Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Q. » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:How bout Marshall just opens up the whole state for everyone, no restrictions on gatherings. Its obvious to everyone with half a brain the virus isnt present in this state anymore.
Maybe he's going to do his usual 5pm Friday presser and announce a raft of changes
Forced his own hand by letting this go. I can't understand how this can go ahead but you can't have a crowd at a grassroots footy game. I mean you could actually social distance at these grounds, unlike tomorrow.

Marshall is not in charge of the state.
The government has relinquished control

SA Health and SA Police control it

Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:20 pm

I don’t usually bother to answer you Q but are you mocking my comment that the government aren’t in control of the state?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Psyber » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:55 pm

From my perspective both Scomo and Marshall have done a good job, but are being pushed into rushing the ease up by self-centered commercial interests. I'll be expecting evidence of undiagnosed CV cases still floating around to emerge as a spread shows up among protesters and sport jocks and others being careless.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong but I favour caution.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:42 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:I don’t usually bother to answer you Q but are you mocking my comment that the government aren’t in control of the state?

Yes, yes I am.

Marshall and Stevens should be commended for facilitating peaceful protests that were inevitably going to take place. That is a Premier very much in control.

That being said, I agree with your recent sentiment that the drip feeding of lifting of restrictions is starting to look nonsensical.
Q.
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:20 pm

Q. wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:I don’t usually bother to answer you Q but are you mocking my comment that the government aren’t in control of the state?

Yes, yes I am.

Marshall and Stevens should be commended for facilitating peaceful protests that were inevitably going to take place. That is a Premier very much in control.

That being said, I agree with your recent sentiment that the drip feeding of lifting of restrictions is starting to look nonsensical.

Well maybe you should do some research and see who is actually in control of the state.
The Police Commissioner, as State Administrator, is in control of the state up to 28th June.
The Executive Committee have ceded power to him.
The government does not have the powers to lift the restrictions.
It’s SA Health holding it up.

I don’t have a problem with peaceful demonstrations, except when I can be fined for substantially less and there are ridiculous restrictions put on people that were breached all day yesterday!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Yes, yes I am.

Well maybe you should do some research and see who is actually in control of the state.
The Police Commissioner, as State Administrator, is in control of the state up to 28th June.

I don’t have a problem with peaceful demonstrations, except when I can be fined for substantially less and there are ridiculous restrictions put on people that were breached all day yesterday!

Why would the Police commissioner be in charge? Someone who has no interest in the economic future of the state, probably more inclined to keep pubs shut to give his police on the ground holiday time for another month. Actually i wonder if Police were made to take holidays etc and or laid off like everyone else since they wouldve had nothing to do since the restrictions were implemented. Could that have been why the protest went ahead, didnt have the resources to stop it?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:15 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Yes, yes I am.

Don't worry Jimbob, I'm well researched.

I think it is false to imply that the implementation of the Emergency Management Act 2004 and COVID-19 Emergency Response Act 2020 is a Government not in control. The correct application of these is precisely a Government in control and under both they still have regulatory power.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:20 pm

And it is wrong to assume The Government, SA Health & the Police Commissioner are operating in silos. There would absolutely be extensive consultative processes taking place.
Q.
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:09 pm

Q. wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Yes, yes I am.

Don't worry Jimbob, I'm well researched.

I think it is false to imply that the implementation of the Emergency Management Act 2004 and COVID-19 Emergency Response Act 2020 is a Government not in control. The correct application of these is precisely a Government in control and under both they still have regulatory power.

You are now
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:13 pm

Q. wrote:And it is wrong to assume The Government, SA Health & the Police Commissioner are operating in silos. There would absolutely be extensive consultative processes taking place.

Well don’t assume it then.
But the State Administrator is in control and advised by SA Health
I’ve read the legal advice on the powers held by all parties including the governor
The protest was authorised by The State Administrator not the government.
If it goes wrong, people will try to blame Marshall but the ultimate decision was not his.
You will note he said it was his decision to let it happen.
We presently live in a Police State
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:26 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:International flights look set to resume next tuesday on a restricted basis with Singapore airlines.

Watch the news this is freight only. Flight includes potato’s and Brussels Sprouts
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Brodlach wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:International flights look set to resume next tuesday on a restricted basis with Singapore airlines.

Watch the news this is freight only. Flight includes potato’s and Brussels Sprouts
People with a urgent or essential need to travel or return home can book on those flights aswell. Won’t be a huge capacity but I know there was 26 seats booked when I checked the log Friday
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:44 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

People with a urgent or essential need to travel or return home can book on those flights aswell. Won’t be a huge capacity but I know there was 26 seats booked when I checked the log Friday
I know Customs/immigration are preparing for passengers but I wasnt aware of the number

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:40 pm

Ridgway in ABC News tonight: It’s up to the Police Chief and CMO whether crowds can go to the football
People love to blame the President or PM (when it suits them) for doing nothing but there are limits to what the feds can do in an emergency
It’s how Andrews can agree one thing in the national cabinet and do something contrary

If people are interested, I’ll post the relevant sections of SA law that has made SA a Police State tomorrow when I fire up the laptop
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:12 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:Don't worry Jimbob, I'm well researched.

You are now

This was news two months ago :roll:
Q.
Coach

Postby LMA » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:26 pm

Sounds like a few on here could do with an essential rub and tug.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby JK » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:39 pm

LMA wrote:Sounds like a few on here could do with an essential rub and tug.

As opposed to the non-essential ones? :shock:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby LMA » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:51 pm

JK wrote:
LMA wrote:Sounds like a few on here could do with an essential rub and tug.

As opposed to the non-essential ones? :shock:

No lube, non essential, yah :lol:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby stan » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:22 pm

WTF did I just read?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan