

So thank you for needelssly and incorrectly picking my post to the bone.

I've essentially given umps a pat on the back here and i've been shat on for it - yet Z is a good guy for saying the same thing?

GAGF

You done nothing of the sort :lol: :lol: :lol:

You said it was the right thing for them to do.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:I like how you basically referred to me as stupid, and told me to get ******... wonder what the response would've been if situation was reversed and on the other foot? :roll:

I love how you all just think you can twist my words and know my intentions. They've taken the cut - it was a done and dusted thing and I'm still being told it's terrible for suggesting it was a good thing to do :roll: even though THEY HAD ALREADY DONE IT before I even posted the original post.

Whatever Trevor. =;

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I like how you basically referred to me as stupid, and told me to get ******... wonder what the response would've been if situation was reversed and on the other foot? :roll: .

I love how you all just think you can twist my words and know my intentions. They've taken the cut - it was a done and dusted thing and I'm still being told it's terrible for suggesting it was a good thing to do :roll: even though THEY HAD ALREADY DONE IT before I even posted the original post.

Whatever Trevor. =;

I didn't twist anything, you wrote the crap not me.

Footy Chick wrote:it was a done and dusted thing and I'm still being told it's terrible for suggesting it was a good thing to do :roll:

No, YOU are not being told.. once again you're making this about you.. the deal had been done over the weekend, my comments made before, during and after that call has not changed and it certainly isn't directed TO YOU.

IMO (in my opinion.. MY OPINION), the umpires shouldn't have felt obligated to take a pay cut, the umpires didn't need to take a pay cut BUT the decision will still be appreciated by clubs.. and frankly THEIR (umpires, not you) decision doesn't make much sense.

Not sure how much clearer I can put it.. stop playing the victim here and thinking it's all about you.

Peace out.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I like how you basically referred to me as stupid, and told me to get ******... wonder what the response would've been if situation was reversed and on the other foot? :roll: .

Whatever Trevor. =;

I didn't twist anything, you wrote the crap not me.

Footy Chick wrote:it was a done and dusted thing and I'm still being told it's terrible for suggesting it was a good thing to do :roll:

No, YOU are not being told.. once again you're making this about you.. the deal had been done over the weekend, my comments made before, during and after that call has not changed and it certainly isn't directed TO YOU.

IMO (in my opinion.. MY OPINION), the umpires shouldn't have felt obligated to take a pay cut, the umpires didn't need to take a pay cut BUT the decision will still be appreciated by clubs.. and frankly THEIR (umpires, not you) decision doesn't make much sense.

Not sure how much clearer I can put it.. stop playing the victim here and thinking it's all about you.

Peace out.

Good to see other people firing up at each other on here :lol:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:00 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
I love how you all just think you can twist my words and know my intentions.

Footy Chick wrote:You're no rocket scientist, I know but ..
Apologies, to me this certainly seems like you're insinuating i'm not smart i.e. stupid.

Footy Chick wrote:GAGF
Apologies again, I thought GAGF was an acronym for GO AND GET ******.. silly me, guess I was wrong again - after all i'm not a rocket scientist.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:00 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Good to see other people firing up at each other on here :lol:

Shut up plumbers butt :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
I love how you all just think you can twist my words and know my intentions.

Footy Chick wrote:You're no rocket scientist, I know but ..
Apologies, to me this certainly seems like you're insinuating i'm not smart i.e. stupid.

Footy Chick wrote:GAGF
Apologies again, I thought GAGF was an acronym for GO AND GET ******.. silly me, guess I was wrong again - after all i'm not a rocket scientist.

You should know me by now, If i was going to call you stupid, I would've just called you stupid :lol:

and I am certainly not the first, nor will I be the last person to ever tell you to GAGF :lol:

Whatever, it's done - now I wish footy would start again so we can all calm our effing farms.

Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:17 pm

Footy Chick wrote:and I am certainly not the first, nor will I be the last person to ever tell you to GAGF :lol:

#Truth

Actually, the CEO told me to "F Off" Friday 8) :lol: - i'm on a real roll.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:33 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:and I am certainly not the first, nor will I be the last person to ever tell you to GAGF :lol:

#Truth

Teachers pet.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:26 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

#Truth

Teachers pet.

Haha for those who think i would be silly enough to think my work CEO would talk like that.. It was the PFC CEO I was referring.. well he’s not really the CEO, he’s the VP of Pulteney but he does everything and sundry.. he runs the mother trucker so I call him CEO :lol:

Fortunately we work together so I’ll forgive him.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby scottroo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:14 pm

It’s official. No player payments in 2020

83% of leagues voted no payments and 70% of clubs statewide

Travel allowance allowed

$600 a week on awards allowed
scottroo
League - Best 21