Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:44 pm

Spargo wrote:Not forgetting Mt Compass either, another good course down South.

Yeah I have my eye on that one, been watching their social media lately and looks like its in great nick. Will get there soon. Was a bit scarred by it a few years back when it was in terrible condition.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:45 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I do like Lady Bay

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I see golf deals have a special on at the moment at Lady Bay. $85.00 a round for two people including a motorised buggy. what's a normal round worth?

Thats a great deal, same course on the Eastern seaboard would cost you $80-90pp to walk.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

I see golf deals have a special on at the moment at Lady Bay. $85.00 a round for two people including a motorised buggy. what's a normal round worth?

Thats a great deal, same course on the Eastern seaboard would cost you $80-90pp to walk.

Yeah I thought it seemed pretty cheap.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:51 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Yeah I have my eye on that one, been watching their social media lately and looks like its in great nick. Will get there soon. Was a bit scarred by it a few years back when it was in terrible condition.
Apparently its improved leaps n bounds.

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:52 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Yeah I thought it seemed pretty cheap.

No so sure about that. Played Growling Frog on Friday - $44 Green fees & $30 for a cart. Its certainly comparable to McCracken. Not sure about Lady Bay, I never played there.

I think the $80-$90 prices would be the high end stuff out on the peninsula past Frankston/Cranbourne.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Just keep an eye out for the Joe Blakes in summer...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:56 pm

They're harmless....

A mate dont like them, when we played flaggy we came across a skin that was shed left on a green[emoji23][emoji23]

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:22 pm

When me and a mate played flaggy last summer we walked onto the 7th green and a 3 foot black snake was resting on the green near a bunker, we were shit scared but it wasn't moving so we thought it might be dead. I rolled an old ball at it and nothing, my mate had his camera rolling. 30 seconds later a green keeper pulls up, walks over to it and picks it up and puts it elsewhere on the green...........it was rubber and designed to scare off the ducks from shitting all over the green :oops: :oops:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby MatteeG » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:When me and a mate played flaggy last summer we walked onto the 7th green and a 3 foot black snake was resting on the green near a bunker, we were shit scared but it wasn't moving so we thought it might be dead. I rolled an old ball at it and nothing, my mate had his camera rolling. 30 seconds later a green keeper pulls up, walks over to it and picks it up and puts it elsewhere on the green...........it was rubber and designed to scare off the ducks from shitting all over the green :oops: :oops:

LOL- I got done on the same- we were playing Ambrose and I holed a 25 footer standing reasonably close to it and sweating up a bit. Team mates were ecstatic not for the birdie but for the fact they didn't have to go near it. Only found out it was fake back in the clubrooms!!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby MatteeG » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Playing Compass on Sunday- will feed back. Would kill to be in conditions like today (very unlikely looking at the forecast!!)
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby MatteeG » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:48 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

Great deal that BC- reckon you are saving at least $50 - $60 there.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:48 am

MatteeG wrote:
Dutchy wrote:When me and a mate played flaggy last summer we walked onto the 7th green and a 3 foot black snake was resting on the green near a bunker, we were shit scared but it wasn't moving so we thought it might be dead. I rolled an old ball at it and nothing, my mate had his camera rolling. 30 seconds later a green keeper pulls up, walks over to it and picks it up and puts it elsewhere on the green...........it was rubber and designed to scare off the ducks from shitting all over the green :oops: :oops:

LOL- I got done on the same- we were playing Ambrose and I holed a 25 footer standing reasonably close to it and sweating up a bit. Team mates were ecstatic not for the birdie but for the fact they didn't have to go near it. Only found out it was fake back in the clubrooms!!

For a rubber snake they are bloody realistic, even when you get close to them its hard to tell.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Spargo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

For a rubber snake they are bloody realistic, even when you get close to them its hard to tell.

Might have to get one for the bedroom...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:28 am

Ok so I have put my 3 cards in. Scores of 94, 104 and 102.
Looked up on golf link and they have my handicap at 18.9 :shock:
Was expecting high 20's, not sure how they work it that low, I havnt played to it once.
Oh well.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:32 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Ok so I have put my 3 cards in. Scores of 94, 104 and 102.
Was expecting high 20's, not sure how they work it that low, I havnt played to it once.
Oh well.
You have only put 3 cards in..... they are using the 94 as the handicap score....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:57 am

heater31 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Ok so I have put my 3 cards in. Scores of 94, 104 and 102.
Oh well.
You have only put 3 cards in..... they are using the 94 as the handicap score....

Will it change after I put in my 4th and so on or do I have to wait until 8 cards are put in. Ideally I would love to get to 18 ( shot a hole) I am not there yet.
As long as it doesn't look like a mistake as I am genuinely shocked it's that low!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby am Bays » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:01 am

A month ago had a week off and did five rounds

Palmerston front and back nine. Darwin front and back and Gardens Park just the nine.

Best round was a 54, worst was a 67.

Can I say unless you are over 60 or have a designated medical handicap what's the point of a motorised buggy. Defeats the whole purpose of the objective to get some exercise in.

keen to have another hit soon

Will post a photo later tonight of a hazard warning sign up here....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:08 am

am Bays wrote:A month ago had a week off and did five rounds

Palmerston front and back nine. Darwin front and back and Gardens Park just the nine.

Best round was a 54, worst was a 67.

Can I say unless you are over 60 or have a designated medical handicap what's the point of a motorised buggy. Defeats the whole purpose of the objective to get some exercise in.

keen to have another hit soon

Will post a photo later tonight of a hazard warning sign up here....

Bit hard to carry an esky full of piss while pushing a buggy mate.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:08 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Oh well.

Will it change after I put in my 4th and so on or do I have to wait until 8 cards are put in. Ideally I would love to get to 18 ( shot a hole) I am not there yet.
As long as it doesn't look like a mistake as I am genuinely shocked it's that low!
It will fluctuate until you get 20 cards and the calculation is using the best 8. For 3 cards only it is the best score and sliding scale until 20 cards use the best 8.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:22 am

heater31 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Oh well.

It will fluctuate until you get 20 cards and the calculation is using the best 8. For 3 cards only it is the best score and sliding scale until 20 cards use the best 8.

Thanks mate. Pity the first day I played was perfect conditions unlike the last 2 games. Oh well.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf