Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Jase » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:06 am

whufc wrote:Losing a rugby friend to the black dog last night leaving behind four boys including a team mate.

Absolutely shocked, another case of no one from outside his inner circle saw it coming, had a very steady secure job, four boys excelling in the world both academically and on the sporting field. Was always the 'happiest' bloke at the rugby club, if he wasnt cooking the bbq, working behind the bar, strapping players he was out being an extra hand on the training track.

We just got to talk guys, there cant be any problem in this world that is worth leaving behind your children, you cant let them bury your body in these circumstances! We cant keep doing this to ourselves.

Sorry to hear mate, My son works at the store your mate was manager at and he found out last night...

Thoughts are with you and your mate's family...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:48 am

Brodlach wrote:
whufc wrote:Losing a rugby friend to the black dog last night leaving behind four boys including a team mate.

Absolutely shocked, another case of no one from outside his inner circle saw it coming, had a very steady secure job, four boys excelling in the world both academically and on the sporting field. Was always the 'happiest' bloke at the rugby club, if he wasnt cooking the bbq, working behind the bar, strapping players he was out being an extra hand on the training track.

We just got to talk guys, there cant be any problem in this world that is worth leaving behind your children, you cant let them bury your body in these circumstances! We cant keep doing this to ourselves.

Sorry to read that WHIFC and for your loss. I was following that on Facebook last night as I know some people from the Rams. Sounds like he was a very much loved member of the Rams community and gone way too soon. May he Rest In Peace.

Thanks mate.

Was an absolutely integral part of the club and 'one of those' people a club needs to get up and running. Nothing was ever too much for him, stupidly my greatest memory of him, is seeing him and his four boys doing all the dishes in the clubrooms after our 'steak night' and thinking geez this a club where i want to play for the people who make this such a great club.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Losing a rugby friend to the black dog last night leaving behind four boys including a team mate..

Sorry for your loss mate, I too lost a mate a couple weeks back to the same thing.. I think I've now farewelled more mates to suicide than I have aged family to natural causes. :'(

It's ok not to be ok, time people (men in particular) were more empowered to speak up and seek help.

Feel for your friend's family, especially the 4 boys.

Its ****** hey?

I dont know if statistically it is becoming more frequent or not but it definitely feels like it is.

I also wonder if it is because we live in a 'more stressful' society these days or is it because stuff like google can 'show us' how to do it... i mean i wouldn't even really know what to do even if i wanted, i can barely change my car tyre.

I just dont get it hey, i do know i want it to stop though.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:26 pm

Certainly feels more frequent. I kind of feel like it might be a combination of more stressful lifestyles in regards to work/life balance but also maybe (this prob wont make sense) an "image" issue - with the introduction of social media its completely changed how people flaunt what they have, what they should be doing, how you should live blah blah blah… pressure, expectation, unrealistic views.

Kind of like how there was that big issue in the 90s with girls and body image coz it was plastered on every magazine how you should look.

Think people cant help at times to feel inadequate when they compare to others or creates doubt in their minds about their own validity in life.. then i feel like although there is a huge push these days to speak up, reality is a lot of men would feel embarrassed about speaking up if they've got an issue, and probably less likely to speak up to a friend.

I really don't know, I know there are/would be a lot of factors and everyone is different, but something has to give soon, something needs to happen. :(
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:59 pm

Coming to the conclusion and trying to sort out accounts as I will no longer will be with my wife.

We've had some great times and she is my best friend but there are too many variables that have forced me to leave.

Time heals all wounds.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:02 pm

Sorry to hear mate. Here if you need.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:05 pm

Booney wrote:Sorry to hear mate. Here if you need.

Cheers mate, you always are, I appreciate it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:06 pm

Sorry to hear mate. It's always a difficult time no matter the circumstances.

If you ever want a weekend away, hit of golf, or you just want a day out of the big smoke im more than happy to sink a few brews with you up here in Clare.
whufc
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:09 pm

Oh shit, sorry LM, hope it goes as well as it can from here.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:10 pm

whufc wrote:Sorry to hear mate. It's always a difficult time no matter the circumstances.

If you ever want a weekend away, hit of golf, or you just want a day out of the big smoke im more than happy to sink a few brews with you up here in Clare.

Yeah, very hard decision knowing full well I'm going to feel like shit for a while, it's pretty much been two weeks now and my mind doesn't seem to be changing.

Funny about that, we had booked accommodation up that way for our anniversary.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:Oh shit, sorry LM, hope it goes as well as it can from here.

Cheers mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:15 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Sorry to hear mate. It's always a difficult time no matter the circumstances.

Yeah, very hard decision knowing full well I'm going to feel like shit for a while, it's pretty much been two weeks now and my mind doesn't seem to be changing.

Funny about that, we had booked accommodation up that way for our anniversary.

Oh shit sorry for suggesting that.

I know your a real logical thinker so if the head is telling you its probably worth backing it in.

I still remember all the bad feelings that hit me when i knew for sure me and my wife were over, it was a combination of hurt, embarrassment, regret, devastation.

It took me months to be comfortable with the idea of being single, at that point in time i probably would have stayed with the wife for nothing more than not wanting to be single and it felt 'easier'. Lucky for me the wife was completely done and we rightly were completely over.

Fast forward 7 years and im living my best life and dont think ive ever been happier, including me and my ex wife getting along better than we ever did during the marriage.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:27 pm

whufc wrote:

I know your a real logical thinker so if the head is telling you its probably worth backing it in.

I still remember all the bad feelings that hit me when i knew for sure me and my wife were over, it was a combination of hurt, embarrassment, regret, devastation.

It took me months to be comfortable with the idea of being single, at that point in time i probably would have stayed with the wife for nothing more than not wanting to be single and it felt 'easier'. Lucky for me the wife was completely done and we rightly were completely over.

Fast forward 7 years and im living my best life and dont think ive ever been happier, including me and my ex wife getting along better than we ever did during the marriage.

It's all good mate, I'm not doing a "Forgetting Sarah Marshall".

I'm not concerned about being single, I'm a bit annoyed how it all panned out but deep down I knew it was gonna come, I'm a pretty laid back simple sort of bloke and there was constant drama that really had f*** all to do with me and I ended up feeling like a stranger in my own house.

There just never seems like there will be an end to the bullshit and I don't want to reach 50 and wonder where did my life go? I want to travel and enjoy the world and not feel that I have to help fix everyone, my kids had noticed it lately and I haven't been able to see them as much lately, they kind of got pushed to the side.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:57 pm

shit.

i never like hearing of couples breaking up. that certainly makes me sad.

however, sometimes it is definitely the best thing to do for all involved.

ive only met you the once LM, but if you need to im happy to catch up again (observing social distancing etc etc)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Magellan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

It's all good mate, I'm not doing a "Forgetting Sarah Marshall".

I'm not concerned about being single, I'm a bit annoyed how it all panned out but deep down I knew it was gonna come, I'm a pretty laid back simple sort of bloke and there was constant drama that really had f*** all to do with me and I ended up feeling like a stranger in my own house.

There just never seems like there will be an end to the bullshit and I don't want to reach 50 and wonder where did my life go? I want to travel and enjoy the world and not feel that I have to help fix everyone, my kids had noticed it lately and I haven't been able to see them as much lately, they kind of got pushed to the side.

Just saw this - very sorry to hear the news, LM.

As Booney rightly said, the SAFooty family is here whenever you need to bend an ear and/or the elbow. It's a brave decision to move on in these circumstances, but it's seems clear that that's what your head and gut are telling you to do. The early stages may be tough, but whufc's experience shows the light at the end of the tunnel is worth chasing.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:06 pm

tipper wrote:shit.

ive only met you the once LM, but if you need to im happy to catch up again (observing social distancing etc etc)

Yeah, I held out for hope as long as I could and then realized it will be easier to deal with the torment for a bit and then get on with life.

Yeah, I'll be keen for another bevvie some time, I wont have to drive this time as I'm living in Prospect so I'll be able to down a few pints and talk some shit.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:07 pm

Sorry to hear LM, the SA Footy family is here if we can help...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Magellan wrote:Just saw this - very sorry to hear the news, LM.

As Booney rightly said, the SAFooty family is here whenever you need to bend an ear and/or the elbow. It's a brave decision to move on in these circumstances, but it's seems clear that that's what your head and gut are telling you to do. The early stages may be tough, but whufc's experience shows the light at the end of the tunnel is worth chasing.

Thanks mate, I've putted on these greens before and know it's a bit of a roller coaster, this place is a great avenue for support, my phone started lighting up minutes after I posted it, the support that came through when my son had his ordeal over Christmas, I don't think I've gotten over that and I didn't get the support from where I needed it most, it was like I did something wrong for being away for so long.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:11 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Sorry to hear LM, the SA Footy family is here if we can help...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Cheers mate, just continue to take the piss out of me, hang shit on me and all will be fine, that's what I like most about this place.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:shit.

Yeah, I held out for hope as long as I could and then realized it will be easier to deal with the torment for a bit and then get on with life.

Yeah, I'll be keen for another bevvie some time, I wont have to drive this time as I'm living in Prospect so I'll be able to down a few pints and talk some shit.

i might have to crash at my brothers place in that case then :)

remind be not to warn him before time. reckon it will be better value if i just rock up drunk and invite myself in (he lives around the corner fro the reepham :) )
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion